Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not good enough! Not one forward running for 100m. The media should be ripping into our pack this week to stand up! I thought the Morris boys were solid esp Josh.
MBye another solid game in his new position.
Montoya needs some to take more hit ups
B and J Morris already commented
Hopoate would like to see him be at depth that J Morris is
Frawley is being targeted in defence and his kicking game
Foran solid again but I saw nothing of him hitting RFM on the edge direct
Elliot rocks and diamonds
RFM was hoping for some more this week of offloads and hole runs
Jackson Trying hard but some misses in defence that are unlike him.
Klemmer A down performance. When does he ever not run for over 100m
Lichaa Was better from last week with some runs kick out on the full from kick off didn’t help
Woods Down also is he still injured? Expectations would be more metres in defence once ball is past him he stops
Fualalo ok but no impact near last week
Tolman A tough decision needs to be made. Ever since the ‘spotted in defence’ came up I think more traffic comes his way. Gets dominated every tackle
Jeremy Marshall King shows some spark but couple of errors didn’t help
Aispeli Fine would really have dented this kids confidence not getting a run.

All in all I get we are ‘work in progress’ but this was down on last week. The overturned video ref killed us and the first try was against the run of play. Yeah bad luck but the defence needs to improve! Too many shirt grabs and bad reads
Honestly the Morris' are crap. Josh can't beat a defender to save his life and gets stepped by fucking Friend. Brett runs sidesways from dh and gets monstered by forwards.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Fair enough I just think woods is the wrong type of forward for our club and I am frustrated with the lack of respect the whole fucking outfit is showing the jersey
That said I respect your opinion
Mate, he gets beyond the post contact everytıme and just about every run pops a ball, your thoughts would be dıfferent ıf we had players followın hım and breakıng the lıne and ultımately scorıng or settıng up for a try. He tackles well.. dont know why you hate the bloke fk! he even shaved hıs head lol

Jacko ıs a massıve concern. Off the top of my head ın the last 2 games he's let ın just about most trıes.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they definitely always have a preference about who wins and they can lose money
No, exactly as I explained. This is an insight for everyone. Been a bookie myself.
Canterbury's bad team and performance has zero to do with any book maker or 'match fixing' unless the Dog's players are secretly betting against themselves.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, he gets beyond the post contact everytıme and just about every run pops a ball, your thoughts would be dıfferent ıf we had players followın hım and breakıng the lıne and ultımately scorıng or settıng up for a try. He tackles well.. dont know why you hate the bloke fk! he even shaved hıs head lol

Jacko ıs a massıve concern. Off the top of my head ın the last 2 games he's let ın just about most trıes.
Yeah your right about the support play it would make a massive difference if we had players hanging off his hip.The biggest improvement on last week was woodsy s hair cut.your right about jj he is real worry Atm so is klemmer it's doing my fucking head in

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No, exactly as I explained. This is an insight for everyone. Been a bookie myself.
Canterbury's bad team and performance has zero to do with any book maker or 'match fixing' unless the Dog's players are secretly betting against themselves.
or how about if the referee has placed a wager?

ok so you are saying that everything is orderly and 1 guy lines up and places $5 on penrith and then somebody else comes in and places $5 on parramatta and the bookeeper wins either way

i dont see how they can keep the books balanced perfect enough so that they dont care about who wins, there is plenty of late money and i imagine alot of people hammering one particular outcome, so even if they make money on each bet made it would look something like 'if penrith win we make $776,000 and if parramatta win we make $550,000

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah your right about the support play it would make a massive difference if we had players hanging off his hip.The biggest improvement on last week was woodsy s hair cut.your right about jj he is real worry Atm so is klemmer it's doing my fucking head in
ım hearın ya... lıke ı saıd ın another post to early to judge, everythıng ıs new at the club, not lıke pays been around lıke bellamy for 20 yrs!

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ım hearın ya... lıke ı saıd ın another post to early to judge, everythıng ıs new at the club, not lıke pays been around lıke bellamy for 20 yrs!
Yeah but that's the point new coach fresh start two big money sighnings in woods and Foran and elvis has more signs of life than the dogs

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
or how about if the referee has placed a wager?

ok so you are saying that everything is orderly and 1 guy lines up and places $5 on penrith and then somebody else comes in and places $5 on parramatta and the bookeeper wins either way

i dont see how they can keep the books balanced perfect enough so that they dont care about who wins, there is plenty of late money and i imagine alot of people hammering one particular outcome, so even if they make money on each bet made it would look something like 'if penrith win we make $776,000 and if parramatta win we make $550,000
Yes, if a referee has a bet on anyone but the Dogs (which they seem to have every week) that is rigged. But I highly doubt it.

