Can we have some perspective please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- 6 day turnaround from a massive interstate trip (thanks for that Raelene)

- New coach, new halfback

- Major change in approach from boring, percentage play to taking the game on

Things take time to click, let's have some patience and back the boys. Remember how good it looked against the storm when it clicked? Give the boys a few weeks to get comfortable and watch us go.

Stick with it people, it'll come

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
i Haven’t given up yet and never will I’m still optimistic and think will go a long way in this competition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't have massive hopes for this season, but there are some extremely concerning signs. Our defence is the worst it has been in years and Pay looks out of his depth atm. We looked totally unfit and lacking in intensity and Pay's bench and use of bench is complete garbage.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didn't have massive hopes for this season, but there are some extremely concerning signs. Our defence is the worst it has been in years and Pay looks out of his depth atm. We looked totally unfit and lacking in intensity and Pay's bench and use of bench is complete garbage.
Defence can be fixed they are first graders, but with the bench rotation I’m at a loss with what pay is doing.
The only thing I can come up with is pay is trying to see what players can handle what.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Until we can start getting rid of the players who have given bugger all for their pay packets then we can only hope to be competitive. I envy all those team's who have young talent and hope compared to us watching pig's at the trough on back ended deals giving nothing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Defence can be fixed they are first graders, but with the bench rotation I’m at a loss with what pay is doing.
The only thing I can come up with is pay is trying to see what players can handle what.
Mate the defence is REALLY concerning. We have no line speed, no real aggression and we aren't competing in the ruck. There is so much work required to get it up to standard. Pay was also the Raiders defensive coach, doesn't fill me with confidence...

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mate the defence is REALLY concerning. We have no line speed, no real aggression and we aren't competing in the ruck. There is so much work required to get it up to standard. Pay was also the Raiders defensive coach, doesn't fill me with confidence...
Surely it can be that hard to work on defence, I mean if you can teach young kids to run hard and tackle hard I’m pretty sure that first graders can do it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Surely it can be that hard to work on defence, I mean if you can teach young kids to run hard and tackle hard I’m pretty sure that fist graders can do it.
Well Pay is making it look hard lol.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defence is a gauge on the attitude and mindset of the side. I’m extremely concerned

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll give some perspective... When you are behind on the score board and you get 2 attacking scrums 20m out from the try line DO NOT I repeat DO NOT have your quickest and best attacking player locking the scrum you braindead footballers!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'll give some perspective... When you are behind on the score board and you get 2 attacking scrums 20m out from the try line DO NOT I repeat DO NOT have your quickest and best attacking player locking the scrum you braindead footballers!
Ohh that killed me lol.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here’s perspective we got pumped in consecutive weeks to open a new season

Our defence is shambolic

Our line speed non existent

Our sub rotation worst in comp

Our attack looks better but tbh lipstick on a pig.

Put it this way Foran had more run metres than our entire pack (107)

Montoya had 53m lol

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This team is full of player's who just don't have a go, their f'ing embarrassing and even though people say it's only early or they played 2 teams that could be grand finalists, or people say Pay has to put up with the players hasler picked, this is a first grade team f'ing tackle you don't need skill for that put your f'ing body on the line to stop the other team gaining metre's. I am a supporter who thought beauty Hasler is gone thing's are looking up were gonna come good even with much of the same team and having Foran, Wood's joining our team I though't great we have a hb and then 2 weeks into the season were shite, yes our attack has improved and it will take time but defence wins games and our defence is absolute shite, last week the Bronco's looked 2nd rate against saints this week they came out and showed pride and put in 100%, what does our team do after being flogged by the storm they do the exact same thing, they do f**k all as usual. The bulldogs will be the first team this year to say we can still make the finals all we need is to win our last 8 matches in a row and hope some other team loses their last 2 matches and were in the 8, this is on the players heads not Pay.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If our decoy try was disallowed why was the Roosters decoy try allowed?
We were competitive for most of the second half but that defensive lapse keeps popping up, too early to hit the panic button but I can see why the experts reckon we won't make the eight, on paper this roster should.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This team is full of player's who just don't have a go, their f'ing embarrassing and even though people say it's only early or they played 2 teams that could be grand finalists, or people say Pay has to put up with the players hasler picked, this is a first grade team f'ing tackle you don't need skill for that put your f'ing body on the line to stop the other team gaining metre's. I am a supporter who thought beauty Hasler is gone thing's are looking up were gonna come good even with much of the same team and having Foran, Wood's joining our team I though't great we have a hb and then 2 weeks into the season were shite, yes our attack has improved and it will take time but defence wins games and our defence is absolute shite, last week the Bronco's looked 2nd rate against saints this week they came out and showed pride and put in 100%, what does our team do after being flogged by the storm they do the exact same thing, they do f**k all as usual. The bulldogs will be the first team this year to say we can still make the finals all we need is to win our last 8 matches in a row and hope some other team loses their last 2 matches and were in the 8, this is on the players heads not Pay.
Hard not to disagree

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Our defence is shambolic

Montoya had 53m lol
Attack looks amazing when Foran sets his deep attacking lines, takes it to the line at pace sends it wide to Frawley who decides to stop, prop and float it out to mbye who by then has the defensive line number up on all his options.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Our defence is shambolic

Montoya had 53m lol
I don't get this, i don't understand why people are saying our pack ran so little? I mean they didn't dominate but there's some metres there. Woods, Klemmer, RFM all ran over 120m with Fualalo at 118m.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We have a heap of duds we have to get rid of thanks to SuperCoach.

BUT Pay has to learn to pick and manage an efficient bench ASAP

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Attack looks amazing when Foran sets his deep attacking lines, takes it to the line at pace sends it wide to Frawley who decides to stop, prop and float it out to mbye who by then has the defensive line number up on all his options.
Or when Tolman is standing in the way lol

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yep, individual ownership has being missing at the club for what......6 or so years now?

Status
Not open for further replies.