Professor Stephen Hawking - passes away aged 76

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sad loss..endured a lot with MND..an extremely debilitating condition..although his body was broken..his mind remained strong.. RIP..

It’s a pity this thread has turned into a question of a validation of beliefs of either side..I know what side I am firmly on..but I neither have the time or care factor to debate its merits..all I know is..a guy with a pretty much f$&ked up body was able to last 57 years beyond his used by date..yet still contributed greatly to our understanding of what’s ‘out there’..

Just take a step back and think about it..not what his ‘beliefs’ were..but his ability to continue..to endure.. on in life when you can do f$&k all except look on.. He would’ve felt the stiffness of his body..the enemas going up his backside..fingers inserted in his arse..every single day..and the most pain of all..watching others do stuff..even as simple as doing up your shoelaces..shit man he couldn’t even talk..

Yet through it all..daily he got lifted up..got on the commode..toileted..washed..dressed..and strapped into a wheelchair..than got out and shared his thoughts with others so that they may find a better understanding of things..

F&@k we may not of known him..nor agreed with his conclusions of the universe..but as humans being we should at least be able to appreciate and admire his drive..his tenacity..his amazing ability to last and fight..and still make a wonderful..positive..contribution to this world That’s what really should be celebrated..his courage..because I’m sure it’s inspired many..for I can tell you..it’s inspired me..
What more can be said! That's brilliant

The underlying message here I think is he chose to be positive and not fall into a deep depression which is significant because depression is generally treated as a disease but choice is not a disease.

Id say depression has a close relationship with expectation.

NickT

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are we going to let him go to heaven or are we going to chop his head off and freeze it until science can thaw and sew onto a new body?
Just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.