Bulldogs sign Jack Cogger for 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think if he starts kicking and screaming he will get a release... only problem is the damage to his reputation.
He should use the excuse like many others have when signed to another club in another city "Compassionate ground" this kid is from Greenacre so I guess being away from family might be a good enough reason to ask for an early release?
I just hope this kid is good, but I rate his chances much better with Pay as coach then if we still had Fraudsler mentoring this kid!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I find it a bit hard to justify this signing if it is true. He plays for the worst team in the NRL and cant crack first grade there.
He is being held out by players who are struggling to get a start anywhere. Now Pearce is there, he drops even further down the order.
I would love to be wrong, but I have severe doubts. I would have him at about 4th choice at the Dogs.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The next Cooper Cronk- aka the successor to Cronk's currently held title of silliest sounding name in league.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sweet, so 2018 is a write off for us if he doesn't get a release... lol lol

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was out of the blue and something we haven't been used to at Belmore for quite some time. Feels good to sign a young halves prospect, even if he's an unknown quantity.

It's going to be an exciting season if we snare him for this year.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"Meanwhile, Knights back-rower Lachlan Fitzgibbon has urged close mate Brock Lamb to “stick around” at the club long term, claiming Mitchell Pearce’s influence will be good for him in the long run.'

Yep, Pearce is into Dogs as well!

Sherlock Holmes

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Pay is also preparing to have plenty of options if Foran gets injured or misses a few games this year too. The more combinations the better

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Pay is also preparing to have plenty of options if Foran gets injured or misses a few games this year too. The more combinations the better
If we don’t get Cogger and Foran goes down we will be lucky to avoid the spoon....

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Low Dogs Newcastle holding the boy back, no faith in him but won’t release him in case it back fires

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently hes a traditional type of halfback like nathan cleary but obviously less experienced

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I want to know is if this kid can kick goals and by kick goals I don’t mean hit and hope like Mbye

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His dad was a very good player as well. Trevor Cogger.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
His dad was a very good player as well. Trevor Cogger.
He was a willing footballer, typical of the era, but it would be a stretch to classify him as a very good player. He wasn't in the top 50% in his time.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is a very very talented halfback.Spoke to a mate of his and the bloke said great things about him.
Big call from pay signing such a young player a year ahead of time normally they do that with a big name,pay must rate him,awkward situation if one of our other young halves kill it this year

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds more like back up with a chance to prove himself. He's apparently leaving the Knights 'cause he has no chance of playing first grade there with Pearce coming in, but he has a chance of playing for us if he proves himself.
This signing raises more questions than it answers. It shakes and unsettles things more than it improves. Let's say Cogger is given an early release and partners Foran in 2018 what happens to Frawley? The bloke has been training with the team in the halves and has just started to work on combinations with Foran. What would he be thinking? What happens to Cleeland? His name has been mentioned a few times this off-season. There is no doubt that the bloke is looking forward to 2018 and getting an opportunity. Cogger's signing is extremely demoralising to him you would think. What about Nu Brown? This signing suggests that he will only ever be a utility.

Maybe you are right and Cogger is only a depth signing? But then what happens to Lewis and Benji's bro King (because Cogger and Cleeland would be the halves for the isp side).

This is a conundrum. Someone needs to help me and the club solve this.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I find it a bit hard to justify this signing if it is true. He plays for the worst team in the NRL and cant crack first grade there.
He is being held out by players who are struggling to get a start anywhere. Now Pearce is there, he drops even further down the order.
I would love to be wrong, but I have severe doubts. I would have him at about 4th choice at the Dogs.
What if Thurston was 20 and playing for a bottom end team yet to prove himself (perhaps even injured the previous year) - doesn’t mean he is no good. Just not necessarily ready - time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.