Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have no mail and would not have a clue who he is playing for next year but I can read body language and also can read in between the lines, and from what I heard after the gf, looks more than likely that cronk will play on if the price is right..
Well a sponsor told me he will play 2018 and becomes halves coach 2019 onwards.

Didn't post it publicly because it's too good to be true lol

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
They were favourites for the 2018 title the same day they signed Tedesco....so, Cronk is still BS in my opinion!
We were second favorites after we signed Woods and Foran.
In saying that, we wouldn't be 2nd favorites anymore due to all the changes after those signings.
Our cap a shambles, Graham gone, trying to offload more players, Des sacked since then.

In my books, we should be clear outright favorites and daylight second cause we got rid of that imposter coach who killed off our attack.
Certainly not 2nd favorites.
We are at $26 equal with Gold Coast Titans & Newcastle Knights.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
I hope it's that we are cap compliant... and that shuts the bullshit media up.

Eh?

He hasn't posted on Instagram since August and before that May.

Pretty sure he got off social media a while back.
not an instagram post, those video things at the top! whatever they are

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Has it happened yet?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well a sponsor told me he will play 2018 and becomes halves coach 2019 onwards.

Didn't post it publicly because it's too good to be true lol
We won't go for Cronk. New coach, roster shake up, rebuilding, bringing up our juniors. None of that lines up with paying a shitload for a storm player for 1 year only. I also doubt they will start the new era without settling who is halves coach. As if they wait till 2019 to finalise the coaching staff.

And of cause theres the old chestnut WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR CRONK. Personally id see it as a negative to get Cronk in. It would take him a year to adjust to playing for another team and then hes gone.

I reckon cronk coming is 1,000,000 to 1

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We won't go for Cronk. New coach, roster shake up, rebuilding, bringing up our juniors. None of that lines up with paying a shitload for a storm player for 1 year only. I also doubt they will start the new era without settling who is halves coach. As if they wait till 2019 to finalise the coaching staff.

And of cause theres the old chestnut WE DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR CRONK. Personally id see it as a negative to get Cronk in. It would take him a year to adjust to playing for another team and then hes gone.

So you’re saying there’s a chance????? :grinning:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly not 2nd favorites.
We are at $26 equal with Gold Coast Titans & Newcastle Knights.
We shouldn't be that low, I agreed with them last year when we were predicted 13th but its hard to see us doing worse or equal to what we did this year.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We shouldn't be that low, I agreed with them last year when we were predicted 13th but its hard to see us doing worse or equal to what we did this year.
Hmmmm....I think we will do better than 10 wins.
However lot of unknowns with new coach and players.
Personally I think we will be 13 to 14 wins and make the 8 again.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Hence why I didn't post it lol

PS don't believe that salary cap bullshit, we are fine.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he was going to announce the website that has the cheap Chinese jerseys

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hence why I didn't post it lol

PS don't believe that salary cap bullshit, we are fine.
As is we are fine i agree....Cronk would put us a shitload over the cap. Maybe 2 shitloads.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I'll take those odds & bet you 1c!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe he was going to announce the website that has the cheap Chinese jerseys
In Canberra there are counterfeit $20 & $50 notes, made of paper (no less) with Chinese characters written on them. HOw anybody would be fooled by them is beyond me unless you are taking the same stuff as Proctor & Bromwhich!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay said in an interview we are not going for cronk our roster is almost done- good to have such a straight shooter without the bullshit games

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need Cronk more than the Roosters do ! Seriously we need to get better at this. We need a brilliant halves coach and we need even more focus on recruitment ... look at the gems of players that Melbourne buy and grow to be legends... even unwanted players from a range of clubs that now shine. We are years behind a club like Melbourne, thanks Des. One strategy in future could be to recruit only Melbourne players in future.. and pick their brains
Bellamy turns to Matt Johns for coaching his halves Munster and a few others sent up to Sydney at various points this year

Why not get him or his brother ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.