Israel Folau is off contract and is meeting Todd Greenberg about returning to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to offer him a massive contract and sign him.

Posting this here as everything we've been asking for lately has been happening at the Bulldogs so thought I'd try my luck :tearsofjoy:

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to offer him a massive contract and sign him.

Posting this here as everything we've been asking for lately has been happening at the Bulldogs so thought I'd try my luck :tearsofjoy:
Where would you play him tho?

Move mbye to centres in place of hoppa and play big izzy at 1.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where would you play him tho?

Move mbye to centres in place of hoppa and play big izzy at 1.
Folau fullback with Mbye either centre or 5/8 or you can keep Mbye at fullback and play Folau at centre. They can also interchange.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It won't happen, but if it were to, I'd say get rid of Hoppa as he'll likely leave now that Des has pissed off.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s a big risk because he will want mega bucks and has been away from NRL for a long time now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd play Izzy at centre and let him roam the field at times. Haven't seen him play for over a year though and i'm not sure if he's worth the potential $$$.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
No way would I want him if it meant shifting Mbye from fullback. Mbye has all sorts of potential and Folau is past his best anyway.Plus Izzy is about 100 now. Is he going to play with a walking frame? I don't think we need him and doubt he'd be worth the cash he would command.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No way would I want him if it meant shifting Mbye from fullback. Mbye has all sorts of potential and Folau is past his best anyway.Plus Izzy is about 100 now. Is he going to play with a walking frame? I don't think we need him and doubt he'd be worth the cash he would command.
He's 28, why are people who don't even watch him saying he's past it?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have the most cap space to be able to sign him! Last time I checked it was around $1 million, and if they let any of their lower grade players go that would add another $500K to $1 million!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He's 28, why are people who don't even watch him saying he's past it?
I'm not really saying he's past it.....I'm sure he can play. But 28 isn'yt young for a footy player. I was being a bit hyperbolic with the walking frame comment. For me the concern is more that he would command a fortune and at his age I don't think we'd get suitable return for that kind of investment. Especially when we have a prospect who looks really good at fullback. I just don't think we need to splash that sort of cash on an outside back.....and I don't want Izzy at fb.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'm not really saying he's past it.....I'm sure he can play. But 28 isn'yt young for a footy player. I was being a bit hyperbolic with the walking frame comment. For me the concern is more that he would command a fortune and at his age I don't think we'd get suitable return for that kind of investment. Especially when we have a prospect who looks really good at fullback. I just don't think we need to splash that sort of cash on an outside back.....and I don't want Izzy at fb.
28 is a player's peak usually. Also he is exactly what we need.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
28 is a player's peak usually. Also he is exactly what we need.
I'd prefer to buy a player before they peak rather than during their peak. You can't build a future around a player who is peaking. How is he? Lol.....he plays one of the only positions we look well and truly set in. We could use another outside back, sure.....but not at his price. I'd think a half to partner Foran and some bench impact are the main things we are needing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.