Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even Brad Arthur is struggling... as Parra losing by a near record score.. currently 48 - 0

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree with an earier comment that Des stayef a Season or 2 too long. Des actually had some success in his early years just 2 wins away from massive glory. But in his final years, DESBALL was awful and it looks like it has left long term lasting scars...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I hate to say i told you so but i warned you about Pay.
He was the worst defensive coach at both the Eels and raiders in decades and the bloke is not the sharpest tool in the shed i can promise you that, that he is a 1st grade coach is very worrying.
You blokes will be calling for this dopes head within the month and youll be calling for Forans head not much later.
You spoke too soon. Looks like Parra’s worst defensive coach is definitely still at the club judging by the shit your lot dished up today :p

Last edited:

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first half dozen games of every season are always all over the shop. Stay patient.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A very hard game against the storm in which we didn't do to bad then the flight back to Sydney hasn't helped our preparations, plus the rotters had it much easier against the tigers, it was always going to be a very hard game so I'm surprised we didn't lose by more, lets not panic.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
So after 2 games against the reigning premiers and premiership favourites along with a team where he had no say in the roster, you come to this conclusion?

With your mentality there would be no qualified tradesmen in the workforce as they would of all got the ass on there second day of their first year apprenticeships
aahah I am taking the piss and doing what most people do on the kennel which is jump the gun. Crucify someone for an error the
So after 2 games against the reigning premiers and premiership favourites along with a team where he had no say in the roster, you come to this conclusion?

With your mentality there would be no qualified tradesmen in the workforce as they would of all got the ass on there second day of their first year apprenticeships
Ok I admit I jumped the gun. But this is elite sport which a result driven, there is no time for this workforce tradesman "give him a year or two he will come good" comparison thing you mentioned. At least get the boys digging in and trying like the Tigers did last year when Cleary took over.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There is a huge attitude problem. And sadly the problem seems to be mainly in the senior group.
There is also the problem of not having a lot of quality players. That will take time to fix.
This year was always about rebuilding from the chaos of previous years. I say just sit quietly and let things happen.

ToughDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can't believe we didn't go for jim dymock
he was the best available and had shown enough promise

jamesb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Got to give Dean more time, the squad still has bad habits from the Des era, they just aren't playing footy and still look too structured and lost when they are in "good ball" area. The the second phase play and support play with players pushing up is limited and I think a hangover from the Des days, you cant blame Dean for the bad one on one misses that have lead to breaks and trys either - Jackson has had an absolute shocker in this department and he was a solid defender so I dont know whats happened to him.

Foran and Mbye at the back will start to influence how we play footy as well as Woods' second phase play we just need time to put it together and a bit more pace in the three quarter line.

playon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hearing Jack Bird was promised five-eighth and didn’t get it obviously so he’s not happy. Also heard his manager is shopping him around and Knights are favourites. This is because Anthony Milford was going to be a 7 and Nikorima a bench utility and that has not happened.

• Corey Oates is still a 50-50% of going to Storm or Rabbits
• Robbie Farahs deal to Canberra looks dead in the water
• Adam Douehi and Tyrell Fuimaono look set to stay to 2020

Rabbitohs have put contract negotiations on hold with Josh Papalli and Felise Kaufusi until Angus Chrichtons deal with the Roosters is 100% . Secretly Angus is hoping the deal falls through so he can stay.

Corey Norman and a Junior Paulo player swap is looking increasing likely. Paul Kent reported Jack Wighton could get the sack and that means Corey Norman can be a fullback.

It has also been reported James Tedesco hasn’t quite fitted in to the Roosters culture. It is also understood he doesn’t like the “tight ship” that the Roosters is.

Taane Milne has been sacked by the Wests Tigers after testing positive to a illicit drug substance.

The Aiden Tolman deal to Cronulla is off. Bulldogs have joined the race for Junior Paulo.

No source just taken off social media. let's hope the Bird rumor is also true & happens this year so Knights can release Cogger to us pre June 30.

I'm not sure how I feel about this Paulo rumour I like him he's a good player just not sure he's what we need atm. Ideally if we going to sign a forward we need a gun Lock. Unless of-course Pay plans to move Klemmer back there.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign norman for 2019. Tell him to suck it up and play the year out with parra because we havent got the cash for this year. Foran and norman would be perfect and blood cogger off the bench....
With bugger all 1st grade experience, we cant put cogger starting half if we want to be a real threat

Status
Not open for further replies.