Australia Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
They will eventually change the date which I'm not here or there about really, change it if it helps. But I do take offence with calling it invasion day. My family took no part of those things and I was not alive so I do not have anything to answer for. Don't try and make me.

My oldest friend is Aboriginal. As a little kid I didn't care as I don't now of course. He is just my friend. I don't feel I have to be sorry for anything to do with racism against aboriginals.
It makes no sense to change the date.
No invasion happened on the 26th. None. there was a peaceful settlement, and then when a few aboriginals raided a farm two years later it caused a war.

Modern day Oz is linked to the 26th. It’s logical.

And if you pander to the Minority of inner city hippies and city aboriginals (country ones don’t really care) it don’t stop there.

The Rudd apology was meant to fix things. ABSTUDY, abo legal aid, free uni was also meant to fix it.
You change the date, you’ll be left looking like a cuckold while they move on to the next thing to complain about, while there is a victim mentality in place, where aboriginals are told their ills aren’t in their hands, the vicious cycle will continue.

The date stays!

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the West leaves the Middle East completely tomorrow. What happens?

In your own words and opinion.
not sure but

there were no afghan refugees before Russian invasion and war on terror
there were no Iraqi refugees before the American invasions
there were no Palestinian refugees before the Zionist/ UN invasion
there were no Syrian refugees before anti Syrian Gov. militants/ Alqaeda were given weapons and support by Americans.

so yeah I am not sure, but I do know there was no refugees flooding western nations before the western/ USA/ UN invasions of their homelands.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
not sure but

there were no afghan refugees before Russian invasion and war on terror
there were no Iraqi refugees before the American invasions
there were no Palestinian refugees before the Zionist/ UN invasion
there were no Syrian refugees before anti Syrian Gov. militants/ Alqaeda were given weapons and support by Americans.

so yeah I am not sure, but I do know there was no refugees flooding western nations before the western/ USA/ UN invasions of their homelands.
One of the reasons America pours money into a lot of these countries is they are trying to orecent exactly this, a refugee influx into Europe.

When the USA leaves, the taliban takes over unopposed. This will lead to multiple tragedies and oppression, which in turn will lead to everyone trying to escape, millions at a time.

What will happen in your opinion when the West leaves and leaves the takiban to its own devices ?

I too wonder, but I think unless we have the stomach to say no to people pouring across the border, so the West is untouched. it will be a true tragedy for all. Either way the place goes berserk.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the reasons America pours money into a lot of these countries is they are trying to orecent exactly this, a refugee influx into Europe.

When the USA leaves, the taliban takes over unopposed. This will lead to multiple tragedies and oppression, which in turn will lead to everyone trying to escape, millions at a time.

What will happen in your opinion when the West leaves and leaves the takiban to its own devices ?

I too wonder, but I think unless we have the stomach to say no to people pouring across the border, so the West is untouched. it will be a true tragedy for all. Either way the place goes berserk.

who created talibaan? who created Alqaeda?

who supported Saddam in his early days , who supported Bin Laden in his early days and who funded him weapons and also supported to create Alqaeda against the Russians?

Where was Talibaan 20 years ago? War on terror was supposed to end Al Qaeda and Talibaan, isn't it?

now we have multiple off shoots of Talibaan and Alqaeda after 17 years of constant bombing of middle east and guess what MORE REFUGEES. Oh did I mention ISIS?

Tell me one place , one single place on this planet where US/WEST/NATO have been successful finishing of terrorism? name one!

All US/WEST/NATO has done is create more terrorism, terrorists, innocents deaths and more refugees.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No invasion happened on the 26th. None. there was a peaceful settlement, and then when a few aboriginals raises a farm two years later it caused a war.

And if you landed to the Minority of inner city hippies and city aboriginals (country ones don’t really care) it don’t stop there.

The Rudd apology was meant to fix things. ABSTUDY, abo legal aid, free uni was also meant to fix it.
You change the date, you’ll be left looking like a cuckold while they move on to the next thing to complain about, while there is a victim mentality in place, where aboriginals are told their ills aren’t in their hands, the vicious cycle will continue.

The date stays!
Very hard to argue there mate

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No invasion happened on the 26th. None. there was a peaceful settlement, and then when a few aboriginals raises a farm two years later it caused a war.

And if you landed to the Minority of inner city hippies and city aboriginals (country ones don’t really care) it don’t stop there.

The date stays!
I don’t think the date should be changed either..however I think you need to check your historical facts..in particular the concept of ‘Terra Nullius’..which is where the problem lies..as there was no formalised treaty between the two groups..(such as the 1840 Waitangi Treaty in NZ or even the 1794 Treaty of Canandaigua in reference to New York with the Native American Indians) as it was believed it was not needed as Australia was wrongfully declared as not ‘occupied’..even though Cook in his report made reference to inhabitants..And as for the Rudd ‘sorry’ that was primarily for the Stolen Generation..something entirely different..as are the other things you mentioned..

