Centre/wingers for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Izzy falou off contract, only 28, few years left but price may be out of reach, who else is off contract? Is it worth looking cross code?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol ..

IF our form does not improve over the next 2months good luck recruiting any player of note..

We will have to pay proper overs to sign anyone of note if this kaka continues

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need 4 new centres and wingers.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need 4 new centres and wingers.
You don't like the idea of throwing Hoppa in the back row and replacing him with a new centre?

We have FB
Our wingers will be Bergamin and Montoya
We just need 2 cracking centres.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You don't like the idea of throwing Hoppa in the back row and replacing him with a new centre?

We have FB
Our wingers will be Bergamin and Montoya
We just need 2 cracking centres.
Hoppa would be a terrible backrower. Where do people even come up with these stupid ideas?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Should have made a play for Latrell Mitchell.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wingers have become a vital part of the game, we don’t get enough service from ours.

I am a fan of both Montoya and BMoz, though feel as though Montoya lacks both size and pace (size will likely come in more time). He definitely is good under a high ball and that is his strength. He used to take strong ball carries out of our half, but this work rate appears to have dropped off. Hoppa ball hogging doesn’t help his cause.

I find it hard to say anything negative about BMoz, he has size and still has good pace, he probably just doesn’t get involved enough. I’d love to see him taking more runs out of dummy half.

Most wingers in other NRL teams possess size, power or speed or all three of those skills.

However, I’m going to call it as I see it, our forwards are letting the team down right now. Last night, they were only making 30-35 meters a set and failed to dominate in defence, conversely, the Roosters were making 60m+ most sets through their rolling boppers..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hoppa would be a terrible backrower. Where do people even come up with these stupid ideas?
Stupid Idea? You say it like his the first backline player to turn backrower.... lol

Why not turn him, his big enough, his tough enough, his got the stamina for it and is a smart footballer who can run a good line.... Sounds promising to me.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Agreed the morris boys and hoppa are our weakest link.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Stupid Idea? You say it like his the first backline player to turn backrower.... lol

Why not turn him, his big enough, his tough enough, his got the stamina for it and is a smart footballer who can run a good line.... Sounds promising to me.
He's not big enough and he's not tough enough. Do you even watch rugby league? This is literally the dumbest positional switch I've ever seen anyone suggest on this site.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Izzy falou off contract, only 28, few years left but price may be out of reach, who else is off contract? Is it worth looking cross code?
Fuck next year, changes need to be made this year.. Blood some young, fast hungry players out wide..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yep its the backs fault we lost ....sack em all. As usual after any loss, irrational stupidity in the forum.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not big enough and he's not tough enough. Do you even watch rugby league? This is literally the dumbest positional switch I've ever seen anyone suggest on this site.
Im only replying to say im not going to bother with you.

Chriso86

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yep its the backs fault we lost ....sack em all. As usual after any loss, irrational stupidity in the forum.
I just created the post as I feel morris bros are probs on the way out, nothing to do with the loss, I still think we will turn it round

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd persist with Montoya but he needs to put himself in the right places to be a top line winger. Does have a few things goin for him tho.
Apart from taking a few bombs he hasn't done anything in the first two weeks. BMoz is getting more metres than him from DH and so is Hoppa. He's just a bigger version of Steve Turner at the moment. If he doesn't up his game then I think first Olive but later on Bergamin will come into the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.