Bulldogs Trial Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Cleeland will improve immensely if teamed with Foran.
He had to play beside Marshall who completely ignored him and passed to forwards.
Marshall must have got his hands on Haslers notebook.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Cleeland will improve immensely if teamed with Foran.
He had to play beside Marshall who completely ignored him and passed to forwards.
Marshall must have got his hands on Haslers notebook.
Im not so sure on cleland,he went mia during the reggies final series last year not a good sign for a half

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
RE: Cleeland, I just don't think he will step up.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
that link doesnt work or is there a trick to downloadind it?
Yeah the link worked, I’m watching it through my daughter’s Wii U on my Full HD widescreen now looks great! Thanks
that link doesnt work or is there a trick to downloadind it?
Yeah I tried the link and it worked. I’m watching it on my daughter’s Wii U at the moment. Looks great on my Full HD widescreen!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...in-over-canberra-raiders-20180217-h0w91s.html

Kieran Foran quiet as Michael Lichaa steals show for Canterbury Bulldogs in trial win over Canberra Raiders

• Laine Clark

All eyes might have been on marquee signing Kieran Foran but hooker Michael Lichaa has stolen the show in Canterbury's 16-12 NRL trial win over Canberra on the Sunshine Coast.

Foran had a quiet first half on Saturday night in his Bulldogs debut with a handful of touches in a new-look spine featuring Moses Mbye at fullback.

Wrapped up: The Bulldogs defence gets busy against the Raiders on the Sunshine Coast. Photo: NRL Imagery

However, Lichaa made the difference in the first half, opening the scoring before setting up Greg Eastwood to give the Bulldogs a 12-0 halftime lead.

After a second-half Raiders comeback, Josh Bergamin scored the match winner in the dying moments.

The win was a perfect start for new coach Dean Pay and welcome news for the Bulldogs, who have overcome a tumultuous period with chairman Ray Dib being ousted by Lynne Anderson.

Five-eighth Foran showed no signs of the shoulder, back and quadriceps issues that have troubled him for years and forced him to miss New Zealand's Rugby League World Cup campaign.

The Bulldogs were without their other big-name signing - Test prop Aaron Woods - due to a hamstring injury.

Canberra were a different side in the second half with playmaker Blake Austin finally unleashed.

They cut the deficit to 12-6 by the 44th minute when Sam Williams set up forward Sia Soliola to crash over.

Soliola was lucky to be there. The hulking forward had to be rescued on Wednesday off Alexandra Headlands during the Raiders' week-long Queensland stay when caught in a rip.

Canberra's Makahesi Makatoa levelled the scores when he ran off Craig Garvey to score in the 71st minute.

Garvey is vying for the Raiders' hooker role with Siliva Havili in the absence of English international Josh Hodgson, who is out until April with a knee injury.

Pay used a 32-strong squad while Raiders coach Ricky Stuart utilised 26 players.

It might have been the opening trial but there was plenty of feeling with Canberra's Junior Paulo and the Bulldogs' Adam Elliott sin binned in the 24th minute for an off-the-ball incident.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet a few teams are kicking themselves that they didn't sign Lichaa when he was unwanted by the club last year. I hope he continues to improve.
I have to say after watching the trial I have changed my tune about him , he can actually pass the ball. Makes a big difference with the forwards actually making runs rather than being flat footed . I don't think the edict of being told not to run from dummy half was his issue , seems to have been the forwards were stifling him due to the game plan

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com....an-after-his-bulldogs-debut-in-trial/3338217/

Praise for Foran after his first game for Bulldogs
18th Feb 2018 5:00 AM | Updated: 11:02 AM

by Steele Taylor

RUGBY LEAGUE: Bulldogs coach Dean Pay has lauded the performance of much-hyped off-season signing Kieran Foran, following his first outing for the club.

The 27-year-old played the first half of the team's 16-12 victory over the Raiders in a trial at the Sunshine Coast, directing play with authority.

"I thought he was really good," Pay said.

"He had some really good touches and he looks fit and strong again, which is like the old Kieran that he was at Manly.

"He's done a really good job of working on himself to getting himself to back to where he is."

Foran is at his fourth club in four years but on Saturday he appeared immediately at home in the blue and white.

He guided them to a 12-0 half-time lead with a string of accurate passes and short kicks. He also barked plenty of orders.

"He's a quality player and that's what we want him to do," Pay said.

"He needs to sort of take the leadership and the reins of the team so it's really good for us."

Pay, in his first game as coach of the Bulldogs, is eager to turn things around at the club which missed out on finals last year.

"We want our fans to be excited about our footy team," he said.

New captain Josh Jackson was a force while David Klemmer proved a menace.

Moses Mbye was solid in his first outing as Bulldogs fullback.

"He was good. It's only his first game (there) so he's only going to get better," Pay said.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where are all the Tolman lovers? Does anyone still want him to start at lock instead of Danny F. RFM and Danny F will be household names by years end. They will complement Jackson Klemmer and Woods very nicely. Are starting pack is gun. Im not to fussed about the bench as these 5 starters will play most of the mins.
Some talk about Tolman ending up at manly this year especially now that Lussick looks like he will be out for a few months

All depends on Manly's salary cap issue being resolved

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to say after watching the trial I have changed my tune about him , he can actually pass the ball. Makes a big difference with the forwards actually making runs rather than being flat footed . I don't think the edict of being told not to run from dummy half was his issue , seems to have been the forwards were stifling him due to the game plan
Spot on i said this all last year when ppl were bagging him that the main issue was flat running and forwards running deeper into the ball will be a different game

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I noticed tolman clay preist and woodsy didnt play.
Who impressed me apart from klem jacko and lichaa...
Fualo
Ogden
Fine
Easywood
Rfm
Foran
Marshall king
Tualau
Okundor
Burr
The most disappointing ones were
Cleeland
Ryse martin
The lazy fat half we got from cronulla

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a good feeling Ofahiki Ogden will develop into a decent prop in the future he may have a shot into FG at some point this year. I really like what I saw, can make meters and is really hard to put down.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is the next trial against?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Klemmer is going to be huge so will Lichaa both have the dogs of war mentality .

Klemmer reminded me of Ennis..his niggle caused the opposition to lose their focus

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was good to see us not get raped in the first half like we did last year due to the polar bear midgets toolman and greyham

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this weeks trial televised or live streamed again

Status
Not open for further replies.