Centre/wingers for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Apart from taking a few bombs he hasn't done anything in the first two weeks. BMoz is getting more metres than him from DH and so is Hoppa. He's just a bigger version of Steve Turner at the moment. If he doesn't up his game then I think first Olive but later on Bergamin will come into the equation.
The moz bros won't be around forever and hoppa, well the jury is still out on how he adapts to his new role which i thought he'd fit like a sock.. time will tell.
Montoya, i agree confident under the high ball and i recall last year he did return the ball alot stronger could be wrong.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The moz bros won't be around forever and hoppa, well the jury is still out on how he adapts to his new role which i thought he'd fit like a sock.. time will tell.
Montoya, i agree confident under the high ball and i recall last year he did return the ball alot stronger could be wrong.
Yep. The Mozzes will probably finish with us this year. Hoppa is going better than most on here seem to think. He's not Jimmy the Jet, but neither is he Tim Winitana. He's still adapting to a new role and he does look quicker. To be fair, I suppose Montoya and Hoppa have to get used to each other and Montoya has to rely on the inside blokes to get the ball in attack, but I agree with you he doesn't seem to be making enough metres coming out of the red zone. Look at Fingerson last night. He killed us every set. JAC and SV did the same last week. BMoz was much better this week but Montoya is struggling for mine.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. The Mozzes will probably finish with us this year. Hoppa is going better than most on here seem to think. He's not Jimmy the Jet, but neither is he Tim Winitana. He's still adapting to a new role and he does look quicker. To be fair, I suppose Montoya and Hoppa have to get used to each other and Montoya has to rely on the inside blokes to get the ball in attack, but I agree with you he doesn't seem to be making enough metres coming out of the red zone. Look at Fingerson last night. He killed us every set. JAC and SV did the same last week. BMoz was much better this week but Montoya is struggling for mine.
I agree with you on all points, how the fk does that happen.. guess were only human aye haha.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have made a play for Latrell Mitchell.
We had our window of opportunity for Latrell Mitchell, Cameron Munster & Connor Watson but thankfully Cleal & Hasler didn’t see the talent every other scout/coach saw.
Mitchell will never come to our Club after theway he was treated ....& let’s us know it every time he plays against us!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No one has mentioned Richie Kennar. Why the hell did we let him go?? He is a weapon for Souths so far!
I was really looking forward to seeing him in the FG squad
Because he was injury prone.
Missed off season through injury, came back and played NSW Cup Round 1, got injured, and was then out till round 8. Had defensive issues too.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because he was injury prone.
Missed off season through injury, came back and played NSW Cup Round 1, got injured, and was then out till round 8. Had defensive issues too.
Somebody should send Dean Pay to get a video of Manly versus Parra this afternoon. Half time score Manly 30 Parra 0
The whole team should see how keeping the ball alive and going forward like Manly are is how to beat most teams!

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will have to pay massive overs for anyone of note so im lowering my expectations and not expecting anything much

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bring back Corey ‘shorty’ Thompson! Such underrated player.
Bloody @Tacky 's Tigers got their paws on him and he's killing it! I think we've forever lost Tubs.

Not sure about depth, but someone like Bergamin/Anderson/Carr/Cerruto might step up in the future for a spot.

Also young brothers Compton and Iverson Fuatimau, and Logan Dillon are ones to watch comeing through from younger grades in future.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One guy who may be worth a shot at centre is Asipele Fine. He isnt quite big enough to be a back rower but he can tackle and is fairly quick.
He would be similar to Farrar and Mortimer. And he has played a bit of centre.

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
we need a fresh start....Eastwood, both morris brothers, tolman, hopoate and frawley need to go.... our options are already being reduced, latrell Mitchell, Curtis scott, Joseph many and Jessi ramien who I feel would have been awesome are now off the market..... I know you can't get them all but I would be looking at tevita pangai, Jason bukuya, Ricky leutele who is fast and attacking, Dylan walker although I'm not sure he's even off contract,felise kaufusi,ken maumalo,Antonio winterstein, suai matagi and Braden burns.... let's face it we don't have any pace ATM and will struggle to score long range tries

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lets start a GoFundMe campaign to buy Warren McDonnell a ticket to Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, PNG, and NZ.

Head of Recruitment should be out there recruiting!

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That Marsters kid from the Tigers looks very promising.

Watching the Knights this evening and Sione Matautia was back in the centres and looked lean and mean. Rag dolled Rapana a couple of times which is really rare.

According to zero tackle players off contract this year are Fingerson, Marsters, Sione Matautia, Ken Maumalo. Would be good to nab a couple.

First 2 signings i would be making are a hooker and a backrower.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Marsters kid from the Tigers looks very promising.

Watching the Knights this evening and Sione Matautia was back in the centres and looked lean and mean. Rag dolled Rapana a couple of times which is really rare.

According to zero tackle players off contract this year are Fingerson, Marsters, Sione Matautia, Ken Maumalo. Would be good to nab a couple.

First 2 signings i would be making are a hooker and a backrower.
What ever happened to the Matautia boys? We were meant to have signed them a couple of yrs ago then never heard anything else about it?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What ever happened to the Matautia boys? We were meant to have signed them a couple of yrs ago then never heard anything else about it?
The 3 brothers signed one of those letters of intent with the Bulldogs that they wanted to sign a deal with us which was going to be for 4 years. Giddley found out and cracked a fat about it saying the brothers told him they wanted to stay at Newcastle. They had until a certain time to sign with Newcastle before they would have to sign with the Dogs. They then ened up re-signing with Newcastle and that was that.

Status
Not open for further replies.