Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Yeah only when this current board has changed, then can we call what we're doin at the Dogs a proper clean out

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah only when this current board has changed, then can we call what we're doin at the Dogs a proper clean out
The current board deserves another shot. At the moment it's the best board we're going to get at the moment. Rival don't stand a chance in regards to a business level. They might know the club better than some others but you leave that to your coaching staff which we now have the bulldogs dna.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who knows? I think the board should be asked what is the situation with Turvey and will he serve a full term? I think it is a fair question esp about an absolute club legend

Yeah fair question, after all they did sack him earlier in the year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is ... how much do the rebel ticket REALLY care about the club, versus what they can get from the club in their position on the board??

That's a question nobody can answer, but if things were so important to those mounting the rebel ticket, why are they relying on Andersons ticket (suggesting the others handed theirs back).

Also one of them was off working at the Titans until it became convenient to jump aboard the rebel ticket.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is ... how much do the rebel ticket REALLY care about the club, versus what they can get from the club in their position on the board??

That's a question nobody can answer, but if things were so important to those mounting the rebel ticket, why are they relying on Andersons ticket (suggesting the others handed theirs back).

Also one of them was off working at the Titans until it became convenient to jump aboard the rebel ticket.
That's a very good question. Unless the hughes family gets on board with the rival ticket than there's a possibility of over throwing the current board. But they have too much pride and they hold grudges to the club.

N

Natboy

What if she was??

Nah .... but keep in tuch with the club, maybe get on the board.

Not sleep with the darn enemy.
Hahaha. I can’t blame these people for waiting for their moment to pounce.
Dib is like a barnacle, difficult to remove haha

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the board elections were in 2019 Hasler would still be coaching, the only reason changes were made was for the current board to save their ass. Anyone who thinks Dib made these changes for any other reason is gullible.

I don't know how voting works now but I remember Graham Hughes having a rival ticket, many of those people got onto the board but not Hughes himself because he didn't get enough votes. If it's still the same system then you should be able to vote for individuals, so if you think Turvey is doing a good job vote for him, not Dib.
Too much emphasis on Dib, hes a chairman. Our club isnt run like Politis at the Roosters. The board as a whole make decisions.

So any good decisions or bad decisions can be attributed to the board as a whole not Dib alone.

And currently Im happy with the way we are heading on & off the field.

Hasler may have been sacked 1 year too late, apart from that squad changes & club direction look to be positive imo.

I just want us to sign a quality halfback. Apart from that everything looks good including digging our heels in & not paying Hasler.

Off the field we are very strong.

On the field, new coach, new culture, just need a quality halfback & maybe another good backrower. Things look solid.

We will only know once the season kicks off how good Pay really is. His appointment was a risk with no NRL record as coach, but at the same I cant criticise board for his appointment.

The current board brang in Hasler which was a coup at the time. He wanted complete control of football department, which they gave him as a 2 time premiership winning coach. They gave him 5-6 years, he didnt win a comp and made recruitment blunders. They got rid of him.

Not so shabby imo

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The problem is you raised it. No-one here had a clue about any of this before you said turvey wouldn't stay 6 months. Had you not raised it no-one would have been any the wiser. Now there is a question mark about Turvey's motives purely because the issue has been raised. Doesn't affect me as I'm not a voting member but I am concerned that if Dib gets back in because of the efforts of Turvey and then he jumps ship (reasons are unimportant now) and it goes belly up again Turvey is going to be blamed for it and his legacy will be tarnished. Perhaps it is better sometimes just to know things rather than tell things.
Very confused post by you.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hahaha. I can’t blame these people for waiting for their moment to pounce.
Dib is like a barnacle, difficult to remove haha
Lol I thought you were going to say he's like hepatitis. Just when you think he's gone, he flares up again.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Too much emphasis on Dib, hes a chairman. Our club isnt run like Politis at the Roosters. The board as a whole make decisions.

So any good decisions or bad decisions can be attributed to the board as a whole not Dib alone.

