2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah likely scenario Fine to backrow
JJ to lock so the Teddy doesn’t gas him lol
Fualolo off bench for Eastwood to add punch
Tolman to add his ‘workhorse ‘ qualities and play too many minutes
Elliott to invent a new way to fk up
JMK to get junk time
Yh that's the only thing that makes sense with Fine being promoted. I am a fan of Jackson at lock but i thought Pay made it clear it wasn't happening...guess we will find out.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ideally i would like to see our bench look like this:
14. Fa’amanu Brown (JMK to 5/8)
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Francis Tualau
17. Ofahiki Ogden/Renouf To’omaga
and our starting forward pack:
8. Aaron Woods
9. Michael Lichaa
10. David Klemmer
11. Asipeli Fine
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly

It was piss poor defence on a guy that had inches to stay in touch and caught the ball above his head
He's 9cm taller and you think he is only 3kg heavier? Seriously, people keep coming on here and talking like our players are rubbish. You can do that to your hearts content on the oppositions websites. Why do we have to keep doing it on here? BMoz has been and continues to be a champion winger. If he was so badly outplayed by a much younger, much taller, much heavier opponent then I guess it would show on the scoreboard. Last time I looked they scored 1 apiece. In my books that's a tie. BMoz was isolated by Munsters pass that gave Vanivulu the momentum. If the roles were reversed I'm sure the same would occurred in our favour. Last year the Morris boys slipped in defence but this week wasn't last year. They both aimed up.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not joining in on the Bmoz Vunivalu debate lol But I don't believe some of the weights they list. My arse Vunivalu is only 99 kegs.

Once I remember Parra used to have Randrandra at 99 kegs. I saw him at the nines and he was at least 110 kgs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's 9cm taller and you think he is only 3kg heavier? Seriously, people keep coming on here and talking like our players are rubbish. You can do that to your hearts content on the oppositions websites. Why do we have to keep doing it on here? BMoz has been and continues to be a champion winger. If he was so badly outplayed by a much younger, much taller, much heavier opponent then I guess it would show on the scoreboard. Last time I looked they scored 1 apiece. In my books that's a tie. BMoz was isolated by Munsters pass that gave Vanivulu the momentum. If the roles were reversed I'm sure the same would occurred in our favour. Last year the Morris boys slipped in defence but this week wasn't last year. They both aimed up.
9cm taller hey

In ‘short’ B Moz could have did a better job to put him in touch

I’m not hating on him just saying he could have done better (100 plus games, test, Origin,gf winner ) experience and all that

Image1521012172.921461.jpg

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don't give a rats arse who play's as long as every player gives 100%, it would be nice to actually win against the rorters.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please beat these arseholes for all rugby league fans everywhere. If you need more motivation, go read the Chookpen forum. They're the biggest pricks in the world. I got perma-banned from that forum after 1 post.
The Chookpen forum is a snorefest. It’s easily the worst in the NRL.
This match is a 50/50 toss of the coin job. The Roosters are vulnerable this time of the season. I predict that after round 10, they’ll be 5-5

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon Elliot will start on the egde. Theres no way Fine will, he will be on the bench.
1 of 2 things will happen. Most likey it will be be same starting 13 as last week or Jackson goes to lock, Elliot starts on Jacksons edge, Faulolo and Fine on the bench.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon Elliot will start on the egde. Theres no way Fine will, he will be on the bench.
1 of 2 things will happen. Most likey it will be be same starting 13 as last week or Jackson goes to lock, Elliot starts on Jacksons edge, Faulolo and Fine on the bench.
Would be happy with this.

11. Elliot
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Fualalo
15. Fine
16. Tolman
17. JMK (although not a fan of a backs utility on the bench, would rather tualau and Fine can cover centres)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ideally i would like to see our bench look like this:
14. Fa’amanu Brown (JMK to 5/8)
15. Danny Fualalo
16. Francis Tualau
17. Ofahiki Ogden/Renouf To’omaga
and our starting forward pack:
8. Aaron Woods
9. Michael Lichaa
10. David Klemmer
11. Asipeli Fine
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson
Mate most coaches play 3 tight forwards ie 2 front rowers and the lock that's why they pick a third front rower at lock some clubs have the luxury of having a powerful and versatile forward to play lock, we may not have a player with those qualities. The 2 second rowers play wide either side of the 3 tights.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it is. Brett isn't a world class finisher for starters, there are plenty of other wingers i would trust in the final 10 over Brett these days. The bloke is just a shadow of his former self without his rapid pace, he has struggled massively without it and is nothing more than an average winger these days.

Jmoz then yh fair enough he's a top defender, everywhere else though he comes up well short against the best. Struggles to break tackles he should, struggles to setup the players around him, struggles to creat something out of nothing, etc.

Overall our backline is extremely weak compared to other sides, i'm honestly struggling to find a worse backline in the NRL. Hopefully the Morris' aim up or are shipped out come seasons end and we can pick up the faster more powerful outside backs that we need.
As usual king gotenks has made his point, and all of us humble idiots must concede he knows everything about rugby league, and the universe for that matter.
All hale king gotenks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would be happy with this.

11. Elliot
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Fualalo
15. Fine
16. Tolman
17. JMK (although not a fan of a backs utility on the bench, would rather tualau and Fine can cover centres)
I still don't see the point in having Fine on that bench though, a middle forward makea far more sense.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both Morris boys are cooked there's no way any opposition coach or player loses sleep the night before they come against them.

They are solid at best and don't offer any sort of threat there's no way they can be re-signed for next year.
I disagree. If they stay injury free and get some good early ball from foz and mbye i think they can have very good seasons.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I disagree. If they stay injury free and get some good early vall from foz anb mbye i think they can gave very good seasons.
Jmoz just has nothing in attack he hasn’t adapted to losing his pace and all he ever does is try and burn the defender on the outside which he no longer can do. Even with early ball I can’t see much changing they will get a few tries each but it won’t be anything spectacular which is disappointing for the highest paid players in the outside backs but it’s the best option we have this year so it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.