Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hey at least we aren’t as bad as Parra

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
- 6 day turnaround from a massive interstate trip (thanks for that Raelene)

- New coach, new halfback

- Major change in approach from boring, percentage play to taking the game on

Things take time to click, let's have some patience and back the boys. Remember how good it looked against the storm when it clicked? Give the boys a few weeks to get comfortable and watch us go.

Stick with it people, it'll come
Des has set us back years Pay will need time to fix the team .

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now pay is under the radar lol.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I can't believe people are saying on roster out team should make the 8. Really lol?

Storm
Roosters
Cowboys
Parra
Sharks
Dragons
Warriors
Panthers
Manly
Broncos

All have better squads that are fighting for the 8

We are competing with the likes of the tigers (a lot more balanced), knights, titans, rabbitohs and raiders for the minor places.

Our team is so unbalanced it's not funny. We have a weak backline. Foran has no partner. Other than ram and woods our forwards lack any aggression and our bench has no impact.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But at least we aren't as bad as Parra!
Ah but not as shitter as the Eels! See some positivity!
Perhaps - but I was more referencing the fact that the Tigers have beaten the same two teams who beat us, and those who made excuses that "they were 1 and 2 last year". Tigers clearly gave zero fucks to that.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Since 2007 teams with best defense won the comp 6 times and 3 teams with second best defense 3 times.Only the Cows in 2015 and Sharks in 2016 were the exception, mainly due to some late critical wins, good ball management and exceptional attack with tons of strike power.Whilst it's pleasing to see sweeping movements along the line, better structured attack and line breaks you need to build on a good defensive foundation to win the comp and/or even do well.Unfortunately Hasler only got half the job done as he refused to structure our attack to break down evolved defenses.And to quote Brian Smith and Ian Schubert who were sport teachers and our coaches at James Cook Boys High Kogarah back in 1974/75/76 "Defend like your life depended on it, break their heart and they will open up like a whore".Admittedly the 10 meter rule changed football but remember Warren Ryan's Bulldogs (1984/87) now they were the true "DOGS of WAR".

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perhaps - but I was more referencing the fact that the Tigers have beaten the same two teams who beat us, and those who made excuses that "they were 1 and 2 last year". Tigers clearly gave zero fucks to that.
Tigers have done well.....but I am wondering if they can maintain the rage for the next 23 games. Tigers keep turning up in defence and have only conceded two tries I think......Bunji has been great for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.