New Bulldogs coach Dean Pay wants club to focus on developing talent to rebuild its culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Live stream just ended, full video should be on the Bulldogs Facebook page in a moment. I only joined towards the end

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Live stream just ended, full video should be on the Bulldogs Facebook page in a moment. I only joined towards the end
Ty for the updates I'll watch it back. I am really excited for next season!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay overall spoke about rebuilding the club back to its traditional values. Family club, dogs of war etc. emphasis on bringing through juniors.

announcement regarding salary cap in the coming days, saying we ARE salary cap compliant now. Sounded like we have released someone.

Dib said he hopes dymock stays on. Pay wants to work with him but it's up to Dymock if he wants to stay.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will do well, he has learnt from the best in Canberra in relation to bringing through juniors

Look how good cotric, tapine etc have gone
Tapine is a Newcastle junior, but you're right junior development is the best way to go

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nu brownn was recruited to play hooker
But nah change under dean pay
I’d still flick lichaa
Have Foran at 7
Cleveland at 6

Imagine rfm running off Foran and Jacko being Cleveland’s hitman

We have a good side and with some tweaks a top 8 spot should be a min target
Cleveland - isn't he that bloke from family guy?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I keep on reading about the rebuilding business, I think some of us have lost faith in the Bulldogs spirit thanks to Has-been,
I believe coached properly we still have the team to win yes to win the premiership 2018 taking into consideration players play in their right positions and to the utmost of their ability.
This would be my team and why:
1 MBYE...has the credentials to become a great fullback without the organizing pressures
2 B. MORRIS...fit he can still be a strike force
3 HOPOATE...his running and passing ability would be tremendous
4 J. MORRIS...he might have lost some speed, out wide his defense absolutely essential
5 MONTOYA...needless to say he is our brightest young back
6 BROWN...he looks the goods in attack and defense
7 FORAN...organizing half he is know, it's wrong to risk his fragile body as a hard running five-eight
8 TOLMAN...a full 80 minutes player if needed, keep away from the ball on the 4th tackle
9 LICHAA...will be a better player if allowed to play his natural game, he'll rise or fall by his action
10 KLEMMER...he is a prop the coach should help him recapture his great ability to offload
11 JACKSON C...captain Jackson say no more
12 ELLIOTT...great prospect needs to work on his mistakes rate
13 WOODS...at lock he will have the freedom to roam can be devastating on the edges
14 FUALALO...no nonsense go forward prop
15 TUALAU...can be a devastating runner and hits hard front on
16 FAITALA-MARINER...nonstop action needs to fine tune his game
17 WOOLFORD...very talented time for him to rise
18 TO'OMAGA...has the potential to be similar to Taumalolo
19 EASTWOOD...if we keep him he needs to prove himself in reserves.
I am sure other players with potential would rise to the challenge under the new coach
Your thoughts...?

Reactions: mez

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of the best things he said is he wants to be aggressive in attack and defence.
So refreshing to hear....translating this into action though will require strength and fitness to improve significantly on current levels.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the best things he said is he wants to be aggressive in attack and defence.
There use to be a sign in the sheds at Belmore when Bullfrog was around that quoted the "Law of the Jungle" by R Kipling

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack."

Back when players from other clubs would groan at the prospect of playing the Bulldogs that coming week, knowing that they would be definitely hurting on the Monday after...

cLEBrity

Mujnoon
Reaction score
Dean also said there was 4 new players coming,
Woods, Foran , Brown , who is the 4th? Sezar? maybe?

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why can't this press conference be posted online

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dean also said there was 4 new players coming,
Woods, Foran , Brown , who is the 4th? Sezar? maybe?
Not sezer, he is happy in Canberra and Dean won't cut Ricky's grass like that

They are looking at a few guys like Frank pritchard
Cheap , short term and fill that senior leadership role we have been missing

Bit like Lima did at the raiders, Benji will be doing at the tigers, Frank did at parra etc

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on the evidence Lee is in front of the whole team due to him clearly being our best attacking weapon this year, hard to turn your back on that stat.
Im talking about all round game as his horrible d wipes out the good he does in attack

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Cleeland is a better defender than Frawley and Reynolds. Brenko struggles, there is no question about that, but he can be improved if he stops rushing out of the line.
And heres the thing, guess who brenko was always defending outside of?? Yep, reynolds and frawley. So often he was rushing out of the line due to the shit defensive reads of frawley. In the last few games mbye was playing right side and brenkos defence was nuch better.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I beg to differ. Cleeland is a better defender than Frawley and Reynolds. Brenko struggles, there is no question about that, but he can be improved if he stops rushing out of the line.
Fcuk Frawley. Cleeland technique wise and reading play his good.. Its his strength you worry about. Hardly hits and sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.