Josh Jackson named Bulldogs captain!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s with the “if you’re Captain at the dogs it means you will leave the club” Britt retired from NRL and he was captain, Andrew Ryan also retired as Captain. Not all Captains at the dogs leave to other NRL clubs u know

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every player who captains the dogs they alwas get shafted couple years into it. Can name plenty of them since Steve price.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FUCKING GREAT NEWS!! Not unexpected, but great news. I am also glad to hear the news now so that it is one other thing out of the way before the season begins.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Awesome! I think he will be captain for a long, long time! :grinning:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The article on nrl.com tells a great story. I get the feeling jackson will be our captain until he retires.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May well be NSW captain if Cordner's knee keeps playing up..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every player who captains the dogs they alwas get shafted couple years into it. Can name plenty of them since Steve price.
Pricey? He took his millions and ran to Aotearoa (NZ)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would love to celebrate at least one more with my kids...
1 premiership in the next sixty years seems infinitely doable Tank. You are giving the team a real free ride.

Jacko is captain
But leadership group includes;
Tolman vice
Klemmer
Woods
Foran

They will announce it closer to season start
They want jacko to shine up front first

Loving dean pay more by the day
First moves Mbye and has the balls to try something to spark attack

Then retains lichaa
And now goes with jacko over tolman as captain. Jacko should be a 5year plus capt
Excellent
Season can’t come quick enough
The Morris boys should be part of the leadership group too.

Pricey? He took his millions and ran to Aotearoa (NZ)
If the grapevine is to be believed Price left to get away from poker machine addiction and not entirely to cash in on a big pay packet.

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
All our captains that got the boot were under Hasbeen.
Ennis, Graham and Pritchard as VC.
Now that Hasbeen has left the house, Jackson has nothing to worry about.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have announced Josh Jackson as captain as part of a huge off-season of change at the club.

The NSW forward was unveiled as the Bulldogs captain during the club's pre-season camp in Terrigal on Wednesday, replacing the departed James Graham as skipper under the new Dean Pay regime.

Graham took on the full-time captaincy duties following the departure of Michael Ennis to the Cronulla Sharks in 2015, developing a cult following with his emotional style of leadership.

Jackson was the obvious candidate to replace the Englishman, who was squeezed out of the club to link with the St George Illawarra Dragons at the end of last year.

"I don't really know what to say. It's quite emotional. I love this and I'll do anything for this club and the boys," Jackson said choking back tears in front of more than 150 closest friends and family in Terrigal.

"It's a great honour and extremely proud moment for me. I don't think anything else in my career can top this. Thanks Deano, thanks to Ray and the board. Thanks for all the positive changes the last few months. B This has really been the most enjoyable preseason and most rewarding preseason that I have been a part of in my career."

"I have no doubt that this year is going to be a successful year. we've worked extremely hard the last few months, we have a great bunch of boys. I know it's a great responsibility but we've got the team to do it. We have the belief and we just want to put forward a team that everybody is going to be proud of."

Bulldogs back-rower Josh Jackson.©Robb Cox/NRL Photos
Former Wests Tigers captain Aaron Woods, who only started training with the Bulldogs last week, is the only other player at the club with any genuine captaincy experience.

Fellow recruit Kieran Foran also has some level of experience as skipper following a brief stint as captain of the Parramatta Eels, however Pay was reluctant to add unnecessary pressure on the two newcomers.

Jackson's appointment, ahead of prop Aiden Tolman, is just the latest change in a significant period in the club's history, with Pay replacing Des Hasler as coach and Andrew Hill replacing Raelene Castle as chief executive.

"Jacko is someone you want in your side," prop David Klemmer told NRL.com.

"He's an outstanding leader and he will treat that as a big bonus for him and he will go to another level. He's going to lead this club.

"He just does the little things in the game. He will lift you. Those little things win you football games. Seeing him do that lifts you as a player as well. He is a clubman off the field and will serve the club really well."

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prequesite to being captain is that you have to live in Como, Oyster Bay or Kareela. Ennis then Graham and now Jackson.

Good choice btw especially as he is a player who plays long minutes. With Foran in the halves he doesn't have to worry about trying to organise our attack.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Congrats to Jacko. I just hope it doesn't add unnecessary pressure to him or change his game. He leads by example and is calm which is really what we need in dealing with refs.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
A country boy. Shades of Darren Britt from back in the day.
Same as Ryan from Dubbo, just hope they don't dump to much shit on his plate and let him concentrate on his game.
J Moz for vice captain in 2018, a good strategist.

Status
Not open for further replies.