Bulldogs vs Panthers Trial Info and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rest them!!
They havent done anything yet!
That is so shit if they do every other team are full strength.
We need the full strength team to play together because there are so many changes in the team.
Its also better for the fans like myself who has been hanging out for the footy again..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on where is team??????????????????

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rest the whole team. We gain nothing by playing them. Why risk injury. No difference between an opposed session vs nsw cup team to a trail.

Reactions: DT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Rest the whole team. We gain nothing by playing them. Why risk injury. No difference between an opposed session vs nsw cup team to a trail.
Really? There’s plenty to gain. We pretty much have a brand new spine and getting that combination and chemistry going only happens in a game. Mbye also needs more time to get a feel for fullback as he wasn’t tested at all against the Raiders imagine if he kills it in this trial and gets a massive confidence boost out of it.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They should continue to field their first choice team in the first half and auditions in the second as they did V Raiders.

Trials are their for a reason and the above ticks 2 boxes, match fitness/combinations for the regulars and genuine audition/game experience for the guys vying for spots.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Foran needs to play, as does Mbye and Eastwood. Some of the backline can probably take a rest though, ditto Jackson and RFM.

That said I'd prefer them to ramp up to the season start on form than trying to get into form.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Team just named all reserve graders plus beast at lock i think its a good idea,we might get off to a slow start but its a long season and nothing to be gained risking injury in a trial

N

Natboy

Team just named all reserve graders plus beast at lock i think its a good idea,we might get off to a slow start but its a long season and nothing to be gained risking injury in a trial
Holland at fullback should be interesting!
I’m glad young guys are getting a go.
If they stay close to the panthers they will have done very well with that squad

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holland at fullback should be interesting!
I’m glad young guys are getting a go.
If they stay close to the panthers they will have done very well with that squad
Can you copy paste the squad for us here mate?

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. I was cringing looking at the panthers team. Hopefully they realise it’s not even a semi final let alone a regular season game :sweat:

Nothing good can come out of a trial. If you win by 50 it’s just a trial. If you get injured it’s for a trial. I’d rather cop injuries in training then trials.

Panthers even have a short bench. So it’s not like they’ll bring on 13 new players for the second half.

Would be happy with a lesser team. Combos can be worked on in training. And to play a half of footy won’t be much harder then a training session. Save the boys for 8th of March is it?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
1 Kerrod Holland
2 Josh Bergamin
3 Lachlan Lewis
4 John Olive
5 Tom Carr
6 Josh Cleeland
7 Jeremy Marshall-King
8 Francis Tualau
9 Fa'amanu Brown
10 Renouf To’omaga
11 Jayden Okunbor
12 Rhyse Martin
13 Greg Eastwood
Reserves
Ofahiki Ogden
Asipeli Fine
Lachlan Burr
Jack Nelson
Jarred Anderson
Bronson Garlick
Joel Luani
D'Rhys Miller

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How does it give these youngster confidence, coming up against a full strength Panthers team. If Dogs forward pack cant match it with Panthers, then it doesnt help the halves at all for example. Mbye needs as much practise at FB as possible, as well as building halves combos with Foran.

Based on the trial team, it looks like the FG team is locked in for Round 1

Mbye
Bmoz
Jmoz
Hoppa
Montoya
Foran
Frawley
Woods
Lichaa
Klemmer
RFM
Jacko
Fualalo

Elliott
Tolman
???
???

So really there are only 2 bench spots these youngsters are playing for, correct me if i missed anyone in above lineup that isnt injured and not playing in Trial

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rest them!!
They havent done anything yet!
That is so shit if they do every other team are full strength.
We need the full strength team to play together because there are so many changes in the team.
Its also better for the fans like myself who has been hanging out for the footy again..
Rest them, they are too.... tired from the pre season ....rest

Last edited:

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Kerrod Holland
2 Josh Bergamin
3 Lachlan Lewis
4 John Olive
5 Tom Carr
6 Josh Cleeland
7 Jeremy Marshall-King
8 Francis Tualau
9 Fa'amanu Brown
10 Renouf To’omaga
11 Jayden Okunbor
12 Rhyse Martin
13 Greg Eastwood
Reserves
Ofahiki Ogden
Asipeli Fine
Lachlan Burr
Jack Nelson
Jarred Anderson
Bronson Garlick
Joel Luani
D'Rhys Miller

the backline surely won't actually play like that will it ? a few look out of place positional wise

pack/bench is full of player who may be playing off for last spot or 2 on the bench

Reactions: evo

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see elliott dropping out of firsts thru the season and ogden/beast forcing their way in and i reckon nu brown will spit it and ask for a release

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fuck sake. Interesting to see Tualau start in both sides...hopfully he doesn't miss out on a bench spot.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs Head Coach Dean Pay will use this Saturday's trial match against Penrith at Belmore (6-30pm Kick Off) to take a look at some of the promising players in his squad who are vying for First Grade places this season.

After giving a full run out to all members of the squad in last week's trial match victory over the Raiders in the Sunshine Coast, Pay will this week give extended time to players working hard to push for a spot in the NRL squad for the Round One clash with the Storm in Perth on Saturday 10 March.

New recruits John Olive (Gold Coast) and Fa'amanu Brown (Sharks), will start at centre and hooker, respectively, while Greg Eastwood will begin the match at lock.

Former Bulldog Lachlan Burr who recently returned to the club after a stint in England, will get a chance to impress off the bench.

The team for Saturday is :

1 Kerrod Holland
2 Josh Bergamin
3 Lachlan Lewis
4 John Olive
5 Tom Carr
6 Josh Cleeland
7 Jeremy Marshall-King
8 Francis Tualau
9 Fa'amanu Brown
10 Renouf To’omaga
11 Jayden Okunbor