Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
nswrl.com.au had interviews with Cleeland, Martin, Brown and Woolford up yesterday. Cleary media day.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Might be the best out of a bunch of shitty candidates

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Might be the best out of a bunch of shitty candidates
I don't think cleland's shitty at all.
If he went on the market today, there'd be plenty of clubs interested.
The only way to tell if he's up to it, is to pick him.
Good halves are hard to come by.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would be that interested tbh. When we signed Cleeland, Sam Williams was the halfback alongside him in the team of the year yet no NRL club made a serious offer despite him being younger, more experienced and having a broader skillset than Cleeland.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whether other clubs are interested or not, one thing is certain. Hes the best we have to partner Foran

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether other clubs are interested or not, one thing is certain. Hes the best we have to partner Foran
No Mbye is and it shits me Pay wants to play him at Fb instead of chasing someone like RTS hard. There is also Brown whom I'm pretty sure will get a run before Cleeland.

Last edited:
N

Natboy

No Mbye is and it shits me Pay wants to play him at Fb instead of chasing someone like RTS hard. There is also Brown whom I'm pretty sure will get a run before Cleeland.
It’s not possible for pay to chase anyone though unfortunately

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If Cleeland was that great he would have played first grade by now. Maybe something in his game is holding him back. I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s not possible for pay to chase anyone though unfortunately
Always a chance before June 30 ( wishful thinking )

Even though I don't expect it to be this yr it would be nice to see Mbye in 6 and RTS at the back instead of toying around with this Sezer business...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Like rts is available. Or anyone else. Why dont u wait and see how mbye goes before making that judgement. Hope u arent one of these nuffies who think we can get anyone we want just by wishing for it, and the club is shit if they dont get them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Cleeland went on the market tomorrow, we lose him to Manly and he plays first grade alongside DCE... guaranteed.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Like rts is available. Or anyone else. Why dont u wait and see how mbye goes before making that judgement. Hope u arent one of these nuffies who think we can get anyone we want just by wishing for it, and the club is shit if they dont get them.
Well said, i was about to reply to him something similar.
The coach is using what he has on his platter accordingly, moses is more a runner of the ball than an organiser so FB is definatley a goer for him and while we have 3 or 4 other potential halves in the club you'd be silly to slot moses in at half when he can potentially be a gun FB.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The coach is using what he has on his platter accordingly, moses is more a runner of the ball than an organiser so FB is definatley a goer for him and while we have 3 or 4 other potential halves in the club you'd be silly to slot moses in at half when he can potentially be a gun FB.
Exactly. I think he is going to kill it next year, and a certain someone will be eating his words.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye was given his chance at half and 5/8. He received a big "F" for his efforts. Cleeland has never been given a chance to play with other good players.
I think he will be great playing with Foran. Frawley was tried and was found to be just above average. Very inconsistent.
I will be disappointed if Cleeland is not tried in the top grade to see if he can continue his good form

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Braa money talks, next yr we'll have plenty of and I'd rather a world class FB instead of Maybe I mean Mbye.... And mate the club is off its head if we don't have one of the best FB's next yr if Mbye don't work out. Six yrs without a FB? If I'm not saying it plenty will.

Mbye more of a runner of the ball than an organiser so he should be FB... You do know the best FB's in the game are pretty much the best organisers but hey Mbye is a general and he does have a voice so it might work out. Just don't expect Mbye to stepping and breaking tackles.

Exactly. I think he is going to kill it next year, and a certain someone will be eating his words.
I hope so dude, nothing more than to see the dogs go well, obviously but considering Pay has said he wants to see Mbye run the ball more worries me because instead he could turn him into the next Coote instead of thinking his Barba.

Last edited:

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Braa money talks, next yr we'll have plenty of and I'd rather a world class FB instead of Maybe I mean Mbye.... And mate the club is off its head if we don't have one of the best FB's next yr if Mbye don't work out. Six yrs without a FB? If I'm not saying it plenty will.

Mbye more of a runner of the ball than an organiser so he should be FB... You do know the best FB's in the game are pretty much the best organisers but hey Mbye is a general and he does have a voice so it might work out. Just don't expect Mbye to stepping and breaking tackles.

I hope so dude, nothing more than to see the dogs go well, obviously but considering Pay has said he wants to see Mbye run the ball more worries me because instead he could turn him into the next Coote instead of thinking his Barba.
I never stated he couldn't organise + it might just actually suit him too organise a little behind the line than in it, and do more of what he's blessed with (talk and run) oh and lets not forget he's not scared to put his body on the line in defence which is pretty bloody handy for a FB.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What I like about Moses prospects at 1 is he is unburdened with running the side and instead can utilise his strengths ie pace and push up in attack. He also can add another dimension with his passing and kicking which is a positive spending time in halves

What he needs to work on is obviously high ball and one on one last line of defence

He seems like a natural talker so that will help the front line

In terms of Cleeland like everyone else this season starting with trials is a clean slate so if he plays well consistently he will debut simple as that

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Mbye was given his chance at half and 5/8. He received a big "F" for his efforts. Cleeland has never been given a chance to play with other good players.
I think he will be great playing with Foran. Frawley was tried and was found to be just above average. Very inconsistent.
I will be disappointed if Cleeland is not tried in the top grade to see if he can continue his good form
even if he tries Frawley first, i doubt Pay is the type to keep him there too long if he wasnt going well. Then Cleeland would get a shot. Or it could happen the other way around. Me, i don't care who he tries as long as they go well, and Pay replaces them if they dont. Im happy to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.