Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
My point is they need minutes and a topline coach like Bellamy has gone out of his way to get all his players minutes while we have given our key players no more than 40. It's not good enough.
I don't buy your point whatsoever.
I love bellamy but pay has his reasons aswel and you have no rights in saying it's not good enough from your lounge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
To be fair mate theres no point in anyone discussing anything with you because we are always fucking wrong.
Well if people see no value in trials then they're clearly wrong. What value you see in them is up for debate though.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
To be fair mate theres no point in anyone discussing anything with you because we are always fucking wrong.
Nah i love it.
Its the only member i like making an effort with, no disrespect to others haha.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's 8 or 9 players in that squad that have played 1st grade so i think we should be able to put up a decent fight
There are alao a bunch of players in there that people have insisted that should be in our fg side. Martin for example.
At the end of the day Dean Pay is the coach and he has decided this is the best way to go about it and we should have faith in his decision, instead of jumping up and down claiming that pay is an idiot and claiming you know better then him, or this coach isnt doing so why isnt ours??
Even if we lose rd 1 i wont be blaming it on not having this trial run.
People just love to whinge on here. Maybe they have a wife that wears the pants and this is the only outlet they have to express their opinions loudly. Lol Or not. Maybe they are just fucking miserable with nothing better to do. Take your pick. Lol

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well if people see no value in trials then they're clearly wrong. What value you see in them is up for debate though.
Of course there is value in trials. Especially when you are not 100% settled on your starting fg side for the season opener.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wow. Thats a fantastic, and very mature argument.
I have already provided an argument but if i must again..

- players need the minutes
- this is as close you will get to a real game situations
- new systems
- new spine
- inexperienced players in key positions
- no real flow in our previous trial

I could go on and probably will at some point. No once can convince me that going into a season with only a few of our players playing a max of 40 minutes is a good idea.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Of course there is value in trials. Especially when you are not 100% settled on your starting fg side for the season opener.
Pay has settled on a side though, maybe he's not 100% on 1 bench spot but that's about it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have already provided an argument but if i must again..

- players need the minutes
- this is as close you will get to a real game situations
- new systems
- new spine
- inexperienced players in key positions
- no real flow in our previous trial

I could go on and probably will at some point. No once can convince me that going into a season with only a few of our players playing a max of 40 minutes is a good idea.
Exceeeeept................................your not the coach, and our coach thinks otherwise. Deal with it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exceeeeept................................your not the coach, and our coach thinks otherwise. Deal with it.
I am dealing with it. Before i was going and now i'm not. I'm also whinging about it on the internet :grinning:

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like Pay has made up his mind for our side and giving fringe players to stake their claim. I agree that some of players need minutes; Mbye, Frawley & Tolman. Going into the season with 40
mins under their belt? Crazy! Unless the players have been killing it during training.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest disappointment to me is playing King and Cleeland together.
King totally ignored Cleeland in Qld, and the same thing will probably happen here. Cleeland
needs to get his hands on the ball. King copies the Des plan and passed it to forwards who are standing still.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Biggest disappointment to me is playing King and Cleeland together.
King totally ignored Cleeland in Qld, and the same thing will probably happen here. Cleeland
needs to get his hands on the ball. King copies the Des plan and passed it to forwards who are standing still.
Too bad King outperformed your bum chum Cleeland.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If our players did play. It would only be another 40 to 60 mins.... in the scheme of things as a whole. They are not missing out on too much at all.

The most benefit will come from playing rounds 1 to 4. Proper competition rounds at a high intensity under a large amount of pressure.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe how accepting people are of the coach not trialling players. Dean Pay is far too relaxed going into this season.

Out of all the teams this year we have the most reason to run a first grade team in the trials:
New spine-
with a fullback who has never played fullback Bar 40 minutes where the raiders did nothing that required fullback intervention
Unsettled halves pairing
Halfback coming back from significant injury time off as well as mental health problems
Hooker who is being told to change up his game plan and run more (will need time to find the balance between running and not running, don’t be surprised to see him running too often for the first couple of weeks till he gets used to being “unshackled”).

Forwards: Starting Prop and whatever the hell Tolman is this season not having played actual game minutes for months.
Bench nowhere near sorted from the look of things.

Allegedly we have a new play style, meaning we will take time to get used to this style. Why not get used to it when wins and losses don’t matter? I’m all for giving a new coach a new chance, but remember Pay isn’t free from criticism. He’s a rookie coach and he’s going against everything the best coaches do in pre-season so people will rightfully question his decisions. If we come out firing in round 1 and destroy the Storm and keep that up for the first few weeks of the comp then I’m sure Pay made the right decision. However, if the Storm blow us off the park early on because combinations struggle, Mbye is shit at positioning himself, or our players run out of steam at the end of the halves because they have no match fitness, then it’s all on him and this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.