Time to blood fresh players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Tolman is not an impact but Clem def is.. we should have never let James Graham go for Woods..
True. We played much better when Klem was coming off the bench. Can't do that now so we need to find a good young'un to give us firepower. Okunbar - maybe. Not sure about him still. To'omaga - better option, Martin - goes OK but is he an impact player? Tualau - I like him but he doesn't seem to be firing in the reggies at the moment. Priest and Burr might be options but they are more like workers than impact players.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley plays wayyyy before the line
Whereas Foran drives all the way in and isn’t scared to wear a shot

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our forwards completely screwed us yesterday.

Tolman and Elliot are definites to get rid of.

Jackson and klemmer need a rocket up their arses, klemmer especially with a threat of benching him.

Tualau is a must x 1000000!

Tualau shits all over tolman and Elliot and I'm amazed that he's still behind those two powder puff duds

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Jackson and klemmer need a rocket up their arses, klemmer especially with a threat of benching him.

Tualau shits all over tolman and Elliot and I'm amazed that he's still behind those two powder puff duds
Klemm ran for 164m off about 20 runs and made 22 tackles. Not exactly the worst stats I've seen. Certainly better than Graham has done in the past 3 years and apart from Napa who made that one long run he ran for more metres than any forward on the paddock. Jackson made 39 tackles and over 100m with the ball and scored a try. I don't think those two were the reason why we didn't win. If you watched the reggies today then you would know that Tualau isn't doing much in SECOND grade. I'd be happy for him to replace Tolman but that would be it. To'omaga could replace Elliott but he would need to improve his D.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemm ran for 164m off about 20 runs and made 22 tackles. Not exactly the worst stats I've seen. Certainly better than Graham has done in the past 3 years and apart from Napa who made that one long run he ran for more metres than any forward on the paddock. Jackson made 39 tackles and over 100m with the ball and scored a try. I don't think those two were the reason why we didn't win. If you watched the reggies today then you would know that Tualau isn't doing much in SECOND grade. I'd be happy for him to replace Tolman but that would be it. To'omaga could replace Elliott but he would need to improve his D.
Mate stats don't mean shit.

Woods was more effective in stopping post contact metres in tackles. Klemmer dissappointed me in that department. Yes his tackle count may have been high but how dominant he was in those tackles wasn't up to scratch

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate stats don't mean shit.

Woods was more effective in stopping post contact metres in tackles. Klemmer dissappointed me in that department. Yes his tackle count may have been high but how dominant he was in those tackles wasn't up to scratch
Stats don't matter when it doesn't suit ones argument. Pay is fiddling with the interchange with Woods and Klemmer. Last week Woods went off early, this week Klemm. he is obviously aware that he has no-one on the bench that can do their jobs when they are resting and it is an obvious concern. I think both of them are doing a good job. They were both miles ahead of JWH and TKO. Napa had one of his on days, but that will be it for him for the rest of the season. Our blokes will keep punching it out every week. What they need is support in the middle. Maybe Priest when he is fit. I like Tualau but he needs to be more involved in the reggies to show he is good to go. Problem is we lost 2 props last year (and 1 the year before) and only got one back so we are at least two big bodies short. I think they have been trying to adapt Renouf but he really is more of a backrower.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

There's no reason not to promote Tualau. Good off the bench last year, good in the trials, no idea why he wasn't in the 17 to begin with. Fast, strong, footwork...exactly what we need off the bench.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bra Eastwood put it all over Tualau today in ISP which speaks volumes.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My team for the Panthers.

My biggest concern is what appears to be a big issue. Pay doesn’t seem to have a grasp of game management when it comes to substitutions. Both with selection or when to use who.

8. Woods
9. Licha
10. Fualalo
11. To’omaga
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Klemmer
16. Tualau
17. Okunbar

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

My biggest concern is what appears to be a big issue. Pay doesn’t seem to have a grasp of game management when it comes to substitutions. Both with selection or when to use who.

8. Woods
9. Licha
10. Fualalo
11. To’omaga
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Klemmer
16. Tualau
17. Okunbar
Youre dropping the NSW & Kangaroo starting front rower for a 20 min player?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bra Eastwood put it all over Tualau today in ISP which speaks volumes.
Mate there's a possibility that some players switch on more in first grade. To this date whenever tualau has played first grade he's never let us down. The kid deserves a chance especially when he's probably the only bench forward who can give us what we need

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youre dropping the NSW & Kangaroo starting front rower for a 20 min player?
Yes!

He comes on after 20 and plays the rest of the game. For the benefit of the team we need impact off the bench.

He plays for NSW Australia sure. The players in those squads have top players coming on to replace them. Unfortunately we don’t have that luxury.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate there's a possibility that some players switch on more in first grade. To this date whenever tualau has played first grade he's never let us down. The kid deserves a chance especially when he's probably the only bench forward who can give us what we need
Lol I'm only trying to get under your skin.. Your right he was good when he played and he should be higher up the pecking order considering he already has NRL experience.

There is still one more thing Pay hasn't tried though and your not going to like it. I think its worth a shot before dumping Tolman though only because it should give us the power off the bench we need even though it may slow us down in the middle. Tolman is no benchy, we all know that now so Tolman to start at lock and bring in Tualau, Fualalo and Elliot in return for the starters.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Drop....
Hoppa for olive
Frawley for nu brown

Bench could work with
Taulau
Tolman
Ogden
Jmk

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Drop Adam idiot out of team...allowing fualalo to start

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score

8. Woods
9. Licha
10. Fualalo
11. To’omaga
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Brown
15. Klemmer
16. Tualau
17. Okunbar
This line up looks alright to me. We may need to split woods and klemmer for now to give these young forwards some responsibility...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hoppa ain’t getting dropped lets be honest

Olive for Montoya

Chippytaka

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gee there are a lot of blokes with short memories and no idea about football. We haven’t been at our best but we’ve been 10 x a more enjoyable side to watch in he opening rounds than we were in the last 2 years. Give the side time to gel rather than dropping everyone after 2 losses to the heavyweights of the competition

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d like to see olive have a run , Montoya is trying hard but is too small for impact , they need more time to click I still have hope , particularly after watching the tigers last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.