Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't matter who coached us in 2018/19 the fact is we are going to have to endure a lot of losses. The roster is one of the worst dogs rosters I have ever seen. Our juniors are the worst I have ever seen. Dud Des and Cleal arse fucked us so hard and Pay has to pick up the pieces. We have no edge 2nd rowers at the club at all. Our hooker's service is so slow at the ruck the defense hits our 1st receiver when he gets the ball. Mbye is a never ending experiment X on $800k a year ..... $800K A YEAR...at best he performs like a young rookie who you would pay $150k a year. Foran is going to the line but no one pushes up....our team has the mentality of 17 props....and lets not shame players like Matt Scott...our 17 props are complete fucking duds. Elliott, Tolman, Fualalo, Eastwood & Lichaa need to be flushed asap and Mbye's salary needs to be dropped significantly.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Brian Smith is at the Warriors now. Got appointed to some head role position late last year.
The Warriors are now 2 from 2.
In my opinion he is good for a rebuild of a playing roster and should never be at a club for more then 2 years.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay has to have more time but there had better be an improvement in defence against the panthers because right or wrong the court of public opinion will start really calling for his head.We missed a real opportunity with Cleary

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's hard to say. I would say that it's too early in the season to judge and it could take time, but then again Ivan Cleary managed to turn the Tigers from a completely rubbish team into a solid squad. If you've watched them in the first two games you'll see how their discipline and tactics are well above anything we've produced so far.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Dymock in 2011 turned a non performing team around in the space of 1 week... i get what your saying but the attitude of the players from what they have shown in the first 2 games is not acceptable. They simply are not having a proper crack
Again, comments like these while they have an element of truth in them are not the full story. Yes JD did get a crack for what 7 weeks and yes we did win a few games after having a shocking season, but its not like he went out and found a different side. All he did was drop JMoz for a game and tell them to go out and have a crack. Not too dissimilar to what happened last year except Des didn't actually get sacked.

Pay is changing the way we play, the positions players are in and the combinations in both attack and defence. That is a totally different process to letting an existing team just go out and have fun with no pressure on them as the season was already over. Just have to give it time.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Again, comments like these while they have an element of truth in them are not the full story. Yes JD did get a crack for what 7 weeks and yes we did win a few games after having a shocking season, but its not like he went out and found a different side. All he did was drop JMoz for a game and tell them to go out and have a crack. Not too dissimilar to what happened last year except Des didn't actually get sacked.

Pay is changing the way we play, the positions players are in and the combinations in both attack and defence. That is a totally different process to letting an existing team just go out and have fun with no pressure on them as the season was already over. Just have to give it time.
Why are some fans very inpatient? Rome wasn't built in a day.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hate to say it but dean pay could be out of his depth as head coach.

Usually a change springs together some early success but we have the worst defense in the nrl.. these players know how to defend but their systems and attitude isnt right.

What about the aggressive dogs of war style that is promised. Ive seen nothing, instead its turnstyle arm grabbing defense.

Sure des hasler stunted our attack but you could never accuse him of having shabby defense.

Is dean pay out of his depth?

I say we urgently bring in brian smith to be director of coaching and demote dean pay to apprentice coach. In a few years time he can get his start.

SOS to brian smith
2 weeks drama queen. Smith - that comment must be a gee up. Pay has inherited this team. They are playing a new style. It takes time. We were never going to be rising to great heights in 2018.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Modern world unfortunately. Life is just a computer game - you get it right and go to the next level - you get it wrong push the reset and try something different. No building, no perseverance, no bruises. Just toss it out and do something different.

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Rookie coach some new players, new combos and a bunch of old players who are way past it,
This is not Deano'team, will not be judging on a team someone else assembled.
Our recruitment and retention from here on though is his and this currents boards responsibility, They need to get rid of Haslers crap and build a team around Foran , Mbye, Klemmer and Woods,
This year is a rebuilding year for the club

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I really didn't expect much this season...but i didn't expect this. We look unfit, defensively we're a mess and attitude is poor with the exception if a few players.

Our defence was never a major issue, other than us lacking line speed at times we were fairly good. Pay has decided to overhaul our defensive systems and now we look like fucking Raiders trying to defend.

Pay's selection and use of the bench is also horrific at this stage, bloke either doesn't know what he wants to do or he just doesn't have a clue. Either way there is no real clear plan there and the selections are puzzling.

These things are huge concerns that i just didn't expect to be issues at this stage. The negatives just far outweigh the little positives at this stage. Hopefully it's all just match fitness and we click as the season goes on...i just have my doubts.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to hit rock bottom bring in Smith. Deadset that pot hole would send us all to north head.

Watching replay of tigers storm game.... i think the answer has passed us by.. Cleary has the whole team including benji aiming up. He got rid of all the hero's and replaced them with hard bastards...

I hope im wrong but we could be in for a long season fellas. Dogs or war to the pussys of the paddock
I was thinking the same thing apparently he wanted the job we were too slow would ha e been great

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair I think if we are honest our bench rotation might be lacking but it’s more to the fact it’s shit options.

