Moylan / Maloney player swap talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just heard this on fox. Moylon 4 year deal with sharks worth 3.6 million. Maloney 3 year deal with penrith worth 2.5 million

Chooky4Dogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
It is a shame that the club has been so badly managed in recent times, it would be great to be able to try and attract either one of these two to the club. Moylan is a great player that could cover several positions, and as for Maloney, you would think that he has probably played his last Origin game so you would have him all season, two time premiership winner.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep...once again never believe anything reported by the media that has been spoken about by a club. Penrith categorically denied that Moylan would be moving on and that both parties had settled their differences. As for Maloney, was only a matter of time. The NRL circus/ merry go round continues........

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Figure seems low for Maloney and shows how much of a bargain the sharks got.

Des didn't rate him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Penrith getting the much better deal. Maloney/Cleary halves pairing next season, wow.
Controversial opinion but I’m the other way haha

Garbage defence and zero discipline from a 30+ year old bloke (experienced etc yes I know) under a piss poor excuse of a coach

Or

Overrated but still good 25 year old supported by an experienced cast of forwards and backs who have been in the biggest games under a coach who I personally cannot fucking stand but has the runs on the board.

Sharks with the win for mine. Maloney is good but he’s not that good.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Controversial opinion but I’m the other way haha

Garbage defence and zero discipline from a 30+ year old bloke (experienced etc yes I know) under a piss poor excuse of a coach

Or

Overrated but still good 25 year old supported by an experienced cast of forwards and backs who have been in the biggest games under a coach who I personally cannot fucking stand but has the runs on the board.

Sharks with the win for mine. Maloney is good but he’s not that good.
Yh Maloneys defence is terrible and he's also pretty undisciplined, but at the same time you just have to look at his record. At the 3 clubs he was a regular starter he made the GF with each one and won a Premiership with 2. That's a top strike rate and all that matters in the end.

Him alongside Cleary will be so much more beneficial for Cleary and the Panthers compared to the ball hog Moylan.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the sharks are getting the worse of this deal. Maloney as a half at this point in time is so much better than moylan and is proven in big games

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maloney has always been good value for the club he has played for and seems to be a player other players love to have around. Good goal kicker aswell which adds extra value to his never over inflated halves asking price and doesnt seem to have any off field indiscretions that i can recall. Also doesnt seem to get injured often.He would of fit into the dogs culture as he is a team player, also not many halves are great defenders these days and get targeted by the big men.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Maloney:

Storm: 2009 Premiers (didn't play in the GF but was obviously a goodluck charm
Warriors: 2011 GF
Roosters: 2013 Premiers
Sharks: 2016 Premiers

We sure could do with someone like that at our club!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Figure seems low for Maloney and shows how much of a bargain the sharks got.

Des didn't rate him.
What is Maloney on at the sharks.
Does anyone know?

I remember reading throught the season he was on say $600k but looking for an upgrade after the likes of Ben Hunt got over $1m.

$830k a season for the next three seasons or a player over 30yo is good money.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maloney has always been good value for the club he has played for and seems to be a player other players love to have around. Good goal kicker aswell which adds extra value to his never over inflated halves asking price and doesnt seem to have any off field indiscretions that i can recall. Also doesnt seem to get injured often.He would of fit into the dogs culture as he is a team player, also not many halves are great defenders these days and get targeted by the big men.
Yep, a shame we only have t cents left on the salary cap.
Player swap?
Only one I can think of is Mybe and doubt Cronulla would be interested.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maloney would have been gold to snag, you can only expect him to be upset when you see the money players like Reynolds, Moses, Hunt etc get. Maloney is top tier half and worth more than any of them but gets paid peanuts deserves a good pay bracket for he's golden years.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Maloney has been great but this past season was his worst since 2010. 3 years is too many in my opinion.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Moylan at 900k a season is a total waste of money

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moylan at 900k a season is a total waste of money
absolutely laughable. All it takes is for joey or freddy to say a player reminds them of lockyer etc like they did with moylan and all of a sudden they become hugely overrated. There are countless examples such as mullens, brooks and im predicting nathan cleary as well. Moylan's talented but im yet to see him dominate games of football like the wraps he gets indicate he should. Haven't seen much evidence of a good kicking game from him either

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If he does go to Penriff then I'm putting a lazy 100 on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.