Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I dont think thats anyones decision but his tbh.
Not true. If the doctors flat out say no you aren't playing then he simply isn't playing. The club can also refuse to play him if they feel there is enough doubt, Parra did it with IDG last season.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not true. If the doctors flat out say no you aren't playing then he simply isn't playing. The club can also refuse to play him if they feel there is enough doubt, Parra did it with IDG last season.
Thats not what i meant. What i meant is that it doesnt matter if you or i think he is fat or lazy, because if the doctors clear him and he wants to play, then he will play. His decision.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He should go to the Storm if he wants to lose weight

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it just me or are all the jokes about Aaron Woods being a girl with long hair getting boring?? I think he will be a great signing, who cares about his hairstyle. Big minute prop with a great selective offload. He has had some great rep games and some poor ones but at NRL level he has always been class.
He's cut his hair now to about the same length as our legend Geoff Robinson had in his playing days and Robo was a pure beast !

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's cut his hair now to about the same length as our legend Geoff Robinson had in his playing days and Robo was a pure beast !
Im just glad you didnt say our legend Raelene Castle

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly my point. People make out he’s ballooned our all of a sudden.
He’s played first grade and for his country for a long time.
Clearly fitter than he looks
I saw a dressing room photo of him last season and he had a 6 pack. I doubt he will ever play more than 5kgs lighter than he is now. He's just a big bloke. I really hope he gets over his heart problem because I think this year he is going to be the beast of old. He doesn't have the Des plan confusing him. All his old mates are now retired and he probably thinks he has another contract in him so with 100 kids to feed and a new coach who understands forward play I just think he will go really well.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw a dressing room photo of him last season and he had a 6 pack. I doubt he will ever play more than 5kgs lighter than he is now. He's just a big bloke. I really hope he gets over his heart problem because I think this year he is going to be the beast of old. He doesn't have the Des plan confusing him. All his old mates are now retired and he probably thinks he has another contract in him so with 100 kids to feed and a new coach who understands forward play I just think he will go really well.
Would you play him at the expense of someone like Tualau?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you play him at the expense of someone like Tualau?
If he comes back with his head screwed on he is still one of the most damaging forwards in the game - so yes I would. He's only 30, has been an international and offers plenty - if in the right head space. I like Francis even more than Danny F. Those 2 and even RFM promise to deliver good footy. We already know Eastwood has. It's just a matter of whether he can do it again. If you want an example of how a coach can change a player look at Mitchell Moses. I didn't think he was worth 2 bob playing for the Tigers. Goes to the Eels and within 7 days he looks like a world beater. Can't underestimate the power of confidence that a coach can give. I am hoping, more than knowing, that the change from Des to Dean will have the same effect for a few of our players, Eastwood included.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he comes back with his head screwed on he is still one of the most damaging forwards in the game - so yes I would. He's only 30, has been an international and offers plenty - if in the right head space. I like Francis even more than Danny F. Those 2 and even RFM promise to deliver good footy. We already know Eastwood has. It's just a matter of whether he can do it again. If you want an example of how a coach can change a player look at Mitchell Moses. I didn't think he was worth 2 bob playing for the Tigers. Goes to the Eels and within 7 days he looks like a world beater. Can't underestimate the power of confidence that a coach can give. I am hoping, more than knowing, that the change from Des to Dean will have the same effect for a few of our players, Eastwood included.
I would definitely not pick a 30yr old who has had 0 good games in the past two seasons. Tualau and Fualalo are more than capable footballers. I would reward them and incentivise them with spots in the starting 17! Eastwood sucks balls. The difference with Moses situation is that Moses has ability. I do not think Eastwood has ability, he did, but no longer. Time for the young guys to fill that space.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I got a good feeling that Eastwood is going to fire up this year.

Hasler ruined him like everyone else.
Gents show some class, some of comments in this thread about Eastwood are in poor tast. He has bled blue and white for nearly a decade and just gone through a traumatic time, fair go!

He has been on peanuts for the past 2 seasons and deserves his contract this year. It's not on him that Hasler can't manage the cap.

Eastwood is a bloody good footballer with seriouse skill that will suit Dean Pay's style:
- Aggressive defender, big front on hitter
- Can play with the ball in hand
- Effective footwork close to the line
- Can off load
- Smart footballer

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Gabe I've seen worse comments about our Players... but I agree with you that this is creeping into our threads. I reckon we need to not bag our Players as much this year. We also need to give Pay a fair go. It is a really competitive comp this year, and we are all expecting a lot. Cant wait for the Season to start.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would definitely not pick a 30yr old who has had 0 good games in the past two seasons. Tualau and Fualalo are more than capable footballers. I would reward them and incentivise them with spots in the starting 17! Eastwood sucks balls. The difference with Moses situation is that Moses has ability. I do not think Eastwood has ability, he did, but no longer. Time for the young guys to fill that space.
Will be interesting to see which way it all pans out. One thing is for sure though - players don't lose ability. They may be out of form and they may be injured but they always keep their skill.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.