The Press Conference is damning of Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We may be just a forum guys, but we are collectively the canary in that mining cave. When we start to fight and lose our shit at what is going on, slowly, the media and eventually management absorb what we see first.

However, while that may be a strength for us, it is also an annoying weakness. We have many on here that start freaking out like a panic attacked canary if a miner farts a few metres away. So we do flip flop a lot and it comes with the territory of being in a forum with a wide age range.

Having said all that, this Press Conference was our mouth piece was it not? And everything they decided to emphasise as important and is going to pave the way for the future was exactly what Hasler had failed at.

Here are the interesting points that I believe insinuate Hasler created a lot of damage to our Club: -

"We are happy to have one our own come back to the Club" - Dib is probably reinforcing the fact that we did not have one of our own and it did not work and now we do!

We always were going to interview Pay and Dymock because they were from the Family - Dib has another dig that Hasler is not from the family and they were not going to make the same mistake twice.

Important message to our fans - it will be a different looking club than the one we are used to. - In other words, we are so going to be doing things very differently than Des!

Over the preseason, we will work out the best way for the team - in other words, we won't be enforcing our ideas like Hasler did, we will play to the strengths and skills of the team.

Everyone is going to be included in the Club - from the juniors to top - everyone is going to be included - bring back our culture and the family tradition. - This tells us that Hasler was arrogant, exclusive and fractured the club - people did not feel they mattered or were included. His rules and his team is all he cared about. Everyone else was nothing to him.

The systems and pathways for our juniors to come through - the fact that this needs a lot of work and attention means Hasler completely abandoned our life blood that expresses our DNA!

Players who have come through the juniors care more about the Club. - Does this pretty much say Hasler was not a Dog and he did not care about our junior base one little bit. Completely neglected it and we have seen the results!

Immediate positional change indications - Hence, Hasler had the make up of the team all wrong!

We won't be copying anyone - we will play with a little madness (Dogs of War) - no more Hasler lame playing toothless with no character and without the growl. Dogs of Madness or Mad Dogs might be our new slogan. lol

"I want to be a really aggressive team with our defence, and especially with our attack." - Does this not show that Pay and co are not impressed with Hasler's robotic attitude of just playing to the statistics?

"Pay also revealed that hooker Michael Lichaa, who was told he had would not be re-signed under Hasler's watch, was a chance of remaining at the club." - Basically, Hasler completely misused him for years and we almost destroyed our chances of realising his potential as a Dog.

How refreshing to have Pay talk so easily without disjointed ums and ahs and fractured sentences?

2018 has got to be better now that alignment is happening with our values and a management team that wants to and is confident they will deliver them.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may be just a forum guys, but we are collectively the canary in that mining cave. When we start to fight and lose our shit at what is going on, slowly, the media and eventually management absorb what we see first.

However, while that may be a strength for us, it is also an annoying weakness. We have many on here that start freaking out like a panic attacked canary if a miner farts a few metres away. So we do flip flop a lot and it comes with the territory of being in a forum with a wide age range.

Having said all that, this Press Conference was our mouth piece was it not? And everything they decided to emphasise as important and is going to pave the way for the future was exactly what Hasler had failed at.

Here are the interesting points that I believe insinuate Hasler created a lot of damage to our Club: -

"We are happy to have one our own come back to the Club" - Dib is probably reinforcing the fact that we did not have one of our own and it did not work and now we do!

We always were going to interview Pay and Dymock because they were from the Family - Dib has another dig that Hasler is not from the family and they were not going to make the same mistake twice.

Important message to our fans - it will be a different looking club than the one we are used to. - In other words, we are so going to be doing things very differently than Des!

Over the preseason, we will work out the best way for the team - in other words, we won't be enforcing our ideas like Hasler did, we will play to the strengths and skills of the team.

Everyone is going to be included in the Club - from the juniors to top - everyone is going to be included - bring back our culture and the family tradition. - This tells us that Hasler was arrogant, exclusive and fractured the club - people did not feel they mattered or were included. It was his rules and his team is all he cared about. Everyone else was nothing to him.

