Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Puts the blow torch on these guys to separate the shit from the clay so we can get a plunger out and flush the turds at years end. Sink or swim time for our reggies to discover their talent or fuck off.
If i tried i couldn't have put it better haha.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was talkin about the wc challenge and the testimonial match re this year.
And? Doesn't mean he was forced to play his players. Bellamy gives his players more than a 40 minute run in pre season, he even organised a closed training session with the Knights ffs.

There is plenty of value in trials and we are unfortunately missing out on a lot of it.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe people agree with the Dogs picking this squad. Penrith will annihilate them. How will this benefit these kids? I’m not saying pick 17 first graders but surely 6 to 7 mixed in with others.
Does Cameron Smith & JT need to be playing trials in consecutive weeks ?
Melbourne will be primed for round one. It could get ugly. Very ugly.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honestly i don't think that's a genuine excuse. Penrith and pretty much every other team are throwing out full strength or near full strength teams and we're throwing out reserve graders. I can't support or get behind this decision, it's a massive let down.
I disagree. Its only a trial, and pretty much every year a top line player is badly injured in one.
Dean is also a new coach at the club, and at this point he has not watched any of them play a game other then last week.
There are plenty of players that are garaunteed a spot in round one, so why not take a good look at the ones that are vying for the spots with a ? On them.
Tickets are apparently $5 each, so there basically nothing to complain about.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I disagree. Its only a trial, and pretty much every year a top line player is badly injured in one.
Dean is also a new coach at the club, and at this point he has not watched any of them play a game other then last week.
There are plenty of players that are garaunteed a spot in round one, so why not take a good look at the ones that are vying for the spots with a ? On them.
And i disagree.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems a bit odd. Surely it would be better for us to have us play the top guys for at least another 40.

But just like with his choice of team I will give him (Pay) the benifit of the doubt.

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly what i was thinking

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy had no choice but to play his players. World club challenge then a stupid testimony game. Smith only started pre season training 3 weeks ago so he needs the fitness.
Please. Smith turns 35 this year with another massive season coming up. He plays in a dinner suit at times. Bellamy isn’t obligated to play anyone.
This testimonial match should have been his only trial. Leeds are rubbish.
Look at Wigan. Souths rested their best 10 players and still won easy.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe people agree with the Dogs picking this squad. Penrith will annihilate them. How will this benefit these kids? I’m not saying pick 17 first graders but surely 6 to 7 mixed in with others.
It could also get ugly for Melbourne just like it did last time we played them in Perth. They need to worry about us more then we are worried about them. In fact I believe they have only beaten us once or twice since the 2012 GF.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like he doesn’t like brown at 6/7, so he’s trialling him at 9.

Tbh mbye needs more game time badly. He needs to be tested.

good doggie

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
This is a good move by the coach.
It gives him a great opportunity cast his eyes over the players he may need to promote this year.
Enabling him to do so while they are under a great deal of pressure from a good first grade team.
Sure they will probably lose the game but i think this is more about how well some of them stand up & show what they are made of.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Pay is giving the youngsters a chance against a fair dinkum FG side (although it will prob change before they kick off) and still half of you aren't happy. I wonder if you would be still happy if Mbye or Foran or Klemm copped a major injury in the trial if they were playing this week or would everyone be saying how ridiculous it was that we risked them when we already know what they can do. The issue for the kids is not who they are playing with but who they are playing against. They have their shot to impress. Now it's up to them. They go gangbusters and they can force their way into the starting lineup early on. They play like plonkers then hello Sat afternoon footy. I think after 3 months of training them our new coach has some sort of idea who plays well and who doesn't. I'm happy to back his judgement......
Im with you mate. Anyone who is complaining about this is being a little selfish in my opinion. If anyone thinks Deano is doing thia for any other reason then for the teams best interests, then they are kidding themselves.
In my opinion this will do way more good then harm, afterall its a very long season after a world cup season.
Plus the players that have been named are all in contention for a bit of fg this year, so lets see how they perform.
Im sure they wont be expected to win, and this being the case they wont hang their heads in shame if they lose. But what if they win??? What if its a really tight match and they only just lose? This will do them a massive amount of good.
And if they lose? Well they were not expected to win anyway. And at least they know what is required of them now if they want to play fg.
Last but not least, the tickets are $5 for 4 games of football if i recall. If you want to whinge about this then your a clown.
In Dean i trust!!

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
And? Doesn't mean he was forced to play his players. Bellamy gives his players more than a 40 minute run in pre season, he even organised a closed training session with the Knights ffs.

There is plenty of value in trials and we are unfortunately missing out on a lot of it.
Yes he was, due to his competitive nature and the value behind each of those games.

So what point are you making? except jumpin up n down as per usual, pay gave em 40 and others have given em 80.

Every coach has their philosophy on their teams which you or i don't know.
Claiming trials are a massive deals like u make it out to be is just foolish.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree to an extent that players like Jacko, Klem and the Morris brothers shouldn't be playing but players like Frawley and especially Mbye would have benefited from a run this week.

I'm not sure how you can say we know what Mbye can do at fullback when he didn't really get involved at all last week I'm not saying it was his fault but he didn't even catch a bomb! I just have a really bad feeling he could get badly exposed against the Storm with kicks all night.
Yeah i probably would have played mbye. But only him. Otherwise im happy with the squad.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
This is a good move by the coach.
It gives him a great opportunity cast his eyes over the players he may need to promote this year.
Enabling him to do so while they are under a great deal of pressure from a good first grade team.
Sure they will probably lose the game but i think this is more about how well some of them stand up & show what they are made of.
Im sure whilst he was at the raiders and knew he was coming over, he would of started preparing and planting the seeds. One thing he wouldn't of been able to prepare was the players he hadn't seen enough of.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yes he was, due to his competitive nature and the value behind each of those games.

So what point are you making? except jumpin up n down as per usual, pay gave em 40 and others have given em 80.

Every coach has their philosophy on their teams which you or i don't know.
Claiming trials are a massive deals like u make it out to be is just foolish.
My point is they need minutes and a topline coach like Bellamy has gone out of his way to get all his players minutes while we have given our key players no more than 40. It's not good enough.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m with you on this one

We needed to run most of our top players this Sat

Melbourne will be coming into round one with massive leverage on the back of 4 trials

They played Knights and Warriors

They also played WCC and testimonial for Smith on Friday

We have had 40 minutes with our full strength side (minus Woods)

I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks
They have also lost kasiano for an extended period.

Status
Not open for further replies.