Bulldogs and Souths enter 2 Year Home Game Agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fark Souths. Will they also get to ring the bell before the game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad the clubs have to promote their games because the NRL are more interested in bumhole

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hold off.

Does this mean for EVERY player who comes off the field (not just the home team) it will be Number 8 is on the field... SPONSORED BY SOME GRONK BUSINESS WHO I WILL NEVER BUY FROM.

If so... just delves further into why I will never attend another game.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hold off.

Does this mean for EVERY player who comes off the field (not just the home team) it will be Number 8 is on the field... SPONSORED BY SOME GRONK BUSINESS WHO I WILL NEVER BUY FROM.

As opposed to just for the home team?

The way i read it is you won't even notice a difference at the actual game both teams will just add up the takings from the two games at the end of the year and split it.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold off.

So if you don't attend games why do you give a rats? Won't look any different on TV.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck souths.
When it’s their home game they can promote us and when it’s our home game they can get fucked.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So if you don't attend games why do you give a rats? Won't look any different on TV.
Used to be a 20+ game attendee (for 10 years - went to heaps of Sydney away games, NZ, Melbourne, Canberra Newcastle etc).

Went to 2 games last year and this just got belted into our ear drums non stop. This in combination with Des ball turned me off.

Considering going to a few more games this year - but these little pet peeves just annoy me even further.

Yes - sponsorships uphold the game.

What and the fans dont?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Used to be a 20+ game attendee (for 10 years - went to heaps of Sydney away games, NZ, Melbourne, Canberra Newcastle etc).

Went to 2 games last year and this just got belted into our ear drums non stop. This in combination with Des ball turned me off.

Considering going to a few more games this year - but these little pet peeves just annoy me even further.

Yes - sponsorships uphold the game.

What and the fans dont?
Well mathematically 10,000 fans at say $200 per membership is $2m and our current sponsorship is $4m so they are twice as important from that perspective, but this story is a positive one, not negative. Nothing changes for the fans or on TV and we will still have the same home and away seats. All that changes is that the revenue is evenly split each year instead of one team getting a big pay day due to Good Friday being their home gate and the second game being away. Now it doesn't matter who turns up they split the dough and importantly have equal access to the clothing sales booths etc. We will still have one game on half way and another in the bleachers so it is business as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.