Current board do not deserve another chance (besides Mortimer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can't believe that ANYONE would even consider re-electing the current board. It's like being raped for years and suddenly they make some changes and all is forgiven WTF ! There's still 2 legal cases pending which they were involved in which could cost the club over $5M. As our board / our leaders they were supposed to be proactive and fix things before they really needed fixing yet while virtually every fan and professional league commentator knew Hasler needed to go they virtually re-sign him before being the VERY LAST to realise he needed to go. Steve Mortimer is the only one who should be retained from the current board, the rest are just puppets for Dib. Also Dib is now bad for business. What potential sponsor would trust doing business with Dib and co after the cloak and dagger stuff he pulled with Hasler and it was very widely published in the media ? NO-ONE could do a job any worse than the current board. The current board do not deserve another chance.
Agreed- they need to step down
On with the new era

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any dickhead that address the room other than the coach- needs to go!

Resigned des and then for the sake of his own job - sacks him, poor handling with recruitments handling and back ends.

He must fall on his sword or atleast pay out the damages and court cases(which I doubt)

He must be moved on and put the horrible period behind us.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm happy for the board to have another shot they have done a really good job behind the scenes. It's a big risk to change the board now (I personally wouldn't) but some guys here it's gotten to them about the handling of hasler contract and fifita as well (which I'm glad they didnt get him). So we may end up like the West tigers and parramatta an unstable club. We've had stability since the sack of Noad and to get rid of this board especially making an affective change like they did recently they have brought this club forward behind the scenes. we haven't done well on the field but that's been sorted. They deserve another shot. I don't see any great changes with the rival ticket at a business level and also we now have many ex players involved in club what else do you guys want.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also to note Turvey wouldn't return to the club if he didn't like the board including Ray Dib. So obviously they cleaned out who obviously weren't good for the club and Turveys happy to return.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the board elections were in 2019 Hasler would still be coaching, the only reason changes were made was for the current board to save their ass. Anyone who thinks Dib made these changes for any other reason is gullible.

I don't know how voting works now but I remember Graham Hughes having a rival ticket, many of those people got onto the board but not Hughes himself because he didn't get enough votes. If it's still the same system then you should be able to vote for individuals, so if you think Turvey is doing a good job vote for him, not Dib.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the board elections were in 2019 Hasler would still be coaching, the only reason changes were made was for the current board to save their ass. Anyone who thinks Dib made these changes for any other reason is gullible.

I don't know how voting works now but I remember Graham Hughes having a rival ticket, many of those people got onto the board but not Hughes himself because he didn't get enough votes. If it's still the same system then you should be able to vote for individuals, so if you think Turvey is doing a good job vote for him, not Dib.
You say vote Turvey only but why would Turvey come back knowing there's a rival ticket and stick with dib and the board especially coming back after the shiiitt that's happened?? So obviously the way I see it there's more to the shiitt that's happened in the club behind the scenes that we don't know about and dibs taken the criticism for it obviously Turvey has respect for the bloke and the board that's why he's back.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If what you say about Turvey is true and I have no idea whether it is or not, you are essentially saying that a club legend and someone most fans look up to is a disingenuous turd who is propping up a board who he has no faith in by using his name and reputation to get it re-elected knowing he is not going to be around when the real decisions get made. In other words you are saying he is no better than Dib and the rest. I've only met him a few times but that doesn't gel with my conversations with him and I would prefer to think that given he has stood down twice on the basis of his principles he wouldn't be supporting the current board unless he believed they were the right choice. I'm not saying his choice is correct only that he has the integrity to stand up for what he believes in.
I love Turvey so you are off the planet my friend

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Turvey so you are off the planet my friend
You may well love him but what you are writing isn't consistent with that. Forget about the name of the bloke. If any current board member publicly supported Dib knowing he wasn't going to be there when the whips were cracking, you would either have to think he had been bought off, hated the club or actually believed in the cause. Now insert Turvey's name into that equation and which one is the most likely. In the absence of anything else I'll take number 3.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You may well love him but what you are writing isn't consistent with that. Forget about the name of the bloke. If any current board member publicly supported Dib knowing he wasn't going to be there when the whips were cracking, you would either have to think he had been bought off, hated the club or actually believed in the cause. Now insert Turvey's name into that equation and which one is the most likely. In the absence of anything else I'll take number 3.
I do not understand your post

