Does the toyota aurion give a subaru wrx the hurry up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the problem with the WRX is if they want to up the power to RS3 type numbers, then they have to start upgrading all the internals/tolerances to cope, which will raise the price significantly. So I think they are limited to a certain extent by price. I had a 99 WRX about 15 years ago, loved that car.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
with lamb and garlic kebab the wrx is a no brainer. full hectic cuz
Where are your 4 cousins? Getting rejected from nightclubs?

Actually, now i;m just fucking hungry. My kebab is only about 10 hours away.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I followed what you are saying.

I'm still gob smacked that Camry is a fast car.

The numbers don't lie,

How about the kluger?
SUV is required in my household right now.

Have a Santa Fe

Do kluger go as good as Camry?
Kluger's are alright but they are a large SUV with low acceleration. They're pretty much the on-road/luxury version of the Prado. Santa Fe are smaller but handle better. Driving one feels like driving a car. They're not very powerful though but faster than most SUVs and have decent acceleration 'cause they're light. Most also come in AWD. Avoid that. AWD is good for grip and acceleration in dirt/wet but it has other issues. The main issue with AWD is if the tires wear independently so when you replace the tires you still have to replace all 4 tires or it causes issues. AWD has other long term issues too.

If you really need an SUV I'd suggest a newer Prado. The newer models are primarily designed for on-road but work well off-road. You'd need mods to get them into tough terrain but they can do some off-roading for family camping trips. You can also switch between 2WD and 4WD. They are fuel guzzlers though. The Klugers are also fuel guzzlers but they are cheaper to buy. Santa Fe are decent on the fuel and would be preferable if you wanted a city SUV.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kluger's are alright but they are a large SUV with low acceleration. They're pretty much the on-road/luxury version of the Prado. Santa Fe are smaller but handle better. Driving one feels like driving a car. They're not very powerful though but faster than most SUVs and have decent acceleration 'cause they're light. Most also come in AWD. Avoid that. AWD is good for grip and acceleration in dirt/wet but it has other issues. The main issue with AWD is if the tires wear independently so when you replace the tires you still have to replace all 4 tires or it causes issues. AWD has other long term issues too.

If you really need an SUV I'd suggest a newer Prado. The newer models are primarily designed for on-road but work well off-road. You'd need mods to get them into tough terrain but they can do some off-roading for family camping trips. You can also switch between 2WD and 4WD. They are fuel guzzlers though. The Klugers are also fuel guzzlers but they are cheaper to buy. Santa Fe are decent on the fuel and would be preferable if you wanted a city SUV.
yeah,
we got the sante fe 2 years ago,
really happy with it.
seats not the most comfortable in my opinion, lol.
but it does what we want,
I have even had it on beach.

specs say 4x4 not AWD.
I got no idea what it actually is lol.
not much of a car expert

just to clarify,
that's the wifes car,
I drive a Colorado,
and in a few weeks I will get my new Nivara 4X4

26855619_10156036729542248_1904789689_n.jpg

A

Alexander the Great

Where are your 4 cousins? Getting rejected from nightclubs?

Actually, now i;m just fucking hungry. My kebab is only about 10 hours away.
always a sight seeing ny cousins (arabs) getting rejected from clubs when they would be 6 deep in a group. no fucking idea.

at least split into 2's..

10 hours away from a kebab. that's a fucking joke

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah,
we got the sante fe 2 years ago,
really happy with it.
seats not the most comfortable in my opinion, lol.
but it does what we want,
I have even had it on beach.

specs say 4x4 not AWD.
I got no idea what it actually is lol.
not much of a car expert

just to clarify,
that's the wifes car,
I drive a Colorado,
and in a few weeks I will get my new Nivara 4X4

View attachment 4784
Yeah, the 4x4 Sante Fe's aren't bad. They're only high range but work well for the beach. They are under powered compared to the 2WD and AWD versions due to the increased weight but the 4WD capability makes up for it and the turbo diesel version is handy.

The Navara is are a great ute for off-roading. The only real issue they have is the long wheel base.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, the 4x4 Sante Fe's aren't bad. They're only high range but work well for the beach. They are under powered compared to the 2WD and AWD versions due to the increased weight but the 4WD capability makes up for it and the turbo diesel version is handy.

