We need a goal kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a huge difference from kicking in the park to kicking professionally during a game under fatigue and pressure. It isn't just basic hand eye coordination.

Going by your logic, Cooper Cronk should be the best goal kicker in the game. But he doesn't even kick goals, Smith kicks them. Smith who will go down as a immortal only kicks at 73%. So with all the hardwork and training that Smith puts in, he's just a 73% goal kicker? Cronk must be even worse.
yeah I don't get it. You'd think a person with Cronks kicking ability could easily transfer his skills to kicking goals.. I guess we'll never really know

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Practice, coaching and good technique is only part of the formula. The elite kickers also have a natural feel for it that can't be taught.
That is the most logical way to become good at anything.
I don't buy the excuse of needing to have a natural flare for goal kicking to be any good at it.
To be brilliant at it ...is a different story.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That is the most logical way to become good at anything.
I don't buy the excuse of needing to have a natural flare for goal kicking to be any good at it.
To be brilliant at it ...is a different story.
You do though, going by your logic i should be able to go start up archery today and as long as i train long enough i should be able to make the next Olympics. Sport just don't work like that. Why do you think when you look at juniors playing rugby league or any sport really, they all train the same yet some are just at another level, it's just a natural flare they have for it. Goal kicking is no different, just because you can kick the ball well out of your hands doesn't mean you would be a good goal kicker either, actually soccer players would be a better place to start because they are taught very early on how to kick of the ground to a certain point and need to do so very accurately.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yeah I don't get it. You'd think a person with Cronks kicking ability could easily transfer his skills to kicking goals.. I guess we'll never really know
But we do know..it simply isn't just technique and practice. You need to have the natural ability, temperament, desire to kick, composure, etc. There are just so many other factors that play a part at the top level.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Still think this might cost us a few games,
We really need someone to kick goals and Mbye is not the answer.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still think this might cost us a few games,
We really need someone to kick goals and Mbye is not the answer.
Mbye is a gun goal kicker mark my words... He only learnt how to bend the ball and the goals he slotted on the weekend were Hazem like.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Mbye is a gun goal kicker mark my words... He only learnt how to bend the ball and the goals he slotted on the weekend were Hazem like.
I hope your right I’m not confident at all when he kicks even if it’s in front .

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Are any of our current goal kickers from the country cause Pay is a country boy and can use his country magic powers that only people from the country have to communicate via country telepathic frequencies

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why are the bulldogs so against bringing aiden sezer back to the club, he even wanted to come back before signing with the raiders! Surely a player swap for him would be cheap? Mbye or Eastwood maybe????
He is an arse and a destabilizing personality. Why bring a player back who has a history of bringing down team harmony?

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha those commentators had me so fucked up on who was who I forgot lol
They were pathetic.... they even said the Canberra trial was our only trial before the start of the season???? Not sure what they were on, but it was bad!!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So he bent a single kick over from about 7m to the side of the sticks and you claim he's striking it like Hazem. Get a grip.

His career record would be somewhere between 60-65% which is dismal. If we can just get 70-72% out of him this year that'd be almost a win. In a side that's struggled for points it's even more crucial and I'm surprised we haven't properly addressed this in our recruitment in recent years.

Our best goalkicker since Hazem would probably be either Krisnan Inu or Bryson Goodwin, which is pretty alarming.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So he bent a single kick over from about 7m to the side of the sticks and you claim he's striking it like Hazem. Get a grip.

His career record would be somewhere between 60-65% which is dismal. If we can just get 70-72% out of him this year that'd be almost a win. In a side that's struggled for points it's even more crucial and I'm surprised we haven't properly addressed this in our recruitment in recent years.

Our best goalkicker since Hazem would probably be either Krisnan Inu or Bryson Goodwin, which is pretty alarming.
Inu's kicking, like the rest of his game, was always a bit rocks and diamonds. He would knock over a brilliant one from the sideline, then miss a sitter.

I still haven't seen the trial, but M'Bye's kicking would have needed to have a 100% improvement for me to be convinced.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye is ok close range but will have trouble from the sidelines. Practice makes perfect I guess. Can Montoya kick goals lol?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He actually started bending them late last yr... First kick he didn't bend enough, second kick he wrapped his foot around too much, third kick went in. He hasn't missed a kick since including the one on the weekend which was a thing of beauty ( watched it again today )

I'm not talking about his career I'm talking about a kid who has an impeccable passing and kicking technique who just learnt how to wrap his foot around a placed footy.

Enjoy.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our lack of a proper converter is a big problem that will bite us in the ass in those close games where every point counts, yet nothing has been done to solve this

Status
Not open for further replies.