Kieran Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I highly doubt he will be 100% match fit coke start of the season. He's notoriously slow when it comes to recovery and it was last reported he won't begin full training until mid January. The season starts early march i think?

He will probably start slow but the last thing we need is him picking up a knock at the start of the season. I'd probably not even play him to start the year.
He can start as slow as he wants, as long as he fires in the finals, but........................................

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still believe Foran is the best 5/8 in the game when he is at his best. Morgan is good, but drifts in and out of games.
The game has changed a lot. The halves now are basically a right half and a left half. Much like the centres. Inside centre and outside centre, are now extinct.
Forans biggest asset is that he is 100% footballer. He thinks many plays ahead of whats happening. He and Cleeland will be an awesome pairing.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I still believe Foran is the best 5/8 in the game when he is at his best. Morgan is good, but drifts in and out of games.
The game has changed a lot. The halves now are basically a right half and a left half. Much like the centres. Inside centre and outside centre, are now extinct.
Forans biggest asset is that he is 100% footballer. He thinks many plays ahead of whats happening. He and Cleeland will be an awesome pairing.
I think there is a tendency for the halves to play more together these days. Most of the top teams did it last year. Centres are split due to the defensive patterns they run these days.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You I’ll find the teams in the 8 predominantly played with a dominant playmaker and not split halves this season that passed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never really rated Foran until I saw him play for the Kiwis against Smith, Cronk and Thurston. It was one general against three and he was up there until the kiwis fell apart as usual. If we get that Foran were in for a good season.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How us the manly salary cao thing going? Will he be ok?
Absolutely, you know how it goes with cap breaches "the players knew nothing about any dodgy payments and just turn up to play the game they love, this was all sorted between the club and the player manager."

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran will have to play both sides, switching between first and second receiver. Lichaa can run but his passing speed out of dummy needs to improve a lot to give Foran space. I agree Foran is a great player. His Form at the start for Parra and Warriors was great, before injuries and personal problems derailed his seasons. If he stays fit we're in the 8 at least.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
just watched the Mbye & Lichaa interview on the dogs web page & they claim Foran is back on the park training with the squad.Great news..

Junkey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolutely, you know how it goes with cap breaches "the players knew nothing about any dodgy payments and just turn up to play the game they love, this was all sorted between the club and the player manager."
I am just wondering how that is going? that is all as i have not heard further except Manly given more time to reply. Also I think it has been announced that Joel T has signed with Manly. Teriffic signing

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just watched the Mbye & Lichaa interview on the dogs web page & they claim Foran is back on the park training with the squad.Great news..
Lichaa reckons he’s a freak.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Until Cogger arrives.
IF he arrives... i dont see him signing unless one of Frawley, Cleeland or Brown is released.

And even if we sign him. What makes you so confident he can produce in first grade?

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF he arrives... i dont see him signing unless one of Frawley, Cleeland or Brown is released.

And even if we sign him. What makes you so confident he can produce in first grade?
I have zero inside knowledge.
However from what I have read from his manager he wants to only leave knights for a first grade opportunity. Not as another reserve etc.
and Pay s history with him.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have zero inside knowledge.
However from what I have read from his manager he wants to only leave knights for a first grade opportunity. Not as another reserve etc.
and Pay s history with him.
what history?

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what history?
Coached within the nsw under age teams.
Can’t remember which one.
The article said Pay picked him in a surprising selection and it turned out to be a great selection etc etc.
like him coaching Jackson Hastings and Lichaa

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good thing is, if Frawley doesnt improve outside Des' structures. We have Cleedland or Brown to fall back on.
Na Frawley is just bog average, the ISP side was massively improved without him in it. He can place a kick well but that's about it. Him and Foran as a halves will he hugely disappointing, Frawley is just a really, really average version of Foran without the footy nous.

Status
Not open for further replies.