Aaron Woods ‘a shadow’ of James Graham, says Michael Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
HE’S the $800,000 per season marquee man who forced James Graham out of Canterbury, but he’s not living up to his price tag.

That’s the belief of former NRL premiership-winner Michael Ennis, who says Aaron Woods is “a shadow” of what Graham has been at new club St George Illawarra in the opening rounds of the season.

Woods linked with the Bulldogs on a rich four-year deal, a move that caused Graham to sign with the Dragons on a contract worth a reported $1.8 million over three seasons.

Upon arriving at Belmore, Woods said he was excited to play the “rugged style” of football the Bulldogs are renown for.

But according to Ennis, who played for the Bulldogs from 2010 to 2014, the Australia and NSW Origin prop is yet to display those traits, and it was clear what the club had lost in Graham.

“It’s evident. Look at the Dragons at the moment,” Ennis told Fox Sports.

“(Graham) has been the heart and soul. (Dragons coach) Paul McGregor has been treasuring what James Graham has brought to that club.

“Aaron Woods, there is so much focus on Woods being a front-rower.

“We know what we get from David Klemmer. He’s aggressive, he welcomes the contact, he takes personal battles against opposition front-rowers.

“Aaron Woods stepping into Graham’s shoes, in the opening two rounds — and it’s only been two rounds, let’s not go too hard — he’s been a shadow of what James Graham has done at the Dragons.

“For me, Aaron Woods at the moment is just knocking out his numbers, but in terms of really leading this Canterbury-Bankstown forward
pack, I haven’t seen that yet.”

Woods has averaged 58 minutes in his first two games, along with 13.5 runs, 115 metres and 27.5 tackles.

Asked whether the bearded prop needed to roll up his sleeves, Ennis replied: “Absolutely. The Roosters really targeted their centre-third the other day and it had great value.

“When your coach comes out over the summer and says ‘I want the Dogs of War back’ ... Dean Pay was one of the household names at Canterbury for his toughness, and he wants to resemble that in his football side.

“I haven’t seen that from Aaron Woods yet, I haven’t seen that in the opening two rounds.

“I want to see him get down and dirty, I want to see him get personal.

“We saw it with young (James) Fisher-Harris and (George) Burgess on the weekend — a young kid standing his ground and welcoming that impact and collision.

“I haven’t seen that from Aaron Woods yet.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/f4f47bc254f914be2b428bd525a96c04

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ennis also said Brooks should move to hooker and Reynolds should take his place lol. Graham hasn't been anything flash at the Dragons, Ennis is just talking up his mates like usual.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ah Mick. 1....its round 3 this week and 2 Graham isnt the reason saints are firing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't wait for the next gripping episode where Ennis tells everyone that Reynolds is the best 5/8 in the comp by a mile and is a shoo in for the Origin spot. Now if only he was playing.... I suppose it could be worse. TRex might also be a godfather to one of his kids and he would be pumping him up for an Origin spot as well.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis is so full of bullocks seriously starting to really dislike this turd, but on the other hand I admire his loyalty as others have stated.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It’s only been two rounds, let’s not go too hard, but Woods has been a shadow of Graham. - loosely paraphrased from Ennis.

Listen to yourself Mick, you nepotistic prick. You’ve built goodwill here but I think a lot of fans are getting tired of your agenda driven shit talk. Stop blowing smoke up your mate’s bumholes and pushing your personal agendas and try actually doing what you’re paid to do. Provide insightful, professional, non partisan analysis.

Nothing against Graham. He’s been good and I think it sucks he was pushed out, but I'm tired of this clown Ennis and his personal agendas.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Fuck ennis..that sharks pack made him look good

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is that the Tigers wouldn't have beaten the Storm without Packer, and he only had 50 run meters. You need aggression and leadership in the forwards as well as workhorses and meter-eaters. I told you guys last year that Woods isn't an aggressive forward.

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All I'm gonna say is that the Tigers wouldn't have beaten the Storm without Packer, and he only had 50 run meters. You need aggression and leadership in the forwards as well as workhorses and meter-eaters. I told you guys last year that Woods isn't an aggressive forward.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

You have the kennel here who are full of ex-nrl players and future Craig Bellamy's

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Woods is never going to be the type of player that is ultra aggressive that’s Klemmers job and he’s bringing his hand bag to games at the minute.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Pretty much what I have been saying all this week. I never wanted Graham gone and we could definitely be using his aggression right now. Wood's has offloads which is great, early days though.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woods is never going to be the type of player that it ultra aggressive that’s Klemmers job and he’s not bringing his hand bag to games at the minute.
I was about to say just this

I like what Woods brings and the stuff he does isn’t recorded on stats ....wins the ruck, play the ball speed, attracting multiple defenders which means opposition has somewhat staggered d line for the next tackle

And he can offload unlike Bum chum Klemmer

Cheap shot from Ennis.

How about discussing our shit d pattern, our useless bench or lack of express pace and acceleration (except for Mbye)

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s only been two rounds, let’s not go too hard, but Woods has been a shadow of Graham. - loosely paraphrased from Ennis.

Listen to yourself Mick, you nepotistic prick. You’ve built goodwill here but I think a lot of fans are getting tired of your agenda driven shit talk. Stop blowing smoke up your mate’s bumholes and pushing your personal agendas and try actually doing what you’re payed to do. Provide insightful, professional, non partisan analysis.

Nothing against Graham. He’s been good and I think it sucks he was pushed out, but tired of this clown Ennis and his personal agendas.
Ennis is fast learning the ways of the media:

1) Be controversial
2) Make sure it relates to the bulldogs
3) if you can’t get #1 right then go straight to #2

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
James can be a fiery character and the team can feed off it but by the end of it he was having little impact and the Dragons will get the same thing after a while, give it time and Woods will have some Bulldog passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.