No, that's why odds fluctuate, get crunched or blow out. Depending on the amounts taken. Big bets also get referred to the traders and some even refused.
Particular book makers may have a preference turning over their already guaranteed profit but it would vary from every single bookmaker if they did. So I highly doubt one particular betting agency dictates the entire outcome of any NRL match, but anything is possible I guess.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Particular book makers may have a preference turning over their already guaranteed profit but it would vary from every single bookmaker if they did. So I highly doubt one particular betting agency dictates the entire outcome of any NRL match, but anything is possible I guess.
well i have a very active imagination so im thinking something like "hello referee, this is mr x from sportsbet, i want to buy a panthers win for $5k"

"sorry ive already sold this game to centrebet"

"oh ok bye" *sportsbet takes emergency measures to ensure more profit from a panthers loss*

maybe something like that with more secrecy

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
So skull crack Luke Keary, since when did gutter tactics become normal at this level?
Perfect example of went wrong, these fuckwits shit.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but that's the point new coach fresh start two big money sighnings in woods and Foran and elvis has more signs of life than the dogs
Like anything good, it takes time and patience to build.
People expectin them to play like world beaters are deluded, especially against 2 of the top 3 teams with 2 games together under thier belts.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we played shit and again watching Cowboys v Broncos we are a shadow of those teams. They will be way too fast for us. In saying that we are coming off a week where we had long travel and short turnaround. Basically no field sessions at training. We looked flat. I expect a better performance next week with a longer turn around, if not I'll start worrying. Early days but we need a win next week

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Can someone give me an honest rundown of our game tonight? Were we unlucky again or just suck arse?

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i have a very active imagination so im thinking something like "hello referee, this is mr x from sportsbet, i want to buy a panthers win for $5k"

"sorry ive already sold this game to centrebet"

"oh ok bye" *sportsbet takes emergency measures to ensure more profit from a panthers loss*

maybe something like that with more secrecy
Not impossible but that means anyone can get in the ear of the ref and influence them.
Including people who want the Dogs to win.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Can someone give me an honest rundown of our game tonight? Were we unlucky again or just suck arse?
@TANK 2.0 Remember that shit defence from last week? It was just as bad this week. Comical in all honesty.

Forwards flat and lethargic.

Mbye looking more dangerous (ditto Foran before he copped a shoulder charge and came up sore). Jackson, Woods, Klemmer all shithouse tonight. Bench rotation was fucked, Fine didn't get a run. Tolman in the way. Refs shitcunts and ripped us off a genuine try, whilst awarding Roosters and identical one.

Eastwood cheering from NZ that he isn't to blame.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Attack was clunky and defensively up the middle we weren’t good. We still looked ok with the ball in hand but overall nothing inspiring.

There was very little to see. Mbye will make a good fullback in the coming seasons. That’s about the only positive we have. Foran was ok but we just don’t have the players. The game plan in attack is good, but we have no quality.

We also look a bit unfit and lack enthusiasm but that can be fixed with an attitude adjustment. The boys are trying hard but there is no overnight fix. We weren’t competitive this week in my view and that comes down to Hasler’s recruitment in years gone by.

The side is just extremely unbalanced. We have too many ‘compliment’ moneyball type players, that won’t win you games or bust it wide open. Its very hard to criticise the players or the coach. We just have to get through it.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think foran had good touches as did Mbye
Looks dangerous everytime he runs the ball

But i have always said it forans short kicking game and passing is awesome but his long kicks dont have length or powerful strike

I agree with some fellow kennel members morris brothers should give it away
We have one of the slowest backs in the comp

There is a reason that Melbourne / roosters / sharks until last year / Cowboys are successful cuz they have pace

We should get quick backs e.g.
Waqa Blake
Johny Tuivase sheck - peanut contract
Offer clint guthersen whatever position he wants
Offcourse many more you can suggest
I think we should stop playing people like eastwood tolman morris bros because of whst they have

Time to get ruthless in recruitment cuz this old briggade is serving something which is too hard to digest

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like anything good, it takes time and patience to build.
People expectin them to play like world beaters are deluded, especially against 2 of the top 3 teams with 2 games together under thier belts.
Yeah I didn't expect any miracles against the storm or the roosters but I was expecting a little more passion and excitement from the players

Status
Not open for further replies.