Canterbury legend Jim Dymock to quit Bulldogs over Dean Pay coaching appointment: The Mole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A shattered Jim Dymock is set to quit the Bulldogs after more than a decade following the club's decision to hand the coaching job to Dean Pay for 2018.

Pay and Dymock were involved in a two-horse race to replace Des Hasler last week as the Bulldogs' head coach.

As Hasler's right hand man and after a long career at the club on and off the field, Dymock got plenty of support before officials opted for Canberra assistant coach Pay.

Dymock has already had talks with both Cronulla and Parramatta about an assistant coach role.

The Sharks have lost Steve Price to Warrington, while the Eels need to find someone to come in for Peter Gentle, who has moved to Souths.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/10/03...dogs-over-dean-pay-coach-appointment-the-mole

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well some on here were saying he never wanted the job....obviously far off the mark. What can you do, I think others are right in that he maybe needs to go out and make a mark of his own....like Pay did. I don't know enough about eithers coaching tbh to know which way we should have gone. I have already decided to support Pay so I will and sorry to see you go Dymock but go make your mark mate.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a dick so he will be an assistant coach for another club but not the dogs.
Well, he has been overlooked twice and probably thinks he will never get a shot at the 1st grade coaches role at our club.
He will probably go to Parra as that is his other home.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted it in the rumours yesterday lol don't you love it
Call me the moley mail man

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised?

He has been offered opportunities elsewhere but chose to stay at the Bulldogs under the belief that he would take over from Des one day. Since that's never going to happen he may as well look elsewhere.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a bad thing, has done nothing in the last few years. He left us for parra at the end of the day. Lets have a complete fresh start. If he had any sense at all he would see that Hasler's tactics were not working and left rather than being a yes man.

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
You can’t blame our lack of attacking structure on Dymock. It’s the head coach’s call, not assistant. Assistant coach cannot overrule the head coach’s decision regarding structure.

How quick we are to forget how vastly our attack improved when Dymock took over from Moore.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a dick so he will be an assistant coach for another club but not the dogs.
to be fair he got dicked some many times now over the years, i can't blame him he want to grow as a coach not continuously shadow somebody else.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can’t blame our lack of attacking structure on Dymock. It’s the head coach’s call, not assistant. Assistant coach cannot overrule the head coach’s decision regarding structure.

How quick we are to forget how vastly our attack improved when Dymock took over from Moore.
Well if all he did was look and nod then he can go anyway, he can stick his his Salmon.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's the mole

Don't believe a word he says , dymock is staying

Word is it could be a different James/Jimmy going

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Well if all he did was look and nod then he can go anyway, he can stick his his Salmon.
That’s the thing. We don’t know what he did. He can make the best suggestions - ones that would have made us a premiership winning side on several occasions ... but it’s up to the head coach to implement them.

I see Dymock’s style of footy as a more free flowing, risk taking strategy (again, basing this on when he took over from Moore), and Hasler is the extreme opposite of this style - so stylistically, Hasler and Dymock we’re not a match - hence why Dymock was on the sideline relaying messages and others were in the box with Des.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the mole

Don't believe a word he says , dymock is staying

Word is it could be a different James/Jimmy going
I reported the rumour before the mole and believe me it has legs
Dymock won't be here next year

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.