Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope so..
He didn't seem confident in how he expressed himself in the presser, that could say a million things.

He still has my full support regardless of results.

Waaay too early to bag him like some pelicans have been, i never would he'll always have my respect.
2 extremely tough games for a rookie coach and a newly formed side. In Steve Folkes first yr we just scrapped into the finals with an average squad and didn't hit our straps until rnd 21 after a very inconsistent yr. Some how we made the GF lol good days.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
They talked about this on triple m at half time yesterday. They were like would Pay be giving them a housing down ? then they were like would he risk doing that game and a half into his career and risk losing the dressing room. I say go fucking hard and spray em as half the team should be moved on anyways...
Fk that go hard on him - be real! but show em love when awsel.
He's obviously uncomfortable whichever way u look at it.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When ur wasting 800k a yr on Eastwood that's a lot of coin! Let pay do what his doing and build his team! He will get rid of the deadwood and build his team! Judge him later, not after 2 rounds to the premiership favourites....

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
When ur wasting 800k a yr on Eastwood that's a lot of coin! Let pay do what his doing and build his team! He will get rid of the deadwood and build his team! Judge him later, not after 2 rounds to the premiership favourites....
100%

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Pay wants the Dogs of War but it's not possible with a bunch of cats in the side.
I think youre onto somethıng...

Thınk about ıt.. Both games weve played, have we had a player that has actually got stuck into his team mates? like revved the c**ts up?
No. Because ol mate des refused any player that would questıon him, in turn he recruited all queitly spoken/softies with a "smile" no disrespect to the those good guys BUT.

Ffs this is a major problem we have in the team after having a moment soaking in your post, dıckheads aint the answer but players with mongrel and pure passion for the game and the will to win make all the difference.

Can someone name 1 player in our squad that has some "craziness" about hım apart from Foran which i know he has deep down and will show soon enough and plz dont mention fkn Klem (so dissappointed in what hes become).
I knew and worked with Clay Priest from a while, hes got it but yet to play.

1 player comes to mind - @KLil - i think is his biggest fan from memory, but is down the pecking order.. if he is anything like his uncle than our team and deano is in desperate need of a player of his calıbre and would form a tough and lethal halves combo.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think youre onto somethıng...

Thınk about ıt.. Both games weve played, have we had a player that has actually got stuck into his team mates? like revved the c**ts up?
No. Because ol mate des refused any player that would questıon him, in turn he recruited all queitly spoken/softies with a "smile" no disrespect to the those good guys BUT.

Ffs this is a major problem we have in the team after having a moment soaking in your post, dıckheads aint the answer but players with mongrel and pure passion for the game and the will to win make all the difference.

Can someone name 1 player in our squad that has some "craziness" about hım apart from Foran which i know he has deep down and will show soon enough and plz dont mention fkn Klem (so dissappointed in what hes become).
I knew and worked with Clay Priest from a while, hes got it but yet to play.

1 player comes to mind - @KLil - i think is his biggest fan from memory, but is down the pecking order.. if he is anything like his uncle than our team and deano is in desperate need of a player of his calıbre and would form a tough and lethal halves combo.
Reading this I was just thinking would we have this problem u speak of if we still had Tapau and Finucane??

Anyways LEWIS is a GENUINE FOOTBALLER! Kid runs across field to congratulate, motivate or rev up team mates making 2 or 3 tackles along the way. Something we definitely lost with Reynolds.

In saying that I just watched Coggar play, kid can play... very calm professional ( very cronk like ) and his size is no issue, I can see why pay likes him.

I tells ya it would be a bright future if we can get these 2 kids running the team around in the future which is more reason why we need to stop fukn round with Frawkey and get him next to Foran asap.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We should have signed Cleary when he was available, said it at the time.
His penrith tenure was riddled with his squad filled with injuries. There wasn't much he could do there because of injuries and yet everyone blamed him.

Meanwhile des maintains most of his 17 and the media sticks up for him

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We should have signed Cleary when he was available, said it at the time.
Easssyyy... How do we not know there balloon is about to pop and ours is just starting to inflate?

And you out of all people really, Isn't Cleary the one who paid 900k for your beloved Reynolds?? And doesn't his coaching philosophy go totally against urs?

>>>>>Passion and attitude over absolute talent! Lol

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though I like Dean Pay and the changes he has made so far, after 2 games we have shown no passion in defense at all especially when TRYS has been scored from our own half more than 3 or 4 times in 2 games! I am starting to think maybe Ivan Cleary should have been signed up instead!? Look at the Tigers 2 great gutsy grinding wins and they went from being the laughing stock of the NRL to beating 2 heavy weights at their own games!!!

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At one stage we had Ennis, Reynolds & Graham firing up all the *****.

Now we have who exactly???

Fml, Woods who has been here for about 6 months has showed more passion than some of our incumbents

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The negatives are concerning. Atrocious defence and Pays total lack of ability to manage a bench stick out. The metres we concede is also crazy.
I agree - and the team have a lot of work to do - to raise their intensity and awareness to gel so much better in A and D.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Fml, Woods who has been here for about 6 months has showed more passion than some of our incumbents
Incumbents that know they are probably leaving without any silverware?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Woods and Foran show more passion than any of our current incumbent players.
What happened to Klemmer? He use to fire up every game and now he is like choir boy.....oh wait, there is no $30K bonus at the end of the game.

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the end of the day the decision to sack Hasler should have been made earlier to allow the incoming coach a bit more time to organise their recruitment and retention!

Status
Not open for further replies.