The systems and pathways for our juniors to come through - the fact that this needs a lot of work and attention means Hasler completely abandoned our life blood that expresses our DNA!

Players who have come through the juniors care more about the Club. - Does this pretty much say Hasler was not a Dog and he did not care about our junior base one little bit. Completely neglected it and we have seen the results!

Immediate positional change indications - Hence, Hasler had the make up of the team all wrong!

We won't be copping anyone - we will play with a little madness (Dogs of War) - no more Hasler lame playing toothless with no character and without the growl. Dogs of Madness or Mad Dogs might be our new slogan. lol

"I want to be a really aggressive team with our defence, and especially with our attack." - Does this not show that Pay and co are not impressed with Hasler's robotic attitude of just playing to the statistics?

"Pay also revealed that hooker Michael Lichaa, who was told he had would not be re-signed under Hasler's watch, was a chance of remaining at the club." - Basically, Hasler completely misused him for years and we almost destroyed our chances of realising his potential as a Dog.

How refreshing to have Pay talk so easily without disjointed um and ahs and fractured sentences.

2018 has got to be better now that alignment is happening with our values and a management team that wants to and is confident they will deliver them.
BLUEBODY mate you're post is great, you obviously have an IQ. Sick of seeing hate posts against Dib or anyone else without explaining their reason.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
BLUEBODY mate you're post is great, you obviously have an IQ. Sick of seeing hate posts against Dib or anyone else without explaining their reason.
While I have been concerned about Dib, it's not like he has not been in action to fix this mess. He is not perfect, but has he been following the processes to ensure we the fans and the Club get what we deserve in a coach, a playing group and results - we surely all can see he has been. I will see how he goes over the offseason before I personally have a view whether he should be moved on or not. Although I have leaned on him moving on, I sense being neutral for a little while is worth it.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And that is exactly how he ended up at manly

Juniors and fans being ignored and back ended contacts stuffing up their recruitment

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way they are going to go down the path of an 'outsider' especially straight after Hasler.
At the time we all thought we had poached a gold bullion but what actually happened was we got an ingot that lost its shine and was really a lump of Tony Abbot coal, completely useless in the modern times.
Dib has copped plenty on this forum and some of it completely deserved but mistakes were made and he is attempting to right the wrongs.
I really dont know enough about Dib to comment but he is supposed to be a powerful guy so i will at least allow him to fix some issues and replacing Hasler was my major problem with the club so hats off to him.
The club had obviously lost its direction and vigour under Hasler and he simply had to go, no matter the expense.
Dean Pay was supposed to be our coach in 2017 so it has been a delayed start for him and he will not let this opportunity slip.
Raylene Castle did some good things in the background but ultimately paid the price (being female didnt help her imo) but the main thing is this is a new era possibility for the club and i think thats the way its heading.
Lets support them and enjoy the ride, for better or worse.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched the presser for first time and was impressed with the authenticity and transparency of Pay. It's a nice change (complete understatement) to have a coach that does not talk in riddles or hide behind stats.

Dib hinting at more signings "exciting news' please be Cronk or Moylan or both lol

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dib has copped plenty on this forum and some of it completely deserved but mistakes were made and he is attempting to right the wrongs
Dib made a lot of those decision based on hasler being a highly rated coach and a lot of things in the background that none of us know of.

Yes he made mistakes but I don't think he screwed the club to the levels written on the kennel.

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched the presser for first time and was impressed with the authenticity and transparency of Pay. It's a nice change (complete understatement) to have a coach that does not talk in riddles or hide behind stats.

Dib hinting at more signings "exciting news' please be Cronk or Moylan or both lol

Bro those two players would be awesome. But I doubt it lol

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is Dib being a two year old and trying to give it to hasler cause he is suing us.

Not sure we should be waving a red rag at Des .....

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Everyone is going to be included in the Club - from the juniors to top - everyone is going to be included - bring back our culture and the family tradition. - This tells us that Hasler was arrogant, exclusive and fractured the club - people did not feel they mattered or were included. His rules and his team is all he cared about. Everyone else was nothing to him.

