Aaron Woods = Dally M prop of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cant criticise the club for signing Woods, but im still gonna miss Graham irrespective of how good Woods is
I don't think you will miss much him after the 2018 season starts, specially his captaincy!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would like to know what Robbo is doing in life in general these days? is he still in Sydney, what does he do for a crust, does anyone know? I do know he won a premiership with the U23's the same year the Dogs won all three Grades coz I was there that day which I will never forget!!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And guess who won that.....PEPTIDES!!
pretty appalling that a guy whos about to get the most metres run in a season doesn't win the award. Swear they just pick the awards out of a hat. I'd like to know how widdop got 5/8 of the year over keary and how the hell they even judge captain of the year

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My apologies, Robbo was the Coach of the U23.....not a player at the time.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I hope next year if pay is coach Klemmer and woods are the 8 and 10 and fuafalo is 13 and tolman is in a knights jersey with Jacko and rfm in 11,12 and Tualau, elliott, brown and some other big mongrel in the bench maybe that warriors kid we meant to get? Gives us tolmans and eastwoods coin to spend

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Woods is handy but he's not going to solve the Bulldogs problem of not being able to score points.
Losing Graham & Kasiano and gaining Woods is hardly a move in a positive direction. He won't be a dud buy, but he won't be in the running for buy of the year either.
I think the Bulldogs will be a weaker line up in 2018 unless they can pick up 3 to 4 quality backs including a number 7. That's unlikely, as is a top 8 position next year.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone here still think he is a dud? He is a modern day front rower. Big, strong, hard to pull down, has an offload, very mobile for his size and has a big motor. What say the woodsy haters???
I would play him lock
For a prop he needs More aggression

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My apologies, Robbo was the Coach of the U23.....not a player at the time.
It was 1991. I seem to remember he was a truck driver. I think he was arrested many years ago for (I think) possession of stolen goods. I do not know if he was innocent or guilty of the charges.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a fullback to take advantage of his late offloads. Support play is key next season to get the best out of Woods.

Woods is an outstanding club footballer. Origin not so much, then again I don't read into overhyped origin anymore the Blues as a whole are woeful.
I have no doubt that Mbye at FB would be the best option to take advantage of Woods offloads, hopefully Pay at least tries him their, Des certainly would not have.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty appalling that a guy whos about to get the most metres run in a season doesn't win the award. Swear they just pick the awards out of a hat. I'd like to know how widdop got 5/8 of the year over keary and how the hell they even judge captain of the year
There can be no doubt that politics has a lot to do with awards, Green considering the injuries to his star players should have won it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Woods is handy but he's not going to solve the Bulldogs problem of not being able to score points.
Losing Graham & Kasiano and gaining Woods is hardly a move in a positive direction. He won't be a dud buy, but he won't be in the running for buy of the year either.
I think the Bulldogs will be a weaker line up in 2018 unless they can pick up 3 to 4 quality backs including a number 7. That's unlikely, as is a top 8 position next year.
Kasiano was absolutely useless this year. He will probably kill it ay the storm, but he was useless for us. And i honestly think we have a much better team for next year. Foran is a massive upgrade on reynolds.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is an absolute dud.

Takes the ball well behind the line so gets good meters, makes tackles but fuck all X factor plays.

Yes he gets the odd offload but he is vastly overrated. He goes missing in big games.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is an absolute dud.

Takes the ball well behind the line so gets good meters, makes tackles but fuck all X factor plays.

Yes he gets the odd offload but he is vastly overrated. He goes missing in big games.
what are you talking about how does that get you more metres? it'd just allow the defence to get up further. he's not the best prop in the game but hes a good player, people just decided to turn on him this year because of that 'big 4' label

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Mbye at FB would be the best option to take advantage of Woods offloads, hopefully Pay at least tries him their, Des certainly would not have.
We have to roll the dice at some stage, Hopoate is not a long term option and was another quick fix by Des. We are crying out for a fullback. Mbye has the attacking traits - though they must improve a lot. Speed, good cut out pass & average kicking game.

Take Lachlan Coote for example, when the halves are under the pump he can do the kicking whether a grubber or bomb. Very handy to have that skillset in a fullback.

Defensively Hopoate would be a better option but we need to spark our attack badly.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
whoever gets the most Dally M points in their position for the year gets it, So Woods must of had the most Dally M points out of the props this year, thats why Widdop got it over Keary cause Widdop had more Dally M points at 5/8. 1st Smith 2nd Morgan 3rd Widdop equal 4th Gallen Keary That is why Gallen got it over Jason T im also guessing you get put into the position you played most games at during the season

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have to roll the dice at some stage, Hopoate is not a long term option and was another quick fix by Des. We are crying out for a fullback. Mbye has the attacking traits - though they must improve a lot. Speed, good cut out pass & average kicking game.

Take Lachlan Coote for example, when the halves are under the pump he can do the kicking whether a grubber or bomb. Very handy to have that skillset in a fullback.

Defensively Hopoate would be a better option but we need to spark our attack badly.
Hopoate is great under the high ball. But that's about where his defence stops. In broken play he doesn't have the speed or lateral movement to stop a try. Most teams run around him.

The thing is he is a classy centre or a solid winger. He has a decent passing game and can set up tries like we seen. He is just missing speed to be a top line fullback. Mbyes speed on the other hand help his cover defence on the other hand. In the line hoppa is a better defender. In cover defence mbye will chop most players down.

Will be interesting to see under a different coach if hoppa and mbye improve their game. Would like to see if pay can get hoppa to support better.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Woods is an upgrade from tolman. At least in attack. He can be very disinterested in defence at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.