Frawley?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Frawley kicked a ball so hard 5 metres out from the attaching try line it moved passed the dead ball line like a bullet - you can’t be kicking that inconsistently - surely??
Best part of that was just before that the dogs got a penalty... Lichaa, Mbye and Foran were discussing what to do and then Frawley came in over them and said to work for a repeat set. Good plan if you can actually do it Frawls.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley kicked a ball so hard 5 metres out from the attaching try line it moved passed the dead ball line like a bullet - you can’t be kicking that inconsistently - surely??
Oh yeah i remember that one, i was thinking wtf at the time, it didn't even look like staying in the in-goal area even for a second :laughing:

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Matt Frawley is not right man to partner Kieran Foran, yes he has level head but so has Kieran Foran. Yes he is a good talker on field but so is Kieran Foran, look the point here is they are pretty similar in playing styles but Foran just does it way better.

Bulldogs have had a problem recently with halves not complementing each other ( mbye&reynolds) both were running halves, but neither can direct a team around the park that well. Frawley was given a chance last year to help steer the team around & at best did a average job.

Now 2018 enter Kieran Foran& with his experience and ability to steer his troops around the park won't be a problem this year, BUT the bulldogs need a X-factor at five-eight someone like a (Albert Kelly) with good turn of speed, nice fancy footwork and ability to break the line.

Maybe Mbye at five-eight & Will Hopoate back to fullback, if the Canterbury Bulldogs are going to be any chance of fighting there way into the top 8 they need the right man to partner Kieran Foran because most would agree it's not Matt Frawley simple as that!

Last edited:

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Way to early to judge mate, they could set the world on fire you never know.
But i do agree with an x factor inside or outside of Foz.
I'd take Blake Austin anyday to partner Foz .

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of his kicks was a schocker on the weekend booted the crap over the ingoal line

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We desperately need someone to stir us around.

Reactions: DT

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
While I agree he didn't exactly take his chance with both hands last week it is only our first trial and it was a pretty ordinary game in terms of showcasing anything the backs could do. So much stop and start and a forward driven approach didn't really let the backs (any of them) show much. Yes his in goal kick was a shocker but it was the only one he had a chance to do. If he plays again this week and does a couple more then Houston we have a problem but I'm not going to sack him on one kick. I mean its not like he is Eastwood or something.....

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading one of the lurkers articles recently about a club where half wantkng rookie to partner him as they are gelling at training but coach doesnt agree.
Wonder if its our club. Lurker probably made it up, but maybe Foz wants Marshall King or lewis to partner him. Marshall King looked pretty confident in first trial game.
Agee with comments on Frawley. He just looks too passive and not a game breaker with no real x factor at all.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know who should partner Foz but I definitely know that it shouldn’t be Mbye until he has a proper run at fullback.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Conversely I’m glad we didn’t get Sezer back

He had a shocker at 6 but looked better at hooker

After watching the trial Benji bother should be 6

What happened to Woodford? Best trainer no game time

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's just see what happens against Penrith. Frawley still has his nose infront, it's up to the others to change Pay's mind.
I'd be keen to see how Marshall-King goes against tiring first graders for 10-15 mins at the back of the first half.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley is on minimum wage and off contract. If he under performs his an easy fix. Id be more worried about the players that are on massive salaries in our squad who we are not getting value for money from i.e Mbye Tolman Eastwood.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Frawley is on minimum wage and off contract. If he under performs his an easy fix. Id be more worried about the players that are on massive salaries in our squad who we are not getting value for money from i.e Mbye Tolman Eastwood.
For good or bad Eastwood will be gone next year, free's up the $800k.

Mbye & Tolman we have for another 2 years unless we can offload Tolman to the Knights for a Cogger swap, and these are the only two I can really think of on Des massive backend contracts left thankfully. The club will have millions at the end of this season to use, Morris Brothers, Eastwood, Graham..

After trial performance I would be happy to throw King in with Foran and see how he runs as a alongside him as a young gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.