Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a question to all that are hating on this signing, what would you prefer the club do? Do you prefer Frawley, Cleeland or Brown?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Honestly the shit some people say :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

He had a fucking pelvis injury, how often do you hear of NRL players getting pelvis injuries and having to have surgery? He was out for months and missed plenty of training yet people thought a 19 year old was going to get thrown back into firstgrade? Like c'mon..

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a question to all that are hating on this signing, what would you prefer the club do? Do you prefer Frawley, Cleeland or Brown?
I like the Cogger signing, looks to be best interests of the club.
In saying this, I also havent seen Frawley play for us with someone the calibre of Foran beside him. Havent seen enough of what Cleeland can offer either. From what ive seen of Brown, he will be an excellent 14.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like the Sea Eagles are chasing Hodko that hard, Cogger might get released in the next couple of weeks.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame the Sea Eagles aren't after Frawley. That would probably work out well for everybody

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's a shame the Sea Eagles aren't after Frawley. That would probably work out well for everybody
Don’t see how Hodkinson fits in that team. They should after someone like Cleeland who would complement DCEs style.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don’t see how Hodkinson fits in that team. They should after someone like Cleeland who would complement DCEs style.
Cleeland wouldn't, Manly need more of a halfback to partner DCE.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cleeland wouldn't, Manly need more of a halfback to partner DCE.
You think so? DCE controls the side pretty well and in my opinion needs more of a running 5/8 with a decent kicking game. A source that I trust says that DCE needs to feel like he is in control of the team or otherwise will throw a tantrum. It’s why he liked playing next to Blake Green, who plays similar to Cleeland but obviously he is a smarter player then Cleeland so it would be a gamble.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Once we get cogger youd think wed lose cleland

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You think so? DCE controls the side pretty well and in my opinion needs more of a running 5/8 with a decent kicking game. A source that I trust says that DCE needs to feel like he is in control of the team or otherwise will throw a tantrum. It’s why he liked playing next to Blake Green, who plays similar to Cleeland but obviously he is a smarter player then Cleeland so it would be a gamble.
How does green play like Cleeland? I’m interested in how you see that

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Na don't agree with that. DCE needs a steady hand hand next to him, someone that can keep the side organised and get them through the game. Foran and Green could do it while Walker couldn't, no suprises to see DCE to play his worst footy partnered with Walker. I also don't think Cleeland is anything like Green.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How does green play like Cleeland? I’m interested in how you see that
The way he moves around is very similar. Not someone that can control a game on his own. He will take the line on occasionally and is good in setting up teammates. Not flash but a good solid number 2 half option is what I meant by the comparison.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way he moves around is very similar. Not someone that can control a game on his own. He will take the line on occasionally and is good in setting up teammates. Not flash but a good solid number 2 half option is what I meant by the comparison.
Gotta say that I havn’t seen heaps of either player, but I always thought green was pass first, organising type, thinks ahead etc. whereas Cleeland is run first, low level organiser.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gotta say that I havn’t seen heaps of either player, but I always thought green was pass first, organising type, thinks ahead etc. whereas Cleeland is run first, low level organiser.
Green id say is more mature in terms of play while Cleeland is more eccentric but in terms of play style I do see a lot of Green in Cleeland in terms of level of kicking and organizing.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He might be just what we need a cog in the wheels
He might be! I font know a hell of a lot about him. Not bagging him. I just think he has a funny name.
Hopefully he develops into a really good player. Sounds like he has plenty of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.