Hopefully pay throws the pay packet out the window, pick tualau, To’omaga, fine, Ogden and pay as much as needed of the 2018 contract to see tolman gone elsewhere so we can spend his 2019 and on deal to work on our roster.

Elliott is in that list too. Not showing anything except one big hit in 2 games

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This Panthers game is huge in the context of our season and it's a bit of a test for Pay.

He's got a full 7 day turn around and its a home game so he can change a few things and hopefully rattle a few cages with a full week of uninterrupted preparation.

The Storm game was promising but the Roosters game was a step back I'm expecting a reaction in a good way.

We just need a win to get some confidence back losing becomes a habit very quickly and with our draw coming up if we don't win one of the next 3 we could be 0-10........

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is why 40 minutes of trial was never going to work

Pay has completely overhauled the attack and defence structures, add few new players, complete new spine and you would think the best way to get the plan working is to play at least 3 full trials

If he does not bring in at least if not all of Tualau, Ogden, Toomaga then he’s just as stubborn as Des

Cop the tip Elliott, Tolman are not worth persisting with this season

I would also bring Brown up for JMK (give JMK more quality time in reserve grade)

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why 40 minutes of trial was never going to work

Pay has completely overhauled the attack and defence structures, add few new players, complete new spine and you would think the best way to get the plan working is to play at least 3 full trials
But but but the players ran a lot at training or something?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuses after excuses after fucking excuses. Dean Pay and players need to get there heads out of there fucking arses and fix this fucking mess.

Last year its Des fault. Already this year excuses are we dont have the roster, its a new coach, new playing style it takes time blah blah blah blah blah. All rubbish excuses. Just fix the fucking mess.

Last year def was good this year its shit. Last year attack is shit this year its ok. When will this team get the balance right.

No more fucking excuses we have the roster to win games and do well. We have 3 current SOO fowards another gun edge backrower in RFM. 3 former SOS outside backs in Hoppa and the Morris twins who are very experienced. A superstar hb in Foran a very speedly and skillfull fb in Mbye. Lichaa from hooker is great and should be playing 80 mintues.

Admittedly the bench isnt the best but can be fixed by adding 2 of either Orgden, Taulau or Renouf.

The players lack desire, enthusiasm and the will to win. Thats our biggest issue. The roster is not why we lack line speed in def or kick the fucking ball on a full straight to opponents fb or wingers on every kick, playing stlye is not the reason why our def is pathetic. Our def is all of sudden A grade level its embrassing. The players need a real kick in the arse. While its the coaching staffs job to motivate the players, come up with a gameplan to beat the opposition e.g tigers while the players need to excute that gameplan. What was our gameplan against the roosters? Was it to make sure to kick striaght to Tedesco on a full so we dont give away a 7 tackle set. No gameplan at all it seems. Players are just going through the motions.

No more fucking excuses. Dean Pay needs to come up with a gameplan to beat the opposition. Players need to execute that gameplan, show pride in the jersey, be enthusiastic and a desire to win. NO MORE FUCKING EXCUSES.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This year was always going to be a write off as it is a rebuilding year with plenty of duds that need to be pissed off next year.
Exactly guys, give him some time, so far we play 2 teams, worth 20 mil each, but some how, they still got space under the cap

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to give pay this season and possibly the following season then if no good we should throw the kitchen sink and ivan and nathan cleary

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuses after excuses after fucking excuses. Dean Pay and players need to get there heads out of there fucking arses and fix this fucking mess.

Last year its Des fault. Already this year excuses are we dont have the roster, its a new coach, new playing style it takes time blah blah blah blah blah. All rubbish excuses. Just fix the fucking mess.

Last year def was good this year its shit. Last year attack is shit this year its ok. When will this team get the balance right.

No more fucking excuses we have the roster to win games and do well. We have 3 current SOO fowards another gun edge backrower in RFM. 3 former SOS outside backs in Hoppa and the Morris twins who are very experienced. A superstar hb in Foran a very speedly and skillfull fb in Mbye. Lichaa from hooker is great and should be playing 80 mintues.

Admittedly the bench isnt the best but can be fixed by adding 2 of either Orgden, Taulau or Renouf.

The players lack desire, enthusiasm and the will to win. Thats our biggest issue. The roster is not why we lack line speed in def or kick the fucking ball on a full straight to opponents fb or wingers on every kick, playing stlye is not the reason why our def is pathetic. Our def is all of sudden A grade level its embrassing. The players need a real kick in the arse. While its the coaching staffs job to motivate the players, come up with a gameplan to beat the opposition e.g tigers while the players need to excute that gameplan. What was our gameplan against the roosters? Was it to make sure to kick striaght to Tedesco on a full so we dont give away a 7 tackle set. No gameplan at all it seems. Players are just going through the motions.

No more fucking excuses. Dean Pay needs to come up with a gameplan to beat the opposition. Players need to execute that gameplan, show pride in the jersey, be enthusiastic and a desire to win. NO MORE FUCKING EXCUSES.
Amen

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2 fucking games people against 2 teams with double the cap.

Fucking relax and give him a chance. You were all on your knees for the fraud.

I'm not saying Pay was the best option, but give him a chance first. We have a lot of cats in our Dogs team thanks to the fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.