Golf R

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d get an S3, it’s the same car in terms of the drive train for around the same price

Both owed by VW, ones just a hatch and ones just a sedan but the S3 is much nicer on the inside and looks way better. The new RS3 is so damn nice too, good price for what it offers too!

Here’s my Beamer project car, waiting to drop a ls1 in it to finish it off.

Yeah i think im now leaning towards an 3.
Thats a nice beemer.. what have you done to it so far?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just buy an old Corolla you will never have a problem with them :tonguewink:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You don't want an LS1 ... turbo or whipple supercharged ls3 shoehorned in!
Leaning towards an ls2, I’m thinking a blower over a turbo just love the whine it makes!

Yeah i think im now leaning towards an 3.
Thats a nice beemer.. what have you done to it so far?
Just styled it, changed out suspension, waiting on big brakes and a new diff, interior iv changed up alittle aswell

Pretty much ready for an engine swap which I’m doing next year, then I can change out somethings and play with the performance

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro that 335i is sexy as fuck... you've got very fine automotive taste. Good job
tell me bro if you had the choice between an S3 or an R which way would you go?
Haha thanks mate, I love Euro cars. Bought the car stock standard and build her up throughout the years.

Hard question, if you're on a budget, the R is good bang for your buck! But if you have a little extra cash the S3 is a good choice. Overall the build quality of the Audi is always going to be much better on the S3 vs the R.

I don't like the interior materials used on the R, seems very plastic and cheap.

I’d get an S3, it’s the same car in terms of the drive train for around the same price

Both owed by VW, ones just a hatch and ones just a sedan but the S3 is much nicer on the inside and looks way better. The new RS3 is so damn nice too, good price for what it offers too!

Here’s my Beamer project car, waiting to drop a ls1 in it to finish it off.

Nice Nano, I think I recalled you mentioned you had an E90 - Nice, I can see a rear BBS LM's (reps?), quad rear diffuser (but you don't have quad exhuast?) front lip, CSL truck ;) is it Carbon Fibre? and painted? blacked out side mirrors. Register on e90 forums, you'll find me under ATTN.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha thanks mate, I love Euro cars. Bought the car stock standard and build her up throughout the years.

Hard question, if you're on a budget, the R is good bang for your buck! But if you have a little extra cash the S3 is a good choice. Overall the build quality of the Audi is always going to be much better on the S3 vs the R.

I don't like the interior materials used on the R, seems very plastic and cheap.

Nice Nano, I think I recalled you mentioned you had an E90 - Nice, I can see a rear BBS LM's (reps?), quad rear diffuser (but you don't have quad exhuast?) front lip, CSL truck ;) is it Carbon Fibre? and painted? blacked out side mirrors. Register on e90 forums, you'll find me under ATTN.
Yeah it’s my E90 hehe, the front lip, side skirt extensions, rear diffuser and mirror covers are all carbon fibre as are some interior pieces I've found or changed up

Changed out my rear taillights for all red, the front headlights for blacked out with angel eyes which come on and stay on once the key is in even though my car never had angel eyes, smoked indicators and fog lights.

My favourite bit inside is the M3 idrive knob I made fit and look flush, had to buy a new one then gut it out and epoxy my old msport idrive knob inside to it and it worked out well bitch to gut them both without breaking anything, aluminium foot pedals for a rhd with the dead pedal where a bitch to find and install too lol

The LMs are reps as I couldn’t find a set at a nice price or with a good offset, ended up getting 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear +38 offset all round running 15mm eibach pro spacers plus a stud conversion so I can run normal fancy purple lug nuts

Got the quad tip diffuser with the front lip as a package but wanted the quad tip one for when I put the LS2 in it soon

The rear trunk is a csl one yup you noticed with a damn high kick lol, I had the choice of a carbon fibre one but got the fibre glass painted since the carbon fibre one is a fibre glass one with a carbon fibre top layer plus got the ACS roof spoiler painted too to make it flow better

I was looking at an aggro style diffuser and roof spoiler but it wouldn't go with the CSL style boot I got I think which turned out good

It was a mega bitch to fit since I had to cut and drill out everything as was every other thing on the outside like the lips, drilling and cutting carbon/fibre glass is nerve racking with how much it costs if you screw up lol...

I've done abit too it everywhere but I'm waiting to finish it off with some reliable power in the LS2 :grinning:

I frequent the E90 forums alot looking for information and tips/tricks but never joined them, maybe I should now

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Leaning towards an ls2, I’m thinking a blower over a turbo just love the whine it makes.
Good man :grinning:... keep it a sleeper and people will be seriously "WTF" when it takes off at lights.

