Canterbury legend Jim Dymock to quit Bulldogs over Dean Pay coaching appointment: The Mole

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need someone like Reni Matua back in our fold to work within the club in some capacity .
I can see why I guess... His raw, young and can relate. Wouldn't mind seeing Polly, Sherwin or Pricey around the club? Or even a cameo from the Ogre and Mace.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
GOOOOOOOOD, see ya Jimmy, no more YES MEN !!!! It's time for some perception amongst our coaching staff. Signing a rookie coach in Pay, we need his assistants to be vocal and able to communicate with the coach and amongst themselves. Not just sit back nodding their heads smiling collecting a pay packet.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well now Jimmy...............if thats the kind of poor attitude you chose to adopt after coming second, may I ask you to be so kind to please pack your shit out of your rusty locker, then come and see me personally and I will be more than happy to drop you off at Belmore Railway Station in about 5 minutes.
A bit like the majority of supporters (not necessarily kennel members ) who really only gave up on Des a Once it was obvious there was going to be no semi final campaign . I’m sure if they scrapped into 8th or were 8th spot all season playing the way they did , des would still be around and the outcry wouldn’t have been huge.

Dymock done his time , overlooked 3 times , time for him to look out for himself . And as another poster pointed out , Dymock seems to have a far better record then Pay

N

Natboy

A bit like the majority of supporters (not necessarily kennel members ) who really only gave up on Des a Once it was obvious there was going to be no semi final campaign . I’m sure if they scrapped into 8th or were 8th spot all season playing the way they did , des would still be around and the outcry wouldn’t have been huge.

Dymock done his time , overlooked 3 times , time for him to look out for himself . And as another poster pointed out , Dymock seems to have a far better record then Pay
I’d back Pay’s apprenticeships over Dymocks by a mile

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t blame our lack of attacking structure on Dymock. It’s the head coach’s call, not assistant. Assistant coach cannot overrule the head coach’s decision regarding structure.

How quick we are to forget how vastly our attack improved when Dymock took over from Moore.
You’re quick to forget how the attack improved when the players took over from Hasler & the coaching staff in the last 3 games of the season!!!!

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d back Pay’s apprenticeships over Dymocks by a mile
Big call. I don't count pay as being the understudy for Bellamy, who knows how much interaction the 20s coach has with the head coach.

He has done most of the time with sticky. And sticky seems to be a shit coach tbh.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What is the role of an assistant coach other than obvious?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What a dick so he will be an assistant coach for another club but not the dogs.
Because he knows he has no chance of ever being head coach here. He has a chance at another club. He paid his dues here and should've been given first crack

N

Natboy

Big call. I don't count pay as being the understudy for Bellamy, who knows how much interaction the 20s coach has with the head coach.

He has done most of the time with sticky. And sticky seems to be a shit coach tbh.
What about the origin coaching too?
I like Dymock but just don’t see how he would get picked up by any other club anytime soon

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dymock is staying , he is still training the boys as we speak

It will be dymock, hethrington, and kimmorly working part time with the halves

New guy with experience and qualifications taking over from grimaldi , has been working in south African rugby

Head of medical will be a guy who has been here before .......

Few guys need to finish up where they are and we need to terminate a few staff members without pissing them off too much

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dymock is staying , he is still training the boys as we speak

It will be dymock, hethrington, and kimmorly working part time with the halves

New guy with experience and qualifications taking over from grimaldi , has been working in south African rugby

Head of medical will be a guy who has been here before .......

Few guys need to finish up where they are and we need to terminate a few staff members without pissing them off too much
Just curious. Have you validated a source with a mod?

Head of medical thats been here before? Tony Ayoub?

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOOOOOOOOD, see ya Jimmy, no more YES MEN !!!! It's time for some perception amongst our coaching staff. Signing a rookie coach in Pay, we need his assistants to be vocal and able to communicate with the coach and amongst themselves. Not just sit back nodding their heads smiling collecting a pay packet.
question is could or would ANY other assustant have stood up to and questioned des, I doubt it

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in canberra after announcing Brett White would take over from Pay as Ricky’s assistant the story reads that Pay will take Steve Antonelli (the Mounties coach) with him to Belmore

Reactions: DT

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
question is could or would ANY other assustant have stood up to and questioned des, I doubt it
I have no doubts that as an assistant coach it is your duty and responsibility to:

1. To teach, train and develop players technical and tactical skill sets in the game of Rugby League ( In this area we looked hopeless)
2. Ensure coaching reflects the level of the competition being played. ( Compared to other teams.......we were easy beats) and
3. Gain / Possess thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of the game of Rugby League for the competition in which you are coaching in ( Coaching wise we were no where near NRL standards. Des as head coach deserves most of the criticism But the men standing in the shadows behind him deserve theirs as well.)

Now with that said and the year that we have just had our entire coaching staff including Dymock failed the club, our team and us fans. All season our team looked clunky, busted and disorganized. If Dymock at any stage was true blue, he could have voiced his opinions/frustrations But he chose not too. Whether it was through fear of losing his job or through his mate-ship with Des that kept him quiet, only god knows but one thing is certain. This year was a total loss and Dymock played his part in it!!! If Jimmy stays lets hope he finds his voice, if he goes all the better.

Reactions: DT

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about the origin coaching too?
I like Dymock but just don’t see how he would get picked up by any other club anytime soon
Did he just coach under 20s? Or did he mingle with the first grade squad. If so, again, I'd say the apprenticeship is shit. Who wants to be around a decade losing squad.

Hopefully he is own man, and creates his own style.

Status
Not open for further replies.