Who is this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
2018 is akin to inspecting a fish before you gut it. Just about working out which of the guts don't work and removing them.
Geez, I fucking hope not, last I checked, I get rid the the spine.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Don’t know what the problem is but the game was in the balance until ado-car took that intercept.
We had bad luck and will get 10x better.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
liking the masculinity of your thread. It’s a worry when a female wants to see more bruising up in your face defence dogs of war style when a lot of the guys prefer touch footy attacking style lol.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flamebouyant makes a pretty good point. I do recall that at the start of the season he was willing to give Hasler the benefit of the doubt regarding his ability to shake up our style of play and that his opinion changed as the season went on. And even though I liked the spirit of both Ennis and Reynolds, they both opted to take the financial option when the club didn't make competitive offers. Going back to our past a little and there are loads of examples of players who have done this under different coaches and administrations. I recall that Folkesy advised O'Meley to leave for the Roosters to end his career when the club weren't able to offer him as lucrative a deal as the Chooks did. It happens and every team has to face the reality that other clubs often have more money to throw at players. It's a sad part of league these days.
I understand that players need to take the money but you're wrong about Ennis.
Reynolds went for the dollar but Ennis didn't ,he was forced out.. He publically stated he wouldve stayed if given game time and a two year contract in order to retire a bulldog.

His actions in the following two years more than substantiated his integrity to his claim.
His obsessive focus and concern on the dogs situation shows the magnitude of his interest in the dogs and then retiring at the peak of his performance smack bang on two years as he proposed tells me he was in it for the game And not the money.. Sick of hearing people say 'he left for the money' when it's completely unsubstantiated.
When Des dropped Ennis I knew Des was a fucking idiot.
Who drops a captain who knows how to execute dumb arse desball?

Reynolds on the other hand left for the money

And I've ve been trying so hard not to talk about Ennis dohhh

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
liking the masculinity of your thread. It’s a worry when a female wants to see more bruising up in your face defence dogs of war style when a lot of the guys prefer touch footy attacking style lol.
haha you're stereotyping me .. I love a good fight , passion overload

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand that players need to take the money but you're wrong about Ennis.
Reynolds went for the dollar but Ennis didn't ,he was forced out.. He publically stated he wouldve stayed if given game time and a two year contract in order to retire a bulldog.

His actions in the following two years more than substantiated his integrity to his claim.
His obsessive focus and concern on the dogs situation shows the magnitude of his interest in the dogs and then retiring at the peak of his performance smack bang on two years as he proposed tells me he was in it for the game And not the money.. Sick of hearing people say 'he left for the money' when it's completely unsubstantiated.
When Des dropped Ennis I knew Des was a fucking idiot.
Who drops a captain who knows how to execute dumb arse desball?

Reynolds on the other hand left for the money

And I've ve been trying so hard not to talk about Ennis dohhh
Like most things, you have it half right. He was offered a contract by the club which he knocked back because he wanted a 3 year contract and we would only extend by one because we had already bought Lichaa. The plan was for him to mentor Lichaa for a year and then retire, probably to pick up a coaching role with the club. He spat it and looked elsewhere, signed at the Sharks for 3 years and retired after 2. So the bottom line is he wasn't dropped he left because he wanted the money that came with having more years on his contract. In answer to your question - it is no-one because he was never dropped.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like most things, you have it half right. He was offered a contract by the club which he knocked back because he wanted a 3 year contract and we would only extend by one because we had already bought Lichaa. The plan was for him to mentor Lichaa for a year and then retire, probably to pick up a coaching role with the club. He spat it and looked elsewhere, signed at the Sharks for 3 years and retired after 2. So the bottom line is he wasn't dropped he left because he wanted the money that came with having more years on his contract. In answer to your question - it is no-one because he was never dropped.
The way des handled this situation was a complete mess.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The way des handled this situation was a complete mess.
Maybe, but most likely because he wouldn't let Lichaa play the way he could. I'm sure had he given lich a licence to play what was in front of him from day 1 we probably wouldn't even remember Ennis. It's more that Ennis was still offering something and Lich was turned into a tackling bag.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What are you smoking because you're full on tripping !! . Ennis signed a 2 year deal at the sharks .
Sharks then offered him a 12 month extension for 2017 but he already planned his retirement from football
See article
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n/news-story/dcda77c14cc3ad46533b6855132cb939
Des only offered Michael a 12 month contract with a different job description, where his main role was to mentor Lichaa and sit on the sidelines basically putting him out to pasture

Lol great insight from your lover Des, on a player who went on to win a dally m and a premiership .

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What are you smoking because you're full on tripping !! . Ennis signed a 2 year deal at the sharks .
Sharks then offered him a 12 month extension for 2017 but he already planned his retirement from football
See article
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n/news-story/dcda77c14cc3ad46533b6855132cb939
Des only offered Michael a 12 month contract with a different job description, where his main role was to mentor Lichaa and sit on the sidelines basically putting him out to pasture

Lol great insight from your lover Des, on a player who went on to win a dally m and a premiership .
Seeing as you want to go on a name calling exercise perhaps you might want to work on your maths. In my day 2 + 1 equalled 3. Perhaps not in your little world. I said Ennis was offered a year at the Dogs. Is that different to 12 months in your world as well? I also said he was to mentor Lichaa - seems like you agree with that as well. I'm so pleased you believe what is written in the Telegraph. Unlike you, I've worked in the real world and I know from a lengthy experience just how reliable media reports are. Enjoy your warm bath with Phil Rothfield. I'm sure he will give you plenty of scoops.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know there is a salary cap yeah? So we all have the same amount of talent on the field.
We played pretty well. Our attacking flair was very promising, RFM was a beast, foran had a great game, woods had plenty of offloads, mbye was very good for his first run at fb, and melbourne scored a few lucky tries, and we missed a few tackles that lead to tries.
But you suggesting that our play was better inder des, and that he would be laughing at how we played. What a joke.
We have over $2m of wasted cap with paying players to play for other clubs and carrying so much very dead wood much more than any other club thanks to Des, so if we make the 8 we should all be very happy.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See article

This has really gone off topic, hit a wall and really reached a point where it's useless to keep going over it IMHO. At the end of the day Ennis had the opportunity to stay and prove he was worthy of a contract extension after the one he declined to sign expired. In hindsight looking at Lichaas performance we'd probably extended again anyway. But he didn't stay.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have over $2m of wasted cap with paying players to play for other clubs and carrying so much very dead wood much more than any other club thanks to Des, so if we make the 8 we should all be very happy.
I think you need to check your facts mate. The only one we are paying is graham, and thats just for this year, and probably only about 500k, which i agree is not great, but its def not 2 mil.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Desball, atleast the attacking side of our game was more touch football. Ruck the ball for 4, play for numbers on the 5th

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't recognise them. Where's the grind , the hard work?
Des must be laughing at us right about now

Cannot remember the last time I saw the opposition score a 100 metre try against us let alone 2 in one game and worse still in the first half and worser still ,back to back....
The grind and the hard work wasn't working though. We got progressively worse in that system

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Desball, atleast the attacking side of our game was more touch football. Ruck the ball for 4, play for numbers on the 5th
Na bro that was just brain dead attacking lol. Except tolman on 4th always kept the oppositions geussing.

Status
Not open for further replies.