Chill pill

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All

Been reading over the past 2 weeks (yes before anyone has a crack, I don't post much but I am on here daily to have read) and people need to realise where we are at as club and the teams we have faced

Firstly we coped Melbourne straight up...lost but actually if Mybe catches and passes to his right it could have been 24 all and a different ball game

Then we coped the Roosters on a rebound from a shock loss. Our odds should have been 1/100. 5 day turnaround along with travel back from Perth. If any body thought we were going to be 1/2 or 2/2 is kidding themselves

We will have a tough year and probably a tough 2019 we need to let Pay put his stamp on the roster. Defence has been an issue but I believe Pay will be tough with them and we ill get some good results this year. Our roster is 1 of the worse at the moment.

the 1 thing I agree on from reading some articles is that our bench needs an overhaul as we have no impact at all and it is a big issue

Give the club and Pay time

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
That’s what’s wrong with the club these days, always finding an excuse to why it was ok to lose.
It’s never ok to lose no matter who you play. Of corse you can’t win every game, but to try and find ways to justify losing all the time is wrong.
You think for example Melbourne, if they had played the roosters in round one and lost Bellamy would say look it’s ok we lost we played the roosters look at their team they are the premiership favourites? Finding excuses to why losing is ok sends out the wrong message and filters all the why down to the lower grades. Sorry bro, just my opinion.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi All

Been reading over the past 2 weeks (yes before anyone has a crack, I don't post much but I am on here daily to have read) and people need to realise where we are at as club and the teams we have faced

Firstly we coped Melbourne straight up...lost but actually if Mybe catches and passes to his right it could have been 24 all and a different ball game

Then we coped the Roosters on a rebound from a shock loss. Our odds should have been 1/100. 5 day turnaround along with travel back from Perth. If any body thought we were going to be 1/2 or 2/2 is kidding themselves

We will have a tough year and probably a tough 2019 we need to let Pay put his stamp on the roster. Defence has been an issue but I believe Pay will be tough with them and we ill get some good results this year. Our roster is 1 of the worse at the moment.

the 1 thing I agree on from reading some articles is that our bench needs an overhaul as we have no impact at all and it is a big issue

6 day turnaround and travel from Perth is a pissweak excuse.

What are we going to do when Perth are brought back into the NRL? It's a professional sport and travel is part of it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we don’t beat the Panthers this Friday after enjoying 7 days break in between and the fact Panthers are there for the taking (2 unconvincing wins at home v Eels and Bunnies) then we are in a hole

It’s also our first home game (Perth doesn’t count)

I want to see us register a fkn W, no more piss poor excuses

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think once the team settles into a rhythm we'll string some wins together.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The biggest concern is noticable problems from one game are not being actioned for the next it seems.

If your team defends like shit in R1, you work on that during the week and fix it for R2.
If your team struggles in attack within 20m zone in R1, you work on that during the week and fix it for R2.

I'm a little concerned that Pay might be playing "Mr Nice Guy" too much, rather than tearing into the players who (it appears at the moment), need a good talking to. Some players are not putting in 100% out there on the field and it's obvious.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I have definitely not lost hope for improvement, but leaking that many points each week is really, really fucking worrying. You win games with defence, and we have close to none of it.

I know they were the top 2 teams last year, but we were embarrassing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would be more chilled if our defence wasn't Raiders like and Pay wasn't the previous Raiders defensive coach. Doesn't exactly fill me confidence. Ohh and if Pay knew how to use a fucking bench and selected the players we actually need on it then that would also help. We need hard running middle forwards off the bench, really fucking simple Pay. Just look at all the other teams. Also tell Klemmer and rest of the ***** to run like mad men and actually push away from defenders and get good play the balls. Actually just fucking start all over again ffs.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing is if the players and the coaching staff start believing we have every excuse to underperform this year because we are rebuilding and we have new combinations and we have back ended contracts that are impacting team cohesion, the front office is fighting a civil war etc etc. That is to say making excuses it is going to be a long season.

After watching the mighty Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs for 38 years and really looking forward to the start of the season these first two games have been so disappointing.

I'm not giving up yet as I have seen some glimmer of hope but the lack of commitment in defence, lack of line speed, the forwards getting dominated like little bitches. Please Dean get them fired up, running hard and tackling hard.

Last edited:

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bench was a joke , fine comes on and makes 1 tackle wasted, no forward ran for 100 metres which is below par, missing easy 1 on 1’s , promised dogs of war but haven’t seen this yet,

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The bench was a joke , fine comes on and makes 1 tackle wasted, no forward ran for 100 metres which is below par, missing easy 1 on 1’s , promised dogs of war but haven’t seen this yet,
We did have forwards that ran over 100m, use better sites for stats lol.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

What are we going to do when Perth are brought back into the NRL? It's a professional sport and travel is part of it.
Im in 2 minds about this. Judging from the storm tigers result, may be it is a valid excuse. However i would also agree if people say our players didnt show enough commitment in defence against roosters

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No, as stated earlier. We can't carry Tolman, B.Morris, J.Morris, Elliot( hoe the f#*@! does he make first grade), Frawley, Hopoate ,Montoya (really, he's average at best), and our " guns", Jackson and Klemmer. A terrible team, and it will get worse. Think Luke Young era. Yes. That bad.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've not completely given up on the year yet, melb and the roosters probably finish top 4 but an impressive win this week against penrith is a must.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Also Roosters copped numerous injuries on the day, plus a sin bin

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs will be on more premiership points after round 26 than the Tigers.
Whether that will be enough for a finals spot, I doubt.
It’s only March.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All

Ive never read so much bullshit in my life. Do you have any other excuses that you want to use. Maybe the water in belmore doesnt taste nice, or the air is fresher at other clubs training grounds. Its one rubbish excuse after another.

Ive said it once ill say again we have a decent roster. The players lack desire to win, they lack enthusiasm and aggression.

Is it the roster why we lack line speed and aggression in def. Is it the roster why we didnt seem to have a gameplan in rd 1 or 2. Is it the roster why we kick on the full to opponents back 3 or that our kick chase is shit or our markers arent working from marker. Is it the roster why our def all of a sudden is rubbish. Particularly our wrestle and our ruck def.

We have 3 current SOO fowards another gun edge backrower in RFM. A superstar hb in Foran. Other teams will kill for our roster. Its not the roster the players just need to fire the fuck up show pride in the jersey and stop playing like a bunch of pussies.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
...and on that theme of all-time dud Bulldogs teams, our new Adam Brideson is Adam Elliot, Filinga Filiga is Marcello Montoya, or Heka Nanai(take your pick), Brad Morrin is Josh Jackson, Brett Oliver is Matt Frawley, Dallas McIlwain or Luke Young is Moses Mbye, and Chris Armit is Aiden Tolman. No chill pill. Something much stronger is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.