Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did see the quote but noticed the second part was outside of the inverted commas so wasnt sure if that part was added by journalist

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You've got to take a chance every now and then. I don't mind this signing and hope he can be released for 2018. We do have a lot of halves options but none that really stand out.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty dumb comment from pay if true as not good for the playing group
What's dumb about the comment? He is simply saying he wants to test combinations on the field instead of just the training paddock. I'd be annoyed if he didn't say something like that. Suppose he came out and said Frawley and Foran are it without a ball being played in anger. What would that do to the others? What would it do to everyone on here that has been complaining for years that Des wouldn't look at options?

Malla

Reaction score
If the halves have any balls they will fight for their position. It will be a good thing if we clear the dead wood players like Frawley if anyone thinks we are winning a comp or even making the finals with him at halfback then they are in dreamland.
Agree. If they pack up and leave for the next club looking for an open spot they're not first grade material.

N

Natboy

What's dumb about the comment? He is simply saying he wants to test combinations on the field instead of just the training paddock. I'd be annoyed if he didn't say something like that. Suppose he came out and said Frawley and Foran are it without a ball being played in anger. What would that do to the others? What would it do to everyone on here that has been complaining for years that Des wouldn't look at options?
I was going to say the same thing.
Healthy competition is always better than pick & stick!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree. If they pack up and leave for the next club looking for an open spot they're not first grade material.
Not like any of them have the right to walk into a firstgrade squad either, they're all reserve graders.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to Cogger starting here in 2019. That will give the guys we have here a chance to see if they can cut it or not in 2018.
I really like the way Cleeland plays, and believe he can be very good with good players around him, unlike the reggies.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
I've been told he wasn't dropped it was a pelvis injury that kept him out of first grade. If that's the case then maybe that's a good argument against your case.
I was told his defence was to bad and he put to much pressure on the players around him the seniors players had enough

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told his defence was to bad and he put to much pressure on the players around him the seniors players had enough
Most hb arent good at 1 on 1 tackle. They rely on players around them for assistance. If thats how their senior players feel, cant blame him for wanting to leave. Doubt thats the case tho.
Even if true, some people here could live with brenko so shouldnt have any prob in accepting jack.

A

Alexander the Great

Most hb arent good at 1 on 1 tackle. They rely on players around them for assistance. If thats how their senior players feel, cant blame him for wanting to leave. Doubt thats the case tho.
Even if true, some people here could live with brenko so shouldnt have any prob in accepting jack.
Good point mate they always have a forward alongside them if the defence is lacking...

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
it puts the players defending around him in too minds wether or not hes gunna miss all the time they don't wont to play with a guy like that. brenko lees a bad defender but hes still defends better than cogger and shows more with the ball

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Rubbish Lee was the worst defender in nrl.

His attack was awesome when he didn’t have a brain fart but his defence is not even funny

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If thats really the big issue, then I will counter by saying that Maloney is a good example of a quality half who is historically one of the players with the most missed tackles in the comp. He missed the second most in the NRL for 2017.

If the kid can offer enough in attack then I'm sure we can deal with it. He's still young and has time to bulk up as well as work on that aspect of his game.

I don't put too much stock into that BTW, I suspect it's more likely that he wasn't given as many opportunities because of his age, being further down in Newcastle's depth / the other guys ahead of him probably showing just that bit more.

Last edited:

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay said “we’d jump at the chance if Jack became available now’’, and would have no issues plonking the eight-game rookie in the halves on the back of a late club preparation
So you want Pay to sit back and wait for Jack to be released?How did I get shut down when I know exactly what's going on?Don't try to private message me brother.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
So you want Pay to sit back and wait for Jack to be released?How did I get shut down when I know exactly what's going on?Don't try to private message me brother.
Don't be butthurt mate, just calling what's been said.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Butthurt?Wow far from it bud.All good.
I mean no disrespect I meant that clearly pay has made it clear if Cogger can get released he’s the 7 unless he fucks it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.