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the kennel thought hasler was incredible too, for example how many titles would hasler win if he was our coach instead of folkes (3-5)

now the story is hasler ruined the club

the kennel doesnt deserve another chance imo

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I do not understand your post
It is simple, whether you like him or not is irrelevant, what you have written is that Turvey, knowing he is not going to be on the board when difficult decisions will need to be made in the future is supporting the current board to get the job done. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have indicated that the current board is rubbish and needs to go. You also seem to be intimating that Turvey is supporting this board knowing he won't be there later and so won't be accountable for that support. So the bottom line is he is either fully supportive of the current board (in which case all the people you have pulled up for wanting to support Turvey at the elections even though he is apparently going have got it right) or he is not supportive of the current board but is using his credibility to support a group who do not deserve it and is being disingenuous. Can't have it both ways. Either he is 100% behind the current board or he is being an arse by saying he is when he isn't. That's what you are writing. I have no idea what his position is. I am only rephrasing what you are writing.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It is simple, whether you like him or not is irrelevant, what you have written is that Turvey, knowing he is not going to be on the board when difficult decisions will need to be made in the future is supporting the current board to get the job done. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have indicated that the current board is rubbish and needs to go. You also seem to be intimating that Turvey is supporting this board knowing he won't be there later and so won't be accountable for that support. So the bottom line is he is either fully supportive of the current board (in which case all the people you have pulled up for wanting to support Turvey at the elections even though he is apparently going have got it right) or he is not supportive of the current board but is using his credibility to support a group who do not deserve it and is being disingenuous. Can't have it both ways. Either he is 100% behind the current board or he is being an arse by saying he is when he isn't. That's what you are writing. I have no idea what his position is. I am only rephrasing what you are writing.
Sorry mate u going off on a tangent which I do not agree with and i am.not following.. It upsets me you would disparage a club legend like Turvey by raising the options you have.
Turvey for whatever reason- which i do not know, is on the current board. My mail is he is not well and will not be on the board for long if it wins. So what i am saying is, if people are only voting for the current board because Turvey is on the current board, it is not worth voting for the current board as my mail is he will not be there for long. I suggest you ask the current board to ascertain Turvey's longevity on the current board if it is victorious. That is all I am saying. Please.do not raise options, which disparage a club legend-poor form

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You say vote Turvey only but why would Turvey come back knowing there's a rival ticket and stick with dib and the board especially coming back after the shiiitt that's happened?? So obviously the way I see it there's more to the shiitt that's happened in the club behind the scenes that we don't know about and dibs taken the criticism for it obviously Turvey has respect for the bloke and the board that's why he's back.
As you say maybe there's more to it then we know. I think Turvey loves the club and would take any opportunity to come back to the board (under whoever is there).

Could also be that with the way Dib has manipulated the voting that he thinks it's his best chance to be on the board, there is a high probability Dib will get back in based on people who have short memories and the proxy votes.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As you say maybe there's more to it then we know. I think Turvey loves the club and would take any opportunity to come back to the board (under whoever is there).

Could also be that with the way Dib has manipulated the voting that he thinks it's his best chance to be on the board, there is a high probability Dib will get back in based on people who have short memories and the proxy votes.

Dont agree, Turvey is not that type of man. If he thinks they are not good for the club I dont think he would join the board.

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont agree, Turvey is not that type of man. If he thinks they are not good for the club I dont think he would join the board.
Who knows? I think the board should be asked what is the situation with Turvey and will he serve a full term? I think it is a fair question esp about an absolute club legend

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry mate u going off on a tangent which I do not agree with and i am.not following.. It upsets me you would disparage a club legend like Turvey by raising the options you have.
Turvey for whatever reason- which i do not know, is on the current board. My mail is he is not well and will not be on the board for long if it wins. So what i am saying is, if people are only voting for the current board because Turvey is on the current board, it is not worth voting for the current board as my mail is he will not be there for long. I suggest you ask the current board to ascertain Turvey's longevity on the current board if it is victorious. That is all I am saying. Please.do not raise options, which disparage a club legend-poor form
The problem is you raised it. No-one here had a clue about any of this before you said turvey wouldn't stay 6 months. Had you not raised it no-one would have been any the wiser. Now there is a question mark about Turvey's motives purely because the issue has been raised. Doesn't affect me as I'm not a voting member but I am concerned that if Dib gets back in because of the efforts of Turvey and then he jumps ship (reasons are unimportant now) and it goes belly up again Turvey is going to be blamed for it and his legacy will be tarnished. Perhaps it is better sometimes just to know things rather than tell things.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris Anderson, Steve Price, Paul Dunn and Lynne Anderson??? What affect will they have seriously compared to what we've got? Not good for business.
This board will stay, it's mixed with business mind people and ex players.

Board of Directors

Ray Dib - Chairman

Arthur Coorey - Director

Joanne Farr - Director

Steve Mortimer - Director

Anter Isaac - Director

Anne Sinclair - Director

Peter McMahon - Director

Status
Not open for further replies.