Worst start in 47 years bulldogs under fire after horror start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In 2000 it was a much worse start we lost to the Raiders and Panthers without scoring a try. We have played two premiership contenders with a lot of new combos and it’s going to take time. The Roosters game was always going to be tough on the back of the short turn around even the Storm looked flat last night.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We performed a lot better last year against those teams while we got towelled up this yr. Considering we finished 11th last yr...things not looking good. We are the worst team in the comp atm.
Early season form means nothing.
Right now the tigers are the best team in the comp, but do you think they’re going to be minor premiers ?
Every season the media circle jerk some newcomer, that falls in a heap. Last year it was the dragons.
So long as I see pay making changes and trying to find the right combinations, I’m happy to wait.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What a stupid story. So what? We played the top 2 teams, and werent up to it, as expected. As usual, the forum over-reacts to something, and the media jump on it like a $2 hooker
Someone said it well when he/she referred to the doomsayers on this site as drama queens.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We performed a lot better last year against those teams while we got towelled up this yr. Considering we finished 11th last yr...things not looking good. We are the worst team in the comp atm.
Without question we are the worst team in the NRL on current form.
When defence is as poor as ours that is a given.
First priority is to get the team committed in defence, my god look how west tigers have two massive wins in games against Roosters & Storm off the back of defence.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Early season form means nothing.
Right now the tigers are the best team in the comp, but do you think they’re going to be minor premiers ?
Every season the media circle jerk some newcomer, that falls in a heap. Last year it was the dragons.
So long as I see pay making changes and trying to find the right combinations, I’m happy to wait.
We are guna have to wait arent we. I was expecting a much better start to the year. What worries me is the poor attitude

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Without question we are the worst team in the NRL on current form.
When defence is as poor as ours that is a given.
First priority is to get the team committed in defence, my god look how west tigers have two massive wins in games against Roosters & Storm off the back of defence.
Id rather a strong defensive unit to start the yr. Tigers are a perfect example..their attack is below par but they have passion for the jumper

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer has to start from the bench. He can still churn out as many minutes. Dogs need impact & he can provide it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Klemmer has to start from the bench. He can still churn out as many minutes. Dogs need impact & he can provide it.
Nope. He just needs to play better like everyone else in the squad. Bench is for the benchies, none of them should be required to play big minutes. Pay just needs to pick a better bench and potentially shift Jackson to lock.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 2000 it was a much worse start we lost to the Raiders and Panthers without scoring a try. We have played two premiership contenders with a lot of new combos and it’s going to take time. The Roosters game was always going to be tough on the back of the short turn around even the Storm looked flat last night.
Bro cmon. That’s no excuse.

We are defensively poor now and it’s even fucking weirder cause pay is a defensive coach isn’t he?

I grew to hate des and hoped for jimmy d, but the board opted for pay. Let’s hope he didn’t fuck it up cause we have the cattle, it just seems like poor choices are killing us.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone just relax. The losses aren't that bad. We've lost to last year's premiers and this year's favourites. Tough draw.
Oh hang on, Tigers played them too and beat both of them..sorry delete

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Bro cmon. That’s no excuse.

We are defensively poor now and it’s even fucking weirder cause pay is a defensive coach isn’t he?

I grew to hate des and hoped for jimmy d, but the board opted for pay. Let’s hope he didn’t fuck it up cause we have the cattle, it just seems like poor choices are killing us.
Pay was the Raiders defensive coach, just look at their edge defence lol.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Nope. He just needs to play better like everyone else in the squad. Bench is for the benchies, none of them should be required to play big minutes. Pay just needs to pick a better bench and potentially shift Jackson to lock.
Jackson would be a great Lock I have always thought, but who could potentially fill in at 2nd row.
We had the same problem last year with the thought of moving Jacko to 13. Who would be most effective on the edge if we take Jacko away?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Jackson would be a great Lock I have always thought, but who could potentially fill in at 2nd row.
We had the same problem last year with the thought of moving Jacko to 13. Who would be most effective on the edge if we take Jacko away?
Yh i have wanted Jackson at lock for a while, his performance there during SOO was huge. Martin, Fine...Capewell if we can get a player swap with the Sharks for Tolman lol. Just give someone a crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.