We won't be copping anyone - we will play with a little madness (Dogs of War) - no more Hasler lame playing toothless with no character and without the growl. Dogs of Madness or Mad Dogs might be our new slogan. lol

How refreshing to have Pay talk so easily without disjointed um and ahs and fractured sentences.

Well worded and thought out pst mate. Good times are certainly ahead.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must say i thought the body language regarding Lichaa was not good, they both wriggled and squirmed a bit i thought...i would be shocked if he was with us in 2018 but anything is possible at the moment.
Perhaps they will 'give' him the proceeds from one of the pokies like they used to....oh did i say that out loud?..hehe

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i never thought i would ever ever say this

One i am player i am looking forward to play next year is not Foran, nor woods, not klemmer , not Mbye but the guy who almost got his career ended due to desball.

michael lichaa for hooker of the year next year.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of the criticism dib has received is due to the fact, he never had anyone in a position who made Hasler accountable for what he was doing to the club (except Greenberg, he kept Hasler on a leash)! As maitua stated on skipi tv podcast, Hasler was the chairman, ceo and coach, Hasler controlled the club! Why???? Because he was allowed to, and got away with it!

Yes, dib has done the right thing and fired Hasler, and we thank, appreciate and acknowledge this, but if next year was not a board voting year I doubt this would have occurred! Hence why Dib backed Hasler to make the eight by signing him for two more years early in the season, when Hasler failed to make the eight, Dib threw Hasler under the bus to give himself the best chance possible to save his own ass!

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I have been concerned about Dib, it's not like he has not been in action to fix this mess. He is not perfect, but has he been following the processes to ensure we the fans and the Club get what we deserve in a coach, a playing group and results - we surely all can see he has been. I will see how he goes over the offseason before I personally have a view whether he should be moved on or not. Although I have leaned on him moving on, I sense being neutral for a little while is worth it.
Thanks mate, Dib has admitted making mistakes, what I have a problem with is blatant hate without a good reason. In the past I have always give Dib my proxy, but like yourself I'll wait till the election and see what happens in the next few months and see who leads this rebel ticket, I'll be going the AGM this time if at all possible.
Unfortunately some just post hate against Dib without even knowing why.
(1) Giving Hassler to much power. (2) Employing all Des's Manly stooges. (3) Not sacking Cleal sooner, who at the very least did nothing for the club. (4) Been involved in appointing Castles, who may have done a good job dealing with corporates, but obviously contributed nothing to the football department. (5) Extending Des's contract for another 2 years.

Dib probably had good reasons for his decision at the time, but most of his decisions would have to have been agreed to by the board.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way they are going to go down the path of an 'outsider' especially straight after Hasler.
At the time we all thought we had poached a gold bullion but what actually happened was we got an ingot that lost its shine and was really a lump of Tony Abbot coal, completely useless in the modern times.
Dib has copped plenty on this forum and some of it completely deserved but mistakes were made and he is attempting to right the wrongs.
I really dont know enough about Dib to comment but he is supposed to be a powerful guy so i will at least allow him to fix some issues and replacing Hasler was my major problem with the club so hats off to him.
The club had obviously lost its direction and vigour under Hasler and he simply had to go, no matter the expense.
Dean Pay was supposed to be our coach in 2017 so it has been a delayed start for him and he will not let this opportunity slip.
Raylene Castle did some good things in the background but ultimately paid the price (being female didnt help her imo) but the main thing is this is a new era possibility for the club and i think thats the way its heading.
Lets support them and enjoy the ride, for better or worse.
2017 season proved beyond any doubt the need for a coach whose knows the bulldogs culture if Des had been sacked at the end of 2016 appointing a former bulldog to coach would not have meant as much, timing is very important appointing Pay at this time will now mean much more for players club and fans.

Last edited:

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dib made all those comments to save his arse.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Dib made all those comments to save his arse.
it is possible all his decisions to clean up the mess was just to save his arse. However, why can't he save his arse doing a great job redeeming himself? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.