The Rugby League World Cup 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ellaz is 27.. maybe a late bloomer?? Clarke is done at 30 but his still a great player and tackles like machine, don't understand why he never broke through to NRL level.

Miski is still young so I'm sure he'll picked up by somebody but I was impressed with Elias actually. He was a Knights junior and now plays park footy, either could be NRL wingers.

I'm fine with every team except the US and Scotland... France and Ireland play some good footy and I'm sure Italy can do better than that.

Elias did very well, apparently had the goods but injuries caught up with him.

These games they play on origin weekend if they are just one of games it will fizzle out it needs to be a tournament or something like that.

Otherwise just like the World club championships when they brought more teams in.. didn't work because the other 4 teams were just playing for the sake of it,wasn't turned into a competition

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elias did very well, apparently had the goods but injuries caught up with him.

These games they play on origin weekend if they are just one of games it will fizzle out it needs to be a tournament or something like that.

Otherwise just like the World club championships when they brought more teams in.. didn't work because the other 4 teams were just playing for the sake of it,wasn't turned into a competition
Maybe Rugby league should adopt a soccer like notion and have international weeks... I don't really like the idea but I'm sure we'll love it when the international competitions are much more competitive.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ignorance of Aussies never ceases to amaze....it's the Aussies who have demanded who refs which games. We had an Aussie ref (who was good) in opener.Its been going on for years. They don't rate the Kiwi.Ask your own authorities.
That makes no sense at all. They don't have to ref the English games. They could've used an Aussie ref for the game yesterday. The English refs are way worse than the Kiwi refs.

Pie Dome

Waterboy
Reaction score
That makes no sense at all. They don't have to ref the English games. They could've used an Aussie ref for the game yesterday. The English refs are way worse than the Kiwi refs.
You still don't get it!
It's the Aussies who run the show...or there is no show! It's been that way for years. By the way, there is only ONE kiwi ref, Penerara, and the Aussies don't rate him.
We wanted a neutral ref...as we did in game. Turn your fire on your home authorities.
Simple question....would you agree to Penerara reffing the Final as one certainty is that NZ won't be playing?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You still don't get it!
It's the Aussies who run the show...or there is no show! It's been that way for years. By the way, there is only ONE kiwi ref, Penerara, and the Aussies don't rate him.
We wanted a neutral ref...as we did in game. Turn your fire on your home authorities.
Simple question....would you agree to Penerara reffing the Final as one certainty is that NZ won't be playing?
He is way better than any English ref. I wouldn't let those English refs ref an Under 20's game

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
lol I am from NZ - I live in auckland bro.
It was sour grapes on my part anyway brother lol.

Anyway after hearing Kidwell, Johnson and Blair basically blame the fans for losing they CAN go get fucked lol.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You still don't get it!
You are an imbecile. Perenara played for the Eels and is a local kid who went into refereeing after retiring from footy. The International Rugby League Board that is headed by a Pommy runs the WC, not the NRL or ARL and is HQ'd in England. There are 42 member countries and Australia has ONE seat on the board. The single ref system is employed by the Pommies not the NRL so if we were so in charge of everything why didn't they use 2 refs like we do here. So rather than float in here acting like a dick, how about you do some homework.

Pie Dome

Waterboy
Reaction score
No
He is way better than any English ref. I wouldn't let those English refs ref an Under 20's game
Noticed you still have not answered the question.....Penerara to ref the final...Yes or No.....I say yes as he is neutral.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No

Noticed you still have not answered the question.....Penerara to ref the final...Yes or No.....I say yes as he is neutral.
You do know that I don't pick the refs and by the way they have picking refs it will be an Aussie ref.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking of putting some serious money on Australia head to head this week. Anyone actually believe Fiji stands a chance in this game?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Thinking of putting some serious money on Australia head to head this week. Anyone actually believe Fiji stands a chance in this game?
Australia will win comfortably. You could put your house on it.

Pie Dome

Waterboy
Reaction score
You are
You are an imbecile. Perenara played for the Eels and is a local kid who went into refereeing after retiring from footy. The International Rugby League Board that is headed by a Pommy runs the WC, not the NRL or ARL and is HQ'd in England. There are 42 member countries and Australia has ONE seat on the board. The single ref system is employed by the Pommies not the NRL so if we were so in charge of everything why didn't they use 2 refs like we do here. So rather than float in here acting like a dick, how about you do some homework.
Apologies Mr Otley Dog
Will do better next time...thanks for your advice

Regards

Mr Imbecile

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol what a shit crowd for a semi final featuring Australia.

Lots of scuffles tho so that’s good.

Status
Not open for further replies.