I love turbo spool, but there's something about supercharger whine that screams "I mean business" rather than a turbo screaming "there's a party about to happen".

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good man :grinning:... keep it a sleeper and people will be seriously "WTF" when it takes off at lights.

I love turbo spool, but there's something about supercharger whine that screams "I mean business" rather than a turbo screaming "there's a party about to happen".
The whine is so good lol, people can hear that power coming on and know its about to go down. I do love the sound of a turbo spooling up but the whine is something else!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm a simple man, I am rewarding myself a 300 SRT8 as a present for surviving these last 6 ugly years. Just a 6.4L HEMI V8 pumping 350kw and 632nm and when I get bored a 2500k bolt on supercharger that takes it to 780hp. This will be the car I pass on to my son/daughter.

Enjoy! (Especially from 1:00 on)

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all you are going to do is a catback exhaust then you will have no issues whatsoever. The ringland problem is very inflated. With a tune you will get better acceleration and actually save fuel.

As i mentioned before. Mines a daily driver ane no issues whatsoever. So go for it. You wont be dissapointed. I bough the Hyperblue colour. Fkn love it. Also has RCE springs riding on 20s..
Fuck bro you seriously just gave me a boner lol I really want a sti ring land failure turned me off and made me not wanna but the thing, so thanks for the info I fucken love the sti’s, and that’s my plan just a catback I’m looking at one now that has warranty till 2020 a WR Blue, and the hyper-blue is gorgeous but dam more expensive love the blue stitching on the interior, also you think 35k is high kms on a sti?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned Golf R.. Just sold one MK7 last week.

Sold my 335i a while ago now to some pharmacist in WA. Ironically, it went back to where I originally bought it from. The car was completely worked spent a lot of $$ on her. Car as retuned, mapped, running E85 and so much more other shit.

Ended up getting a 2015 Golf R MK7, my god this car was probably one of the funnest cars to date. Agile, quick, all wheel drive.

Now I just picked up a 2016 BMW X5 with all options, M-sport package, HUD, Lane assist, Panaramic roof, BMW app connect so much more.

Picked up an under priced reason for the SUV got a baby boy coming soon, he's actually due in 3 weeks :grinning:

Will change the front grills to the X5M grills in gloss black. Probably the only thing I will do.

Waiting for delivery from Melbourne should be in Sydney by Tuesday

You won't be disappointed with the Golf R, I think VW have a finance special going on at the moment but not sure if that includes the R's. The only down side to the Golf is the interior feels like its cheaply made, compare to the BMW or even the Audi S3, which I also sold about 4 weeks ago.
I remember when you bought it, that 3 Series honestly is the sexiest i have seen in a long time.

I wanted one, but i ended up getting a Honda HRV as we were trying for kids also, he is now 15 months old.

congrats on the NEW Edition BTW, it'll be the hardest thing you and the misses will ever do but it will aos be the most rewarding.

My Son only in the last few days has learnt how to say Mum, so he is constantly saying Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, my misses is loving it.

I am still holding on to a little bit of hope tat i can get a Golf R, one day.

I'll probably be an old fart by the time i get one though

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Not one nice car up here in Surfers. Lebs must be up here yet lol

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I remember when you bought it, that 3 Series honestly is the sexiest i have seen in a long time.

I wanted one, but i ended up getting a Honda HRV as we were trying for kids also, he is now 15 months old.

congrats on the NEW Edition BTW, it'll be the hardest thing you and the misses will ever do but it will aos be the most rewarding.

My Son only in the last few days has learnt how to say Mum, so he is constantly saying Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum, my misses is loving it.

I am still holding on to a little bit of hope tat i can get a Golf R, one day.

I'll probably be an old fart by the time i get one though
There will be flying cars when I'm ready for my SRT8 lol

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If all you are going to do is a catback exhaust then you will have no issues whatsoever. The ringland problem is very inflated. With a tune you will get better acceleration and actually save fuel.

As i mentioned before. Mines a daily driver ane no issues whatsoever. So go for it. You wont be dissapointed. I bough the Hyperblue colour. Fkn love it. Also has RCE springs riding on 20s..
Moey, I finally got the beast thanks for all the info and I absolutely love it....

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Moey, I finally got the beast thanks for all the info and I absolutely love it....
The only Rexi I have ever liked.

Mabrook bro! (God bless it)

PS is that Merrylands? If it is then I'm pretty sure that brick house in the background is my wife's cousins house lol