WHO WILL BE WOODEN SPOONERS IN 2018 ?

Who do you think will win the wooden spoon in 2018?

• Titans

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Warriors

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Knights

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rabbitohs

• Sea Eagles

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tigers

• Raiders

• Panthers

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ponga and pearce are not world class? I thinkthose lates are going to your head mate.
Given the roster they have had, they have been extremely competitive in most games, and they have picked some really good players. Ese'ese, moga, guerra etc etc. They will improve a lot this year. Maybe not the 8, but very close.
How is Ponga world class. ????
He played 7 matches last year and couldn’t oust L.Coote !!
Is that what you deem a world class player ? A player who plays in state league.
As for Mitchell Pearce. Surely you jest. World class players don’t choke on the big stage the amount of times he has, whether it be for NSW or at club level.
If Pearce was world class, the Roosters wouldn’t have bombed out so meekly 3 years in finals since 2014.
I can understand your frivolous use of the term world class, considering the quality of fullbacks and halves the Bulldogs have had in recent times.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't tent to make these sorts of predictions because I find karma partially has a twisted sense of humour around me.
I remember my ex said to me one day "Karma's a bitch" and laughed at me. I turned to her, waved and replied with "Hi Karma". Watching that smile disappear while realizing she just got burnt had me grinning like a cheshire cat.

A

Alexander the Great

I can’t believe people actually believe that Newcastle will make the 8. They ran last in 2017 & yes they’ve improved their roster, but not with world class players. Just about every player they picked up was unlikely to have a starting position in first grade at their former club. What does that tell you ?
They won’t run last. I reckon an 11th to 14th finish.
Ponga... enough said.. they have bought well mate.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is that what you deem a world class player ? A player who plays in state league.
As for Mitchell Pearce. Surely you jest. World class players don’t choke on the big stage the amount of times he has, whether it be for NSW or at club level.
If Pearce was world class, the Roosters wouldn’t have bombed out so meekly 3 years in finals since 2014.
I can understand your frivolous use of the term world class, considering the quality of fullbacks and halves the Bulldogs have had in recent times.
I rate ponga as world class on potential. And once he is given a permanent starting spot you wil agree too. The kid is a freak. And as
much as im not a fan of pearce he is a premiership winning half who has played many origins and finals, so yes, he is world class.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My gut all along has been the Raiders. The moment Josh Hodgson went down, their season went down. He's by far their most important and best player.

I'm going to throw a smokey for the spoon out there people might not like.... Bulldogs. To be fair we've got key players with massive question marks on them where they could either be world beaters or losers in the end.
No chance mate. Id put my house on it. Cant believe any dogs fan would suggest this.

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My tip is the Balmain Magpies. Some are tipping Manly as a chance and anything is possible but even as the Northern Eagles and their 1st year back after that era they couldn't manage the spoon. In fact Manly has never won the spoon. Ivan Cleary has a big challenge I reckon and their starting line up to me is pretty poor.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Just looked on Sportsbet. We are 3rd favourite for wooden spoon. Fuck you des. That hurts.
Nah, actually getting the spoon would hurt. Which i doubt will happen.

I'll go tigers.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, actually getting the spoon would hurt. Which i doubt will happen.

I'll go tigers.
I can't see us getting the spoon. Its good that the bookies have written us off as well. Bring it on

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread now with 100% more polls!

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Something similar could have been said about Jonathon Thurston when he was surplus to requirements at the Bulldogs . The Cows wanted to keep Ponga more than the Dogs wanted to keep Thurston. Maybe some fans at the Cows said something similar years ago ' Why are we buying a half who couldn't displace Sherwin ( I think at the time?) is too small and can't tackle' The Cows and Thurston had huge wraps on Ponga and Thurston tried as hard as he could to get him to stay, a better endorsement than what any of us think I reckon.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something similar could have been said about Jonathon Thurston when he was surplus to requirements at the Bulldogs . The Cows wanted to keep Ponga more than the Dogs wanted to keep Thurston. Maybe some fans at the Cows said something similar years ago ' Why are we buying a half who couldn't displace Sherwin ( I think at the time?) is too small and can't tackle' The Cows and Thurston had huge wraps on Ponga and Thurston tried as hard as he could to get him to stay, a better endorsement than what any of us think I reckon.
Ponga might turn out to become world class, but he’s not there yet, not by a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.