And currently Im happy with the way we are heading on & off the field.

Hasler may have been sacked 1 year too late, apart from that squad changes & club direction look to be positive imo.

I just want us to sign a quality halfback. Apart from that everything looks good including digging our heels in & not paying Hasler.

Off the field we are very strong.

On the field, new coach, new culture, just need a quality halfback & maybe another good backrower. Things look solid.

We will only know once the season kicks off how good Pay really is. His appointment was a risk with no NRL record as coach, but at the same I cant criticise board for his appointment.

The current board brang in Hasler which was a coup at the time. He wanted complete control of football department, which they gave him as a 2 time premiership winning coach. They gave him 5-6 years, he didnt win a comp and made recruitment blunders. They got rid of him.

Not so shabby imo
Mate, I absolutely respect your opinion but can't agree.

The board puts a plan together a few years ago. 2 premierships by 2019, 25,000 members by 2018 and an average crowd attendance of 30,000 to home games. None of that has been achieved.

The football operations has lost massive money, if not for the leagues club we would be a basket case the same as Wests tigers or St George.

I ask people that support the current board, name some things they have achieved/done in the last 12 months outside of these current changes (which were only made to save themselves).

Maybe the rival ticket is not better than the current board but people say we need to try an untested coach but want to stick with the current board to be safe, its not consistent.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

That's an ignorant comment

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What if she was??

Nah .... but keep in tuch with the club, maybe get on the board.

Not sleep with the darn enemy.
How do u get on the board ? Election time or invitation when there is a vacancy and there hsve been plenty of opportunities to extend an invitation. Hard to get on when not wanted. Let's stop talking BS and defending the indefensible.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldnt be too concerned if Dib was reappointed. Its the other wombats on the board that gave him free reign that is the problem.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How do u get on the board ? Election time or invitation when there is a vacancy and there hsve been plenty of opportunities to extend an invitation. Hard to get on when not wanted. Let's stop talking BS and defending the indefensible.
Well Anderson held a ticket... not sure 100% what that means. But they are using her ticket to form a rebel board.

Retaining a rebel ticket whilst being on the board of another leagues club would almost have to be a conflict of interest.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well Anderson held a ticket... not sure 100% what that means. But they are using her ticket to form a rebel board.

Retaining a rebel ticket whilst being on the board of another leagues club would almost have to be a conflict of interest.
Anderson has resigned from Titans to participate in these elections-so no conflict.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldnt be too concerned if Dib was reappointed. Its the other wombats on the board that gave him free reign that is the problem.
Sounds like from what u are saying that Dob wants to leave behind current board??

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pardon if I'm wrong but it appears that Dunn is the brains child behind the rival ticket, when he failed to get elected 4 years ago I felt that he left with some bitterness.
Their is nothing wrong having ambition, I'm sure that the members of shamble boards of both Parra and Tigers in the past all had plenty of ambition.
To have any chance for success a stable board is absolutely essential, the current board has shown to be just that if nothing else. I'd be confident that Anderson and Ballasty would contribute to stability, I don't know enough about the others to comment. I believe that it would be good for the club to see 1 or 2 changes but not a totally new board.
As for Turvey I cannot see him supporting the old board if he thought that the rival ticket would do a better job.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pardon if I'm wrong but it appears that Dunn is the brains child behind the rival ticket, when he failed to get elected 4 years ago I felt that he left with some bitterness.
Their is nothing wrong having ambition, I'm sure that the members of shamble boards of both Parra and Tigers in the past all had plenty of ambition.
To have any chance for success a stable board is absolutely essential, the current board has shown to be just that if nothing else. I'd be confident that Anderson and Ballasty would contribute to stability, I don't know enough about the others to comment. I believe that it would be good for the club to see 1 or 2 changes but not a totally new board.
As for Turvey I cannot see him supporting the old board if he thought that the rival ticket would do a better job.
One in all in will deliver a golden era

Status
Not open for further replies.