Last edited:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Negative people , terrorists, date changers and the like, stay out of this thread please.

Lets talk about how this great country is and what is the best thing you find about this great country of ours.

Personally for me the freedom of religion every one enjoys here is second to none.

what about you?
I will be celebrating Republic Day as well as Australia Day
For those of you who don't know 26 Jan is Republic day back in India

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I will be celebrating Republic Day as well as Australia Day
For those of you who don't know 26 Jan is Republic day back in India
Up in Newcastle we will be celebrating our Banana Republic being run by the Klu Klux Klan.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think the date should be changed either..however I think you need to check your historical facts..in particular the concept of ‘Terra Nullius’..which is where the problem lies..as there was no formalised treaty between the two groups..(such as the 1840 Waitangi Treaty in NZ or even the 1794 Treaty of Canandaigua in reference to New York with the Native American Indians) as it was believed it was not needed as Australia was wrongfully declared as not ‘occupied’..even though Cook in his report made reference to inhabitants..And as for the Rudd ‘sorry’ that was primarily for the Stolen Generation..something entirely different..as are the other things you mentioned..
Good summary mr 95.
But if they aren’t going to change the date the PM needs to come out and address it.
He needs to explain why in a national statement. And try to take the protest feelings in a different direction.
I feel the date change is inevitable

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good summary mr 95.
But if they aren’t going to change the date the PM needs to come out and address it.
He needs to explain why in a national statement. And try to take the protest feelings in a different direction.
Why the fuck does the government need to come out and make a big thing about this? It’s only crazy fkn leftists and some abos who want the date changed. Let’s not make it bigger than it needs to be. It’s best too ignore them like you do withcrying babies when they want something.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good summary mr 95.
I think they have to address the Treaty idea..like in NZ..to officially recognise they were occupying the land..but truthfully I don’t like the idea of changing the date.. April 29 1770 when Cook landed is the date that really is the one Indigenous Australians should be more focused on..

Last edited:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
***** should stop whinging.
Kind of not the point though.

If the Japanese erected a statue in Darwin and celebrated the bombing of the harbour in 1942 every February, you might be on the right track.
It’s nothing like that.
Many people who were involved in that attack, from both sides, are still around today.
In 2250 I doubt if anyone would give a fuck about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
I promise if an Australian complains, my great, great, great, great grandson will tell them to stop whinging too.

N

Natboy

Some of you know I’m indigenous.
99% of us couldn’t give a fuck about Australia Day being changed.
The only people that care are wanker lefties.
Someone was always going to colonise here and it could’ve been much worse if it was the Portuguese etc.
As a matter of fact I am boycotting the Triple J hottest 100 for the first time ever because of this divide they have made.

I only read a few comments here and sorry don’t want to get involved in Middle East politics stuff because frankly they are always at war.

Have a great Australia Day everyone and don’t listen to the vegans who are offended for people they don’t even know. My land bitch but enjoy and go the dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Someone was always going to colonise here and it could’ve been much worse if it was the Portuguese etc.
As a matter of fact I am boycotting the Triple J hottest 100 for the first time ever because of this divide they have made.

I only read a few comments here and sorry don’t want to get involved in Middle East politics stuff because frankly they are always at war.

Have a great Australia Day everyone and don’t listen to the vegans who are offended for people they don’t even know. My land bitch but enjoy and go the dogs
Superb post @Natboy .... didn't realise you were indigenous...

Absolutely agree with you.... many of those wanting the day changed probably aren't even 1/110000000000000th Aboriginal.

N

Natboy

Superb post @Natboy .... didn't realise you were indigenous...

Absolutely agree with you.... many of those wanting the day changed probably aren't even 1/110000000000000th Aboriginal.
Cheers mate. I try to avoid these sort of things but this year has pissed me off too much. Most of us will say you’re either aboriginal or you’re not and there’s no percentages but these tosser greenies walked past someone outside redfern station and all of a sudden think they are Ernie Dingo. Please!
Instead of wasting all of this bullshit and throwing money down the toilet concentrate of educating people how to look after themselves & make a decent life. It’s as annoying as this jamberoo ad I’ve clicked on 60 times & it still won’t close!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Fair enough..thanks for the insight..I think your comment about education and helping people get a better life nailed it..

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Fuck yeah

Thank you mate for this post.

I stand and applause

Post of the thread by far

I wish you would post on these topics far more.

A lot of sjw's could learn a lot from guys like you.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Throwing money at people who have no idea how to manage it is just useless
Again I agree
I was talking to an African man a few years ago who said the same thing about Africa and encouraged me not to pay to world vision

Status
Not open for further replies.