Refs relationship with Dogs in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple quick questions:

In light of the raft of changes over the off season is it possible that we may see some changes in the way the refs deal with us as a team?

Were we ever really treated differently, or was it a case of "blue and white goggles"?

Did Des, Graham or anyone else through their actions really effect the way we were treated by the refs?

Do refs relationships with teams / coaches / captains / players really make that much difference to a game?

What do we hope to see from Jacko and Pay in comparison to Des and Graham with the refs?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sutton will still give us the dick regardless. but i think Jacko will get more respect than Graham did. Will have to wait and see with Pay, he's been under Sticky for a while... may have learned to make a few outbursts :D

Reactions: DT

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Couple quick questions:

In light of the raft of changes over the off season is it possible that we may see some changes in the way the refs deal with us as a team?

Were we ever really treated differently, or was it a case of "blue and white goggles"?

Did Des, Graham or anyone else through their actions really effect the way we were treated by the refs?

Do refs relationships with teams / coaches / captains / players really make that much difference to a game?

What do we hope to see from Jacko and Pay in comparison to Des and Graham with the refs?
I have been thinking about this and while it is too early to tell, the refs are allowing 50/50 calls to go our way - I wrote about subconscious bias and how it affects what you notice in a thread / post last season because I have studied and train people in understanding how their brain works and how to remove prejudice and replace it with better assumptions.

I am 100% convinced that Des turned the media and the refs against us with his attitude and was to proud and ignorant to understand the consequences - they are subtle but persistent and compound into making a difference between losing and winning, qualifying or not.

I hope and am confident that finally, the bias is going to go away and we are going to get a fair rub of the green!

Time will tell.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been thinking about this and while it is too early to tell, the refs are allowing 50/50 calls to go our way - I wrote about subconscious bias and how it affects what you notice in a thread / post last season because I have studied and train people in understanding how their brain works and how to remove prejudice and replace it with better assumptions.

I am 100% convinced that Des turned the media and the refs against us with his attitude and was to proud and ignorant to understand the consequences - they are subtle but persistent and compound into making a difference between losing and winning, qualifying or not.

I hope and am confident that finally, the bias is going to go away and we are going to get a fair rub of the green!

Time will tell.
You are correct, and obviously have done the study to back up the theory.
Interesting topic, Id love to learn more about this kind of stuff.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no doubt at all that we will be perceived in a better way now that Hasbeen is a Hasbeen and JG is no longer pointing his shoulders at refs (fingers not allowed...lol)...the club has an entirely fresh approach and i think this will be reflected everywhere including those turds with the whistle.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Between des, ennis and graham, we’ve had a few shit years with the refs.
Jacko seems to be well respected so hopefully things improve, although I still think the Sutton brothers will bend us over every opportunity they get.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sutton will always shaft us regardless of the playing group or conditions. He is hard wired to punish the Bulldogs as much as possible.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton will always shaft us regardless of the playing group or conditions. He is hard wired to punish the Bulldogs as much as possible.
then we shall be hard wired to throw water bottles at him

LOL

Just kidding guys,
We don't do those things.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every fan base of every sport thinks they're hard done by in relation to the refs.

Unless someone has a specific point of view and cites stats it's hard to take any of it seriously.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Due to our playing style we really needed to push the limits with wrestle and 10 meters and I have no doubt the refs were ready for us.

Graham was terrible at communicating with the refs and i won't miss that ridiculous bent finger or hands behind the back.

Jacko seems very reserved it will interesting to see how he deals with the refs I think he will be very similar to Bobcat.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
For as long as I can remember we lose the 50/50 calls, just gotta try and be as disciplined as possible, having a few rookies in the side might bring a few bad habits with them, you can't cheat at this level with ten cameras on the team, gotta give the ref mutual respect unless he's a jerk.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton will still give us the dick regardless. but i think Jacko will get more respect than Graham did. Will have to wait and see with Pay, he's been under Sticky for a while... may have learned to make a few outbursts :D
Honestly I hope he does have a few outburst!!! The refereeing has been atrocious the last few years & people need to start calling them out on it!! If it means a few fines to get people to start taking it more seriously then so be it!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Every fan base of every sport thinks they're hard done by in relation to the refs.

Unless someone has a specific point of view and cites stats it's hard to take any of it seriously.
Not really, we got penalised for throwing the ball after a knock on that hardly happens .
Penalised for charge downs.
Shoulder charges are ok if it’s done to a bulldog player.
Every player can abuse the ref but bulldogs get sin binned.

Last edited:

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really, we got penalised for throwing the ball after a nock on that hardly happens .
Penalised for charge downs.
Shoulder charges are ok if it’s done to a bulldog player.
Every player can abuse the ref but bulldogs get sin binned.
The worst one was mbye getting penalised for a drop out where it was taken half a foot over the line. That weekend i watched every drop out and i didn't see 1 taken behind the line, some were way worse then mbyes, not a word said....

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The worst one was mbye getting penalised for a drop out where it was taken half a foot over the line. That weekend i watched every drop out and i didn't see 1 taken behind the line, some were way worse then mbyes, not a word said....
Good point even Thurston takes the kick a metre passed the line lol.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point even Thurston takes the kick a metre passed the line lol.
Thurston would be allowed to take his dropout from the 50m line and if went over the posts they'd award a field goal. haha

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s because he’s black

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Jacksons demeanor reminds me of Steve Prices. Hopefully he gets treated the same by the refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.