Hodko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
His a good bloke? Lol does that even matter when it comes to talking about whether a bloke is shit or not?
It does if you lack the maturity to reflect on a players record on and off the field when you launch into him. Freddy Fittler would be rubbish if he was playing today - doesn't take away from his record. How many halfbacks have led a SOO side to a series victory for us in the past 15 years? Just because he is busted now doesn't take away from who he is and what he has achieved.

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had 1 half decent year for us.. no way

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It does if you lack the maturity to reflect on a players record on and off the field when you launch into him. Freddy Fittler would be rubbish if he was playing today - doesn't take away from his record. How many halfbacks have led a SOO side to a series victory for us in the past 15 years? Just because he is busted now doesn't take away from who he is and what he has achieved.

Sorry but I can't agree with you.
Maturity aside it shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of a footballer otherwise people wouldn't rate Andrew johns.

Nobody is saying he is a bad person.i always thought he was a quality half but that was 5 years ago and are you calling me immature because I don't rate Tolman as a high quality front rower because I purely talking about his football and not his qualities as a man?

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a human, he's a good one. As a player, Hodko is 1 bad tackle away from retirement.

If we want to get better, then Hodko is not the future at this club.

N

Natboy

Even Des had the sense to release him.
We definitely won’t ever re-sign him.
Nice guy but more injury prone than Foran with a quarter of the talent

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry but I can't agree with you.
Maturity aside it shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of a footballer otherwise people wouldn't rate Andrew johns.

Nobody is saying he is a bad person.i always thought he was a quality half but that was 5 years ago and are you calling me immature because I don't rate Tolman as a high quality front rower because I purely talking about his football and not his qualities as a man?
You need to go back to where this all began. Someone just posted that Hokko was shit. That was it. For mine a bloke who played for our club almost got us a premiership and did get us an SOO result deserves better from us than just saying he is shit. Then, if you want to add the off field stuff he is even better again. That was my issue. Now if you were talking about say Paul Carter - different story.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You need to go back to where this all began. Someone just posted that Hokko was shit. That was it. For mine a bloke who played for our club almost got us a premiership and did get us an SOO result deserves better from us than just saying he is shit. Then, if you want to add the off field stuff he is even better again. That was my issue. Now if you were talking about say Paul Carter - different story.
As a current player he is average ,yes hes a top guy off the field but it isnt phone a freind ,we are looking for good players that can help us win it’s nothing personal.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As a current player he is average ,yes hes a top guy off the field but it isnt phone a freind ,we are looking for good players that can help us win it’s nothing personal.
That's not my point. I agree that he is past his use by date but to just jump on here and call him shit is not on. He played for us for 4 years and never gave anything less than his best. That merits respect from all of us. By all means argue that he wouldn't work for us this time around but to label him the way he was was inappropriate and I for one was prepared to push back on it.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately for him his knee is just not up to it anymore. In 2014 he played with so much guts on one leg to try and win us a title. The semi against Manly he kicked us home on one leg. A shame he can’t finish his career in first grade. He has been a great club man for both the dogs and at Newcastle the short time he has been there. I think a coaching role is something he could do well at

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Kris Keating almost got us a premiership lol

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not my point. I agree that he is past his use by date but to just jump on here and call him shit is not on. He played for us for 4 years and never gave anything less than his best. That merits respect from all of us. By all means argue that he wouldn't work for us this time around but to label him the way he was was inappropriate and I for one was prepared to push back on it.
Im pretty sure when people are saying that they mean as a player these days and not him as a person

Status
Not open for further replies.