Frawley gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue&whitepride

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Matt Frawley has been dumped by the Bulldogs for Round 3.Source: News Corp Australia
BULLDOGS coach Dean Pay has reacted to the club’s poor start to the season by axing five-eighth Matt Frawley in favour of rookie Jeremy Marshall-King.
The younger brother of Wests Tigers star Benji Marshall, Marshall-King has played the opening two matches of the season for the Bulldogs off the interchange bench.

The decision from pay comes after the Bulldogs have opened the season by leaking 66 points — the club’s worst defensive start to a year since 1971.

Marshall-King, 22, will be paired alongside Bulldogs star recruit Kieran Foran as the club prepares to meet the undefeated Panthers at ANZ Stadium on Friday.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I must admit Frawley had a deceptively good show and go but unfortunately he’s now shown and goneski!!

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mmm. Even though I saw JMK as next in line given his status on the bench, this surprises me after only 2 rounds. It will be interesting to see what the bench looks like then. Will they bring Brown onto the bench for HIA cover etc or go with 4 boppers.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Pay has identified our middle third as an issue. Wouldn’t be surprised to see another forward on the bench.

14. Fualalo
15. Tolman
16. Tualalo
17. Fine

blue&whitepride

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mmm. Even though I saw JMK as next in line given his status on the bench, this surprises me after only 2 rounds. It will be interesting to see what the bench looks like then. Will they bring Brown onto the bench for HIA cover etc or go with 4 boppers.

I reckon 4 forwards - although Brown played well on the weekend

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hearing nu brown to take his spot

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im glad we have a coach that isnt afraid to make changes and/or learn from his mistakes. At least hr is trying. Might fail miserably but could also unearth a potential superstar in JMK..
Lets just hope he fixes bench issues and rotation as well.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Frawley has had some great moments with some
Shockers.

Overall I’m happy for a change.

Kind of wanted Lewis involved but will give jmk his chance to cement himself.

I think tolman and Elliott have to be dropped. I understand tolman Won’t Be. I hope he is moved into another club ASAP. Elliott dropped.

Bench with utility add Lewis, tualau, tolman(unfortunately) fine/To’omaga.

Without utility.

Tualau, To’omaga, tolman, fine

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to block the middle so Jacko should be lock and Fine on the edge. Drop Tolman and Elliott as well - they have had no impact at all - and bring in Tualau and To'omaga. A bench that reads Fualalo, Tualau, To'omaga and Brown is starting to look close to FG quality. Fualalo needs a rocket too. Too much falling off tackles and doesn't look like he's committed right now.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he never sees first grade again

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Also I won’t believe anything until I see the lineup

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
frawley has never looked first grade standard, if anything still seemed to over achieve to play as well he did, had some good moments at different times but he should be at best a clubs 3rd or 4th half who can fill in when needed if there is injuries at the club

in saying that, frawley is far from the reason for some rather poor performances, tho he did cause a few negative momentum swings against the storm but ultimitately dumping him for JMK will do nothing to solve our defensive issues and lack of consistent for forward

i guess it may mean a four forward bench and might mean adding a player who can bend the line of the bench but that just means we've sacrificed bench versatility for impact running, rather then dropping 1 of the under performing forwards and keeping both

Status
Not open for further replies.