Warren Ryan found guilty of assault

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Fkn pissing myself when I read that. The way it was written really paints a funny picture tbh.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Still love the old hard **** lol

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Ryan's IQ took a dive in those moments of stupidity.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Let's not knock the Wok , he's the man who created the Dogs of War.
He changed the way the Bulldogs were perceived and this is exactly what we've been calling out for.
Ryan has set the tone for our club.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ABC dumps the Warren Ryan Medal from its NRL coverage after former premiership-winning coach found guilty of assault

THE ABC has dumped the Warren Ryan Medal from its NRL coverage in a reaction to the former premiership-winning coach being found guilty of assault.

And for the first time, the 76-year-old bashed and kicked by Ryan at the Pagewood Hotel has spoken of his ordeal.

Edward Purcell has been a regular at the pub for almost 60 years but insists he was never a friend of Ryan because: “You either get abused or lectured … that’s why I’ve had nothing to do with him”.

The retired construction worker revealed he had rarely even spoken to Ryan before the assault.

“I had my first beer at the pub at 18 and I’ve been going there ever since,” he said.

“I’ve never been mates with him. He sits at one end of the table and my friends sit up the other end. Warren is Warren.”

THE ABC has dumped the Warren Ryan Medal from its NRL coverage in a reaction to the former premiership-winning coach being found guilty of assault.

And for the first time, the 76-year-old bashed and kicked by Ryan at the Pagewood Hotel has spoken of his ordeal.

Edward Purcell has been a regular at the pub for almost 60 years but insists he was never a friend of Ryan because: “You either get abused or lectured … that’s why I’ve had nothing to do with him”.

The retired construction worker revealed he had rarely even spoken to Ryan before the assault.

“I had my first beer at the pub at 18 and I’ve been going there ever since,” he said.

“I’ve never been mates with him. He sits at one end of the table and my friends sit up the other end. Warren is Warren.”

After retiring from coaching, Ryan spent two decades at the ABC as a commentator alongside the legendary David Morrow.

The Warren Ryan Medal was awarded to the best and fairest player, with judges voting on a 3-2-1 basis through the season. A source suggested the award would be known as ABC Grandstand player of the year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/26ac60447ddad6f1ec7ef4dd09773f8e

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ABC dumps the Warren Ryan Medal from its NRL coverage after former premiership-winning coach found guilty of assault

After retiring from coaching, Ryan spent two decades at the ABC as a commentator alongside the legendary David Morrow.

The Warren Ryan Medal was awarded to the best and fairest player, with judges voting on a 3-2-1 basis through the season. A source suggested the award would be known as ABC Grandstand player of the year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...t/news-story/26ac60447ddad6f1ec7ef4dd09773f8e
And lucky for us, Ozzy man has released a commentary of the incident:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If the ABC are naming it, it'll probably become the "LGBTI, refugee and abortion, participation award"

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol
My old man is in his 70s
Other than dementia setting in, the **** is physically fit and could easily throw a decent punch if need be

Don't right of old ***** lol

But from what I saw of the vid
Both looked slow and frail
lucky they didn't have a heart attack

so basically you are the total opposite of your old man, lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
you didn't get my crude way of picking on you, lol

you said he is physically fit and can throw a decent punch.
I got it
And trust me,
I know he can throw a punch
I was on the receiving end of plenty of them many times back in the day

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I got it
And trust me,
I know he can throw a punch
I was on the receiving end of plenty of them many times back in the day

I have been on the receiving end of this from my dad back in the day

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wok is a lot better person than what the media portray him to be in this political correctness age.
Yes he has a very hard character with old values, hates media and its BULLSHIT (we all do) and they hate him in return so naturally he is always their target.
Back in school days in the 70's and 80's when I was there, I remember he disliked lazy students that did not do sports and that has come naturally after all he was the sports master.
Anyone that knocks him, doesn't really know him.
One thing about the man HE NEVER TOOK SHIT FROM NOBODY be it.....People or Media
Over the years he has proven that he could handle himself well...
He is an ICON...TRULY The Godfather of THE DOGS OF WAR !

N

Natboy

Wok is a lot better person than what the media portray him to be in this political correctness age.
Yes he has a very hard character with old values, hates media and its BULLSHIT (we all do) and they hate him in return so naturally he is always their target.
Back in school days in the 70's and 80's when I was there, I remember he disliked lazy students that did not do sports and that has come naturally after all he was the sports master.
Anyone that knocks him, doesn't really know him.
One thing about the man HE NEVER TOOK SHIT FROM NOBODY be it.....People or Media
Over the years he has proven that he could handle himself well...
He is an ICON...TRULY The Godfather of THE DOGS OF WAR !
It’s good to see someone sticking up for him. He’s a tough old bastard.
The other old turd probably deserved it and what a piece of shit giving a statement against his mate for a little pub scuffle

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s good to see someone sticking up for him. He’s a tough old bastard.
The other old turd probably deserved it and what a piece of shit giving a statement against his mate for a little pub scuffle
Maybe, but 76 year old blokes punching on is pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.