The Navara is are a great ute for off-roading. The only real issue they have is the long wheel base.
when you refer to 2wd and awd,
are you suggesting other suv or santa fe in those options?

mine is turbo diesel.
we don't do hard core off road,
just occasionally on beach,
and rough roads and tracks,
nothing hard core though.
santa fe has never really been been to its limits with what we do.

just family stuff mucking around really,
stuff you cant do in a car or wagon though.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

a mate of mine put me onto the Hyundai ans kias
I was a Toyota man for years.
I thought the Korean brands were garbage.
I think they have improved big time.
I was surprised how good the santa fe has been to be honest.

and the diesel motor is amazing
but you have to turn off traction control in traffic,
its very laggy otherwise.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
224kw is a bad Camry, whats the world coming to?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
when you refer to 2wd and awd,
are you suggesting other suv or santa fe in those options?

mine is turbo diesel.
we don't do hard core off road,
just occasionally on beach,
and rough roads and tracks,
nothing hard core though.
santa fe has never really been been to its limits with what we do.

just family stuff mucking around really,
stuff you cant do in a car or wagon though.
Yep. Just the Santa Fe. It comes in 2 Wheel Drive, All Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel Drive. The previous iteration of the Santa Fe (ix35) only had AWD and 2WD.

The 2WD and AWD options are for pure city dwellers. People who need an SUV but would never go off road. As I said, they're a little zippier but they lack the drive train to handle any off road beside a slightly dirt road. That said, I also wouldn't take the 4x4 Santa Fe on any real 4WD tracks. The lower height and lack of low range make it difficult to handle rough terrain.

As far as options go, the Kluger is a good SUV and it's huge and luxurious, but it's a road lounge. It's only available in AWD and 2WD and it cannot handle any kind of off-road including the beach. It's a good vehicle if you're just looking for a comfortable vehicle for road trips and cramming a large family in to (great soccer mum vehicle), and if you don't mind using a little more petrol. Otherwise I'd suggest sticking with the Santa Fe.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
a mate of mine put me onto the Hyundai ans kias
I was a Toyota man for years.
I thought the Korean brands were garbage.
I think they have improved big time.
I was surprised how good the santa fe has been to be honest.

and the diesel motor is amazing
but you have to turn off traction control in traffic,
its very laggy otherwise.
Yep. Hyundai are great. The Santa Fe and i30's are great vehicles. Toyota are still more mechanically reliable but Hyundai aren't far behind.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was going to get another SUV it would be a Prado. But as far as cars go I love my Holden Commodores.

My plan though (when I become rich) is to head to America and get my hands on a 1969-1970 Mustang or Chevy.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Hyundai are great. The Santa Fe and i30's are great vehicles. Toyota are still more mechanically reliable but Hyundai aren't far behind.
My i30 clicked over 100k on the weekend. Hasn' skipped a beat.

I guess we'll see if I'm still saying that at 200k :grinning:

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My i30 clicked over 100k on the weekend. Hasn' skipped a beat.

I guess we'll see if I'm still saying that at 200k :grinning:
Should be ok
How many old exell do you see still kicking with over 300k on the clock

Speaking of i30
I really like the new Tucson
Have you considered an upgrade?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. Just the Santa Fe. It comes in 2 Wheel Drive, All Wheel Drive and 4 Wheel Drive. The previous iteration of the Santa Fe (ix35) only had AWD and 2WD.

The 2WD and AWD options are for pure city dwellers. People who need an SUV but would never go off road. As I said, they're a little zippier but they lack the drive train to handle any off road beside a slightly dirt road. That said, I also wouldn't take the 4x4 Santa Fe on any real 4WD tracks. The lower height and lack of low range make it difficult to handle rough terrain.

As far as options go, the Kluger is a good SUV and it's huge and luxurious, but it's a road lounge. It's only available in AWD and 2WD and it cannot handle any kind of off-road including the beach. It's a good vehicle if you're just looking for a comfortable vehicle for road trips and cramming a large family in to (great soccer mum vehicle), and if you don't mind using a little more petrol. Otherwise I'd suggest sticking with the Santa Fe.
You not getting confused with the Tuscan are you?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the problem with the WRX is if they want to up the power to RS3 type numbers, then they have to start upgrading all the internals/tolerances to cope, which will raise the price significantly. So I think they are limited to a certain extent by price. I had a 99 WRX about 15 years ago, loved that car.
They should atleast try match a S3 since they are similar in price in my opinion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If I was going to get another SUV it would be a Prado. But as far as cars go I love my Holden Commodores.

My plan though (when I become rich) is to head to America and get my hands on a 1969-1970 Mustang or Chevy.
I'm more than happy with my SS.

PS I only buy Holdens and Toyotas, i think they are best suited for Australia.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.