Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find that right edge 2nd row defenders are mostly better than left edge 2nd row defenders. Dont know if its by design because most teams are a bit more slick from left to right in attack, thus coaches put their best defenders there?

It could also be some sort of paradoxical idiosyncratic symptom likened to a southpaw boxer or lefthanded bowler or batsmen..
eg; most league players can read the passing game from left to right easier because that is also the more natural passing motion for right handed people.

Not entirely sure.

But my point is that left edge attacking 2nd rowers appear to me to have less break out seasons because they are usually lining up against the better defenders.

I have no statistical evidence to back any of this up, it's just from observation. Though I would love some analysis on rookie 2nd rowers and even centres to disprove or confirm.
So illogical yet such a convincing argument. You had me at paradoxical idiosyncratic symptom. Lol

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Churchill medal winner, will outplay Klemmer, play for NZ and control the world.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Boy is he going to have a big year, he looks so much bigger, stronger and faster then he was last year and not the mention how much better he’s defense looks, he has definelty worked on he’s tackling technique over the off season. He can offload the ball in every situation. I am willing to guarantee that he will be a star this year and one of our most important players. Can’t wait to see what Pay has in store for him.
I hope you haven't gone off before acceptances with this bloke. He didn't do anything wrong in the trial but he was hardly outstanding. Klemm and Lich outplayed him by miles. Even Eastwood went OK although he is clearly short of a gallop. I'll be as happy as if he delivers the kind of performance you think he is capable of, but I'm yet to see it.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope you haven't gone off before acceptances with this bloke. He didn't do anything wrong in the trial but he was hardly outstanding. Klemm and Lich outplayed him by miles. Even Eastwood went OK although he is clearly short of a gallop. I'll be as happy as if he delivers the kind of performance you think he is capable of, but I'm yet to see it.
It's not really about how he played in the trial but the observation I have made about how he ran, how he tackled and his footwork. He has definitely put on a few Kgs of lean muscle, he looked quicker every run and he had some nice footwork with the balls. This bloke has unbelievable potential.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not really about how he played in the trial but the observation I have made about how he ran, how he tackled and his footwork. He has definitely put on a few Kgs of lean muscle, he looked quicker every run and he had some nice footwork with the balls. This bloke has unbelievable potential.
What concerns me is that everyone seems to be wanting to wish some of our players be world beaters when at best they are just good or above average footballers. Then they don't live up to those expectations and then they get carved up on here. There are probably a dozen other young blokes who have demonstrated in FG better skills than him and most of our backrowers. He's about the same age as Jason T, Nelson AS, Tyson F, Bryce C, CNH and so on. He hasn't shown anything close to those blokes - yet. I hope he becomes a superstar but I also hope that if he doesn't he doesn't get chopped into little pieces by everyone on here.

Malla

Reaction score
What concerns me is that everyone seems to be wanting to wish some of our players be world beaters when at best they are just good or above average footballers. Then they don't live up to those expectations and then they get carved up on here. There are probably a dozen other young blokes who have demonstrated in FG better skills than him and most of our backrowers. He's about the same age as Jason T, Nelson AS, Tyson F, Bryce C, CNH and so on. He hasn't shown anything close to those blokes - yet. I hope he becomes a superstar but I also hope that if he doesn't he doesn't get chopped into little pieces by everyone on here.
Thats true... for me I just want to see a solid first grade player that tries on every possession and tackle - unlike Eastwood the fat fuck who only shows up for a hitup when we are 10m from their try line

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair, those players were given some nice game time and given a proper role in the team. Des only gave RFM the last 10 mins a lot of games this season and the few games where he was given good minutes he looked gassed because he had hardly played any footy.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I spoke with RFM a few weeks back at the corporate golf day. Was very honest with answering my questions and pretty much put all the blame on Des. He speaks very highly of Pay and said there has been a massive difference already this pre season and he is geared up for a huge year. He’s expecting to play a lot more minutes.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair, those players were given some nice game time and given a proper role in the team. Des only gave RFM the last 10 mins a lot of games this season and the few games where he was given good minutes he looked gassed because he had hardly played any footy.
Didn't get much game time with the Warriors either. I have no problem with easing him in as they have. Now it's up to him to show he's more than just "promising". He's shown promise now he has to deliver in both attack and defence. I genuinely hope he steps up. We need creative forwards to make things happen.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
He is a gun and our new and improved SBW. Surely a banner is in order for him this year.

“STAY TUNED TO RFM, BULLDOGS RADIO”.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck I'm excited Des Hasler isn't our coach this year. Just sayin!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talking to some of the old Warriors boys at my best mate wedding on Saturday (they know I’m Dogs die hard) they couldn’t believe RFM was traded for Lane

One of the boys said ‘Ray could be the next big thing and as good as him’ (pointing to one Ali Lauititi

Everyone thought it was funny me checking score updates for our game on my phone at the head table lol

Status
Not open for further replies.