NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
theres no way cleveland is going to beat the warriors if they try to push the pace, more shots = more golden state shots, thats like standing toe to toe with a power puncher

they sort of had a chance with that in 2016 because they were really clicking, that game when they destroyed atlanta with 21 3's was the prime time cleveland

edit 25 3's actually
I said that they aren't beating them, but when you look at the team on paper and how they've stacked the Guard and PF, SF positions you can see it's been put together to try combat what Warriors got. End of the day they lost 2016 because nobody could guard Durant.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Win or lose this game today the Celtics will be tough to beat in the finals series.

Man it would be good to get new blood in the finals a forth year of Golden cake and the Lavs would be YAWN.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Actually after seeing this I'm picking they win the East. They are hearty as fuck.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They could possibly hold GSW yes GSW!!!!!! to under 90?!?!?!?!?! Unreal.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They could possibly hold GSW yes GSW!!!!!! to under 90?!?!?!?!?! Unreal.
I just saw the box score. Curry 9 points? :o 3/14 shooting? :laughing: Did they d the crap out of him or he couldn’t hit his shots?

Mind you Irving wasn’t too much better I think he was 4/16 but at least he got 16.

Would have been a good game. Need to catch the highlights.

After the first 2 games I would never have thought they would be what is it 13-2 now. Great run and with injuries too so it shows they don’t rely on 1 player. I know it’s early but they been playing great ball so far and it’s all attitude based. Putting in on D is what wins you games in the end.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just saw the box score. Curry 9 points? :o 3/14 shooting? :laughing: Did they d the crap out of him or he couldn’t hit his shots?

Mind you Irving wasn’t too much better I think he was 4/16 but at least he got 16.

Would have been a good game. Need to catch the highlights.

After the first 2 games I would never have thought they would be what is it 13-2 now. Great run and with injuries too so it shows they don’t rely on 1 player. I know it’s early but they been playing great ball so far and it’s all attitude based. Putting in on D is what wins you games in the end.
He got in foul trouble but he was off and the Celtics were on.

They came back twice in the game. They show real guts. Yeah its early but imo they are legit. Came back on Okc and now cone back on GSW.

Fuck I hope it's two new teams in the finals. Magic being one lol yeah maybe not them.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holding them to 88 when they average close to 120 is awesome.
Exactly. Holding them to under 100 is amazing. Holding them to under 90 is insane. Unbelievable defensive effort by the cels. Shows absolute commitment to shut down gsw and only let them score 88.

If cavs shows half the heart of the cels they would have an extra 3-4 wins this season.

And to imagine they have a 13-2 (is that their record?) season so far with so many injuries. If they were 7-7 you say great run considering Horford, Hayward, Irving, Morris have all missed games so far. But with the adversity and being 13-2 shows courage and heart. Ok they may not have the best roster in the league or best/most skillful players but they seem to be playing for each other.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He got in foul trouble but he was off and the Celtics were on.

They came back twice in the game. They show real guts. Yeah its early but imo they are legit. Came back on Okc and now cone back on GSW.

Fuck I hope it's two new teams in the finals. Magic being one lol yeah maybe not them.
Would you rather the magic make it and lose 4-0 to gsw or would you rather Celtic knock them off? :p and Orlando miss out?

Last years finals was possibly the most boring one I have ever seen, definitely need a new spectacle.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Simmons he's good.I watched them play GSW the other day and even though they got blown out in the end, they player well.

What's everyone's thoughts on Lonzo?
I've watched every lakers game this season. Besides his ripper against Phoenix he's been extremely underwhelming.

he's not even the best rookie on his own team let alone a contender for ROTY

Seeing him match up against Simmons yesterday just shows how over hyped he was going into the draft. At best he'll be an average nba player... the Jason Kidd comparisons are way off...

Ben Simmons however is something very special. If he and embiid stay healthy the Sixers will be the best in the east for sure within a few years.

Lakers only hope is to splurge in free agency and try land lebron and Paul George

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've watched every lakers game this season. Besides his ripper against Phoenix he's been extremely underwhelming.

he's not even the best rookie on his own team let alone a contender for ROTY

Seeing him match up against Simmons yesterday just shows how over hyped he was going into the draft. At best he'll be an average nba player... the Jason Kidd comparisons are way off...

Ben Simmons however is something very special. If he and embiid stay healthy the Sixers will be the best in the east for sure within a few years.

Lakers only hope is to splurge in free agency and try land lebron and Paul George
Simmons and Embiid are good enough players that if they were to stay fit and stay together they could end up with 3-4 rings with the 76er's. They genuinely both have all-time great potential but the most impressive thing is that they both have that dog in them that all the NBA experts talk about, there both winners that could change the game. The only thing in there way literally is the injuries especially Embiid. Depending on how Fultz turns out they seem to have a strong core with Fults, Simmons, Saric and Embiid and with Covington coming off the bench they could be legit contenders in 2 years time. There starting 5 is only missing a legit 3 point shooter that can play on both ends, Avery Bradley would be perfect for them. They should also go after Monroe (Suns would probably just take Okafor for him) to help with the inside scoring when Embiid is on the bench especially if he is on a minutes restriction.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would you rather the magic make it and lose 4-0 to gsw or would you rather Celtic knock them off? :p and Orlando miss out?

Last years finals was possibly the most boring one I have ever seen, definitely need a new spectacle.
I'll be happy if the just make the playoffs and lose. Shows they are improving.

I just want a competitive series really. I want OKC Houston and Spurs to really push GSW which I think they will.

I want the Celtic or Washington to take the Cavs to 7. I want the Bucks to scare teams in the play offs. Last season's post season was absolute garbage. 2 teams steam rolling their way to the final and then one team steam rolling the other.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i was in the building for the double OT game couple of yrs ago, good to finally win

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even when my Spurs are having a shit season we still have the 5th best record.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That lossjust topped off a great weekend for me. Next up my Raiders going to get pumped by the Pats lol
Now hopefully my Boy's pump your Gaiders today :p PS I'm not counting on it as Zeke is still out.

YEE HAA! Lol

EDIT: 2 of our best, Zeke and